[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I just dont see Matt Barnes around much longer (updated: Barnes WAIVED)
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/4/2005  11:29 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by PresIke:

I'm a bit confused as to where you get the notion that Rodney White is a good shooter. Mediocre is more like it. I know the guy hit a few threes over 40% last year with the Nuggets, but his overall FG percentage has been horrific, and when he was on GS he played even worse.

I know we're talking about the 12th-15th man on the roster, but I'd rather go with someone who actually makes sense for this roster. Rodney White would be such a horrible signing that I can't even imagine Isiah would consider it.

He has never been anything close to being a consistent performer, since entering the NBA. I just don't see the benefit in picking up someone like him at all. Rodney White vs. Matt Barnes is a wash, imho, and Barnes at least had a good rep for playing D and could run the floor well.

I don't get the shooter stuff either. The guys is more of a scorer like I described in my post.

Rodney White has that potential tag on him. Right now he is in no position to complain about anything other than the minimum for this season. He's worth a shot at that price.

Sometimes when you WATCH a player, you get more out of it than just looking at STATS. Stats don't tell everything guys. I've had the chance to watch Rodney in the NBA quite a few times and more when he was in college and the guy has a sweet shooting stroke. Yeah, if you want to argue about his %'s in the NBA than fine, but I'll take what I've ACTUALLY SEEN from the guy, instead of looking a bunch of numbers on a webpage.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
12/4/2005  4:12 PM
i would rather see us take a flier on someone overperforming in the D league. i have no concept of what's there, but there has to be a SF with a good shooting stroke who will move his feet on D.
PresIke
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #33
USA
12/4/2005  7:02 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by PresIke:

I'm a bit confused as to where you get the notion that Rodney White is a good shooter. Mediocre is more like it. I know the guy hit a few threes over 40% last year with the Nuggets, but his overall FG percentage has been horrific, and when he was on GS he played even worse.

I know we're talking about the 12th-15th man on the roster, but I'd rather go with someone who actually makes sense for this roster. Rodney White would be such a horrible signing that I can't even imagine Isiah would consider it.

He has never been anything close to being a consistent performer, since entering the NBA. I just don't see the benefit in picking up someone like him at all. Rodney White vs. Matt Barnes is a wash, imho, and Barnes at least had a good rep for playing D and could run the floor well.

I don't get the shooter stuff either. The guys is more of a scorer like I described in my post.

Rodney White has that potential tag on him. Right now he is in no position to complain about anything other than the minimum for this season. He's worth a shot at that price.

Sometimes when you WATCH a player, you get more out of it than just looking at STATS. Stats don't tell everything guys. I've had the chance to watch Rodney in the NBA quite a few times and more when he was in college and the guy has a sweet shooting stroke. Yeah, if you want to argue about his %'s in the NBA than fine, but I'll take what I've ACTUALLY SEEN from the guy, instead of looking a bunch of numbers on a webpage.

If it came off as if I had never seen Rodney White play that was not intentional. I've seen him play and I just don't think he is that great of a shooter. Ray Allen or Allan Houston, had/have got "sweet strokes." Rodney White is an above average shooter who was inconsistent for the most part.

Why is he not in the league any more, at such a young age (25 years old), if he's got such a great jump shot in games? There are other reasons why he is not and stats may not tell the entire story, but he never hit more than 3 three pointers in one game. Usually good shooters have a few games where they hit 4-6 3's in a game. And Rodney had chances to get burn when on the Nuggets, when Veshon Lenord was out (who can shoot from the outside, well) and could not step up to the plate. He's out of the league for a reason, and my feeling is that I'd rather go with someone else who is CONSISTENT at something. Rodney White has never been and thus is out of the NBA, for now.

[Edited by - PresIke on 12-04-2005 7:03 PM]
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/4/2005  7:13 PM
Posted by PresIke:

If it came off as if I had never seen Rodney White play that was not intentional. I've seen him play and I just don't think he is that great of a shooter. Ray Allen or Allan Houston, had/have got "sweet strokes." Rodney White is an above average shooter who was inconsistent for the most part.

Why is he not in the league any more, at such a young age (25 years old), if he's got such a great jump shot in games? There are other reasons why he is not and stats may not tell the entire story, but he never hit more than 3 three pointers in one game. Usually good shooters have a few games where they hit 4-6 3's in a game. And Rodney had chances to get burn when on the Nuggets, when Veshon Lenord was out (who can shoot from the outside, well) and could not step up to the plate. He's out of the league for a reason, and my feeling is that I'd rather go with someone else who is CONSISTENT at something. Rodney White has never been and thus is out of the NBA, for now.

[Edited by - PresIke on 12-04-2005 7:03 PM]

Your right PresIke, I went a little TOO FAR with the "sweet stroke" part, although I think the guy has a pretty good shot. You make all good points about Rodney. I wonder myself why he hasn't been able to stick on a team in the NBA, although I think the Nuggets was a bit different becuase although White is a good shooter, theres no way he can play 2guard in the NBA and fill in for Leonard. White is quick but he's not THAT quick like he would have to be to cover opposing 2 guards and there was no way he was going to get PT over Melo. White I'm sure has squandered many of the chances he's been given with a poor work ethic(not sure why else he wouldn't stick around with the raw talent he displayed in college.)

With all that said, I just wonder if he can play a Tayshawn Prince type role with the Knicks. Now I think the comparisons between the two are FAR-FETCHED becuase Prince is a proven player in this league now BUT, they both display good shooting touches and are long, lanky 3's in the NBA. Prince really flourished under Larry Browns tutelage and I wonder if Larry would be able to do the same thing with White, who I think holds alot more natural talent then Prince does. It'll be interesting to see where this roster spot goes too nonetheless.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-04-2005 7:17 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
I just dont see Matt Barnes around much longer (updated: Barnes WAIVED)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy