[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade with Boston
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
12/3/2005  12:31 PM
How about we give them Steph, Ariza and Lee for Paul Pierce and Tony Allen? Doc Rivers doesn't really see eye to eye with Pierce, and he always has liked Steph. New starts for both and they get two of our youngsters who may or may not pan out. It works from a cap perspective.

We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
attaboy2005
Member: #992

12/3/2005  12:33 PM
There is their GM with the last name Ainge who would never deal with IT, even if he was the last GM alive, so I wouldn't count on this ever happening.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
12/3/2005  12:41 PM
I don't want Pierce on a Knicks uniform, I really hate him.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/3/2005  12:51 PM
I would do it, Boston probably wouldn't--I don't think they have a need for Marbury and his contract.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/3/2005  1:31 PM
I'll pass on Paul Pierce. For the people that hate Marbury and want Pierce, you'd be saying the same exact things you say about Marbury about Paul Pierce. The guy is a selfish ego-maniac who is way to mentally soft to play in New York.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/3/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'll pass on Paul Pierce. For the people that hate Marbury and want Pierce, you'd be saying the same exact things you say about Marbury about Paul Pierce. The guy is a selfish ego-maniac who is way to mentally soft to play in New York.

you have to be talking about me lol

the reason i'd take Pierce over Marbury is because he makes big shots so he's worth every penny of his $13mm whereas we don't get much out of Marbury and is $20mm
rojasmas
12/3/2005  2:44 PM
How do you know Pierce is soft mentally and can't handle NY? Boston is a tough town too and he has done alright with a mediocre team. Plus, Pierce would finally give us a go-to scorer down the stretch in games. So many NBA games are won and lost in the last few minutes.
Travla
Member: #723
USA
12/3/2005  6:12 PM
I don't Think Pierce is a LB type of player!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
McK1
Member: #964
12/3/2005  6:29 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

you and nalod must buy from the same dealer
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
rojasmas
12/3/2005  6:31 PM
I think Pierce could be an LB type. They do have the Kansas connection. Roy Williams coached him there, and I am sure Roy and LB must talk, as all the Carolina guys do. Makes sense to me.
nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2005  12:59 AM
Rather that than to think along the same lines as you. Thats like asking for a hole in the head the size of a half a doller.

I've had the chance to watch Pierce everygame the Celtics played for the past 2 years and was never OVERLY impressed with him. The guy's a baby night in and night out.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-04-2005 01:04 AM]
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/4/2005  1:04 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

How about we give them Steph, Ariza and Lee for Paul Pierce and Tony Allen? Doc Rivers doesn't really see eye to eye with Pierce, and he always has liked Steph. New starts for both and they get two of our youngsters who may or may not pan out. It works from a cap perspective.

boston wouldnt do it, and its not that good of a deal for us either, tony allen has all sorts of off the court issues, and also marburys contract is way to big for boston to take it, especially in exchange for arguable their best player, even if we give them lee and ariza.

[Edited by - slimpack on 12-04-2005 01:07 AM]
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/4/2005  1:10 AM
unrealistic
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2005  1:15 AM
If anyone on this board really wants Tony Allen, the Knicks might not have to trade for him
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/38174/20051203/celtics_considering_cutting_tony_allen/

Daily Southtown - The expected season debut of Boston Celtics guard Tony Allen was put on hold Friday because of continued pain in his surgically repaired right knee.

Whether the Chicago native's NBA career is hurt by the pending criminal case against him remains to be seen. Allen will return to Chicago on Tuesday to face an arraignment on aggravated battery charges.

"I'm trying to have my lawyers get it to where I (don't have) to report for (future court dates),'' Allen said. "It (is not) like I'm going to be out of town to be out of the country or (anything). I'm going to see what I can do to stay more focused on basketball than this situation.''

There have been reports the Celtics have considered cutting Allen if he serves jail time. [READ]
McK1
12/4/2005  4:10 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I've had the chance to watch Pierce everygame the Celtics played for the past 2 years

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-04-2005 01:04 AM]

how when the knicks usually play at that same time?

but I've watched a good number of Celtics games the last 3 years (Pierce has more wins, more winning shots, more explosive nights than Marbury) and have followed his career since KU and everything in the parenthesis holds true career wise as well.

btw,
Steph cries just as much as the next man. Often times NY s 4-5 while he sits there complaining to a ref about a non-call. He gets back on D only b/c the ref has crossed half-court but his focus isn't on the play at thand, its on getting his chance to talk more to the refs.

and for alll your he's a baby non-sense Pierce REBOUNDS and GETS TO THE LINE at a rate better than most big men in the league. I know those types of things are considered overrated on Knick boards, especially when you've got the "Best PG in the NBA" Steph doesn't believe in going to the stripe by throwing the head fake to get someone off their feet . Gets no "street cred" for making savvy plays. I know thats crybaby ball!

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-04-2005 04:10 AM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Ira
Member: #91
12/4/2005  10:43 AM
I like Marbury, but Pierce is one of the best players in the league. I'd do it, but the Celts won't.
nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by McK1:

how when the knicks usually play at that same time?

Uhh, I went to college in Rhode Island and was forced to watch Celtics games for 4 years up until this year since I've graduated....
but I've watched a good number of Celtics games the last 3 years (Pierce has more wins, more winning shots, more explosive nights than Marbury) and have followed his career since KU and everything in the parenthesis holds true career wise as well.

I agree about the big shots, disagree about everything else. Thats great for Pierce that he's had more explosive nights, winning shots and more wins than Marbury is someone who you think is not a good player at all. You want to say that theres something about Marbury that you don't like ie, how he runs a team on the court, thats fine. I'm saying the same thing about Pierce.
btw,
Steph cries just as much as the next man. Often times NY s 4-5 while he sits there complaining to a ref about a non-call. He gets back on D only b/c the ref has crossed half-court but his focus isn't on the play at thand, its on getting his chance to talk more to the refs.

Don't know why your talking about Marbury in your defense of Paul Pierce, it doesn't make sense to me. The ONLY reason I mentioned Marbury was because I knew someone like you was going to compare Marbury to him in your efforts to make Pierce look better. Marbury has no business being in this post when your trying to tell me how GOOD Paul Pierce is NOT how much you hate Marbury.
and for alll your he's a baby non-sense Pierce REBOUNDS and GETS TO THE LINE at a rate better than most big men in the league. I know those types of things are considered overrated on Knick boards, especially when you've got the "Best PG in the NBA" Steph doesn't believe in going to the stripe by throwing the head fake to get someone off their feet . Gets no "street cred" for making savvy plays. I know thats crybaby ball!

Who cares how you get to the line? As long as you get there and make them. Your REALLY stretching if your going to argue that Stephon gets to the line in a manner which you dont like. I mean comeon man, we know you hate them man but please. Your trying to make points about Paul Pierce by detesting Stephon Marbury when your posts should have just been about Mr. Pierce

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-04-2005 11:45 AM]
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
12/4/2005  12:07 PM
Why Pierce??? he won't take the Knicks to the next level..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
McK1
12/4/2005  12:40 PM
b/c the trade suggestion was Marbury for Pierce.

Steph would probably get to the line 200 more times a season if he used a simple headfake. If he's not going to consistently rebound or play defense or hustle, better max out his offensive potential.

ps
if you couldn't see Knicks games, how can you argue about the merits of Steph with those watching him damn near every night for the last 2 years?
nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2005  12:54 PM
Posted by McK1:

b/c the trade suggestion was Marbury for Pierce.

Steph would probably get to the line 200 more times a season if he used a simple headfake. If he's not going to consistently rebound or play defense or hustle, better max out his offensive potential.

ps
if you couldn't see Knicks games, how can you argue about the merits of Steph with those watching him damn near every night for the last 2 years?

Well Einstein, theres such things as VCRs(which my parents would tape every game for me), the fact that I was home between winter and spring semesters(1 months time and was able to watch every Knick game in that months time)NBA League Pass(which I had for the second half of last season.) I was able to see plenty of Stephon. I find it funny that your only argument here is trying to deface mine, which your having no success doing. Keep it up man, it's fun picking seeing you try so hard to deface someone on a web board.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-04-2005 12:55 PM]
Trade with Boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy