ariza's jam...
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/4/2005  12:53 AM
Posted by oohah:
Then you'd be Scottie Pippen...

No, Scottie could shoot and dribble. Similar physiques though. I don't recall Scottie being a good passer, but his job was not to create.

oohah

THATS what I'm objecting to.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 12-04-2005 12:54 AM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
12/4/2005  1:12 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by oohah:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Scottie could shoot and dribble. Similar physiques though. I don't recall Scottie being a good passer, but his job was not to create.

oohah

Well if you recall Scottie Pippen being an exceptional passer, I ask you where were you during 90-98? He certainly had good assist numbers, but he also had the most dominant scorer in the game to pass to. In addition, The triangle offense has no point guard, no designated 'creator'. It has primary ball handlers and feeders.

I am certainly not saying Pippen was a bad passer, just nothing special.

It appears to me that you don't remember Scottie Pippen as well as I do, if you think that all it take to be as good as him is to be a good rebounder, passer, and defensive player. I guess you forgot about his exceptional scoring and ball-handling ability. Oh well, I guess memories fade with time.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 12-04-2005 01:24 AM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/4/2005  1:45 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Just b/c you can dunk over someone doesn't mean you're gonna become a good player.

yeah just ask stromile swift
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/4/2005  5:13 AM
Posted by oohah:

It appears to me that you don't remember Scottie Pippen as well as I do, I guess you forgot about his exceptional scoring and ball-handling ability. Oh well, I guess memories fade with time.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 12-04-2005 01:24 AM]

Wtf are you talkin about.

This arguement started over you saying Ariza could pass well, defend, rebound, and dunk over people.

No he can't pass. He's an above average rebounder. An above average defender. And yes, a sick dunker.

Pippen was an elite ball handler, an elite passer, a very good rebounder, an elite defender, and yes, a sick dunker. He was also a good shooter.

When did I say Pippen couldn't handle the rock or shoot? As I recall, those were the only 2 attributes you said were worth mentioning about him. Pippen was like Grant Hill with better defense. He's an exceptional all around player. Ariza will NEVER be that.

DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/4/2005  10:58 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Just b/c you can dunk over someone doesn't mean you're gonna become a good player.

see darvin ham
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/4/2005  12:03 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by oohah:

What if you can pass well, play strong defense, rebound, and dunk on anyone?

oohah

No way man. I'm with oohah. Scottie was not only one of the best defenders of the 90s, but he was one of the great defenders ALL TIME, plus when needed, he could score at will. When MJ retired the first time, the rest of the Bulls squad almost sucked, but they made the second round of the playoffs because of SCOTTIE only to lose to what team??? That's right, the Knicks.

He was a very good passer, not great. But he could do anything.

If Ariza could defend, pass rebound just a tad better and dunk on anyone, then he's still faaaaaaaaaaaar from Scotties league. It takes a lot more than stuff like that son. Scottie was high IQ, could hit the J from any distance, played with his teammates (Hell of a team player!) and deserves to be in the top 50 like he is.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
oohah
Member: #887
12/4/2005  1:46 PM
Wtf are you talkin about.

1) Reading Is Fundamental. Since you can't seem to follow a thread of consecutive posts I will reconstruct for you in a moment how you seem to be trying to bait me into a silly argument.
2) I don't care for the tone in your replies to me. Are you allergic to being civil?
3)Questions end with question marks.

You wrote:

To which I replied:

What if you can pass well, play strong defense, rebound, and dunk on anyone?

To which You replied:

That was an obviously silly statement by you. I then replied in turn:

Maybe you cannot understand what I was saying, so let me simplify: Scottie Pippen could do more than just pass, play defense and dunk on anyone. He could score as well as anyone short of Jordan and he could dribble nearly as well as a point guard.

Your next reply was devoid of information, but filled with snyde attitude:

Are you for ****in real?

Where were you from 1990-1998?

Because you did not actually "say" anything, I asked:

I am as 'real' as they come. Now, what exactly are you objecting to?

To which you replied:

oohah

Since you actually said something, however little it was, I replied to that statement with:

Well if you recall Scottie Pippen being an exceptional passer, I ask you where were you during 90-98? He certainly had good assist numbers, but he also had the most dominant scorer in the game to pass to. In addition, The triangle offense has no point guard, no designated 'creator'. It has primary ball handlers and feeders.

I am certainly not saying Pippen was a bad passer, just nothing special.

It appears to me that you don't remember Scottie Pippen as well as I do, if you think that all it take to be as good as him is to be a good rebounder, passer, and defensive player. I guess you forgot about his exceptional scoring and ball-handling ability. Oh well, I guess memories fade with time.

Now, in reply to the rest of your last 'statement':

This arguement started over you saying Ariza could pass well, defend, rebound, and dunk over people.

There was no argument.

No he can't pass. He's an above average rebounder. An above average defender. And yes, a sick dunker.

You're just wrong. Ariza is one of the better passers on the team. Creating for others is one of the parts of the game where he is ahead of the pace. If you can't see that then you haven't been watching. Do you remember the sweet lookaway he threw to Eddie Curry for the jam a short while ago? No?

Pippen was an elite ball handler, an elite passer, a very good rebounder, an elite defender, and yes, a sick dunker. He was also a good shooter.

Elite passer? You simply cannot prove or justify that statement. There are only 2-3 elite passers in the game at any one time and Pippen was never one of them.

When did I say Pippen couldn't handle the rock or shoot?

Your reply to my description of Ariza as a good defensive player, passer, and rebounder was "Then you'd be Scottie Pippen... ". That would imply that one needn't be an excellent shooter and ball handler in addition to the aforementioned characteristics to be as good as Scottie Pippen. Just go back and read, that is all you have to do.

As I recall, those were the only 2 attributes you said were worth mentioning about him.

I never wrote or implied any such thing. How can you put words in my mouth when it is all here for anyone to read? Just go back and read for goodness' sake. RIF!

Pippen was like Grant Hill with better defense.

Pippen was like Grant Hill? Talk about putting the cart before the horse! How about Hill is like Pippen?

He's an exceptional all around player.

Was.

Ariza will NEVER be that.

I am glad you have the courage of your convictions. At what point did I ever write that Ariza would be remotely as good as Pippen? All references to Pippen were brought about by you.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
ariza's jam...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy