[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I just dont see Matt Barnes around much longer (updated: Barnes WAIVED)
Author Thread
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
12/4/2005  12:05 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

AA on K4L has hookups....

He's a scumbag tho....

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 12-03-2005 10:53 PM]

seriously though, sorry about the obliviousness, for some reason I never hear of the knicks 4 life website before. anyway i read the guess what the waiving of barnes means thread and air ariza said that the phone conversation he had implied that it is for a signing and guessed rodney white. although that doesnt make any sense to me becuase is he any better than barnes?, I dont think he even is still in shape. anyway I hope hes wrong and its for a trade, cuase if its for a signing I doubt the person we sign will have that big of an impact.

[Edited by - slimpack on 12-04-2005 12:14 AM]
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/4/2005  12:30 AM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by bobs3304:

He's a scumbag tho....

seriously though, sorry about the obliviousness, for some reason I never hear of the knicks 4 life website before. anyway i read the guess what the waiving of barnes means thread and air ariza said that the phone conversation he had implied that it is for a signing and guessed rodney white. although that doesnt make any sense to me becuase is he any better than barnes?, I dont think he even is still in shape. anyway I hope hes wrong and its for a trade, cuase if its for a signing I doubt the person we sign will have that big of an impact.

Rodney White is an excellent shooter, doesn't play ANY defense but hey most of our guys didn't play defense before Larry Brown anyways. White, is long and can overmatch opposing SF's if given a chance to get minutes. He was playing in Denver prior to now and had Carmelo infront of him so playing time was not likely for him. I would like the signing if it's true.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SlimPack
USA
12/4/2005  12:36 AM
^ yeah i guess your right, i havent been paying attention to him, but according to nba.com he did shoot 40% from behind the arc one seaon, he just didnt get much play time in GS. if he can be a poor man's peja than I guess picking him up would be a good move. But we still need a PG though.
tomverve
Member: #878
12/4/2005  12:38 AM
Anyone see NBA fastbreak tonight? Rick Bucher reported a rumor that NY is interested in Jalen Rose again. Say it ain't so Zeke.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
12/4/2005  12:48 AM
damn..i'd take sprewell over rose anytime of the week
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/4/2005  12:52 AM
Ya....the Craptors can give us Rose.

For Malik and Taylor.

God, the thought of Jalen makes me wanna hurl.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/4/2005  12:56 AM
we need a shooter, and Jalen can also handle the rock, it makes sense. Jalen also playd very well under Larry Brown.
SlimPack
USA
Posted by tomverve:

Anyone see NBA fastbreak tonight? Rick Bucher reported a rumor that NY is interested in Jalen Rose again. Say it ain't so Zeke.

Jalen Rose? surely they jest, we dont need rose, he deosnt play a lick of D and even though he may have more offensive skills than ariza or barnes, even those seem to be deteriorating. plus his contract is crazier than a mug. I think I liked the idea of rodney white better.

[Edited by - slimpack on 12-04-2005 01:00 AM]
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
Does anyone know how Larry and Jalens relationship went in Indiana?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SlimPack
USA
12/4/2005  12:59 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Ya....the Craptors can give us Rose.

For Malik and Taylor.

God, the thought of Jalen makes me wanna hurl.

the thing is I think it would be for hardaway though. I dont think toronto is willing to take on roses contract
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/4/2005  1:12 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Brown ran him outta town...

the thing is I think it would be for hardaway though. I dont think toronto is willing to take on roses contract

I know. It was actually a joke. Ironically, that's also what Rose coming to the Knicks is...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
SlimPack
USA
12/4/2005  1:25 AM
so far out of all the theories I like the rodney white one the best, hopefully hoopshype will have something to say about it tommorow, I just hope the knicks dont wind up signing some old washed up dude.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/4/2005  1:39 AM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by nyk4ever:

Brown ran him outta town...

Brown's last season in Indy was 96-97 with 39 win season.

Rose's last season was on 00-01 under Isiah and a 41 win season.

Between those periods was a 56 win season in 00-01 under Bird with Rose as their leading scorer.

I never liked Rose and don't want him now, but those are the curious facts.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/4/2005  6:11 AM
The jalen rose 5 years ago is the player the knicks need now. This jalen still has the ice water in his veins but that might just be a result of all the ice the dude needs to recover from a game nowadays, lol. If it makes sense I wouldn't mind jalen. He's still an upgrade at the 3.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

12/4/2005  6:25 AM
As far as Rodney white goes. He is a poor mans carmelo Anthony. Their games are very similiar. Thing is all the intangible things that make carmelo what he is lacking from this kid.

Does anyone remember Rodney white getting arrested for firing guns in the air off the side of a highway in d.c. Near goverment buildings.....by secret service? The guy has some serious charecter issues.

Besides the f'ing guy once threw up on the garden floor in the middle of a game!

Larry brown would kill this guy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigC
Member: #829
12/4/2005  6:47 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I remember their relationship to be bad. Larry since his Denver days felt that Rose was not talented and for that reason alone Rose used to bring up it many times when he started playing good on the Pacers. I also felt that Rose also did not like Isiah in recent years. Rose was saying that he thought of Isiah as a friend that turned his back on him. Rose went on to say Isiah is one of the main reasons why Rose got traded to the Bulls for Artest.

As far as your statement about Rodney White, you are absolutely right. The one other thing that can't be ignored is athletic ablility. IF people are impressed with Ariza dunking ability wait until they see White take off. I hope he is in shape!

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
12/4/2005  8:54 AM
Barnes will most likely get picked up by someone else.

This way, Trevor and Q will get more PT instead of there being some kind of conflict when Matt's foot heals.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
12/4/2005  9:25 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by bobs3304:

He's a scumbag tho....

Rodney White is an excellent shooter, doesn't play ANY defense but hey most of our guys didn't play defense before Larry Brown anyways. White, is long and can overmatch opposing SF's if given a chance to get minutes. He was playing in Denver prior to now and had Carmelo infront of him so playing time was not likely for him. I would like the signing if it's true.

I'm a bit confused as to where you get the notion that Rodney White is a good shooter. Mediocre is more like it. I know the guy hit a few threes over 40% last year with the Nuggets, but his overall FG percentage has been horrific, and when he was on GS he played even worse.

I know we're talking about the 12th-15th man on the roster, but I'd rather go with someone who actually makes sense for this roster. Rodney White would be such a horrible signing that I can't even imagine Isiah would consider it.

He has never been anything close to being a consistent performer, since entering the NBA. I just don't see the benefit in picking up someone like him at all. Rodney White vs. Matt Barnes is a wash, imho, and Barnes at least had a good rep for playing D and could run the floor well.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
EnySpree

12/4/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by PresIke:

I'm a bit confused as to where you get the notion that Rodney White is a good shooter. Mediocre is more like it. I know the guy hit a few threes over 40% last year with the Nuggets, but his overall FG percentage has been horrific, and when he was on GS he played even worse.

I know we're talking about the 12th-15th man on the roster, but I'd rather go with someone who actually makes sense for this roster. Rodney White would be such a horrible signing that I can't even imagine Isiah would consider it.

He has never been anything close to being a consistent performer, since entering the NBA. I just don't see the benefit in picking up someone like him at all. Rodney White vs. Matt Barnes is a wash, imho, and Barnes at least had a good rep for playing D and could run the floor well.

I don't get the shooter stuff either. The guys is more of a scorer like I described in my post.

Rodney White has that potential tag on him. Right now he is in no position to complain about anything other than the minimum for this season. He's worth a shot at that price.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
12/4/2005  11:19 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by Andrew:

Actually other sources have said he cannot rejoin the Knicks unless he is traded to another team, and then waived.
I will sleep better if that is true. Thanks, and sorry if I caused a panic.

Under the collective bargainign agreement, Tim Thomas cannot be traded back to the same team after 1 yr.. The only way he can come to the knicks is if Chicago releases him and once he clear waivers, he gets picked up by the Knicks. That's the only way.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
I just dont see Matt Barnes around much longer (updated: Barnes WAIVED)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy