[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LIVE from section 406...your su york knicks
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/1/2005  9:22 AM
some quick hits from the arena last night

- your celebrities of choice...the new york rangers (malik, jagr, and two other white dudes )

- upper tier was kind of empty throughout the night. before the game, at the entrance to the garden, brandon tierney does the pre-game tailgate show for 1050 espn radio with jyd. so if you get tickets to the game, you can get there about 1/2 hour early and watch the show and may even get on camera.

- it wasn't really mentioned before we played like absolute CRAP in the first half...on both ends of the ball. we gave up 58 points and allowed the bulls to shoot 50%. again, as we try to find ourselves as a team, we can not continue to get into these holes in the first half b/c on the road...you're not coming back to win.

- i want mo taylor GONE. hasn't really done jack for the past 2 weeks. he looks slow and lethargic and really just wants to shoot the ball. ad is really an old bastard yet he helped us in the 4th. pretty soon that will be curry so i'm not that worried.

- channing frye is a stud. nuff said.

- nate in the starting lineup brings us something different - energy, on the ball defense, and intensity. something we needed. problem is, he can't start everynight and i'm not sure how many minutes he can get vs. detroit as their backcourt is pretty big. when nate subbed out in the first quarter, larry brown put his hands on his face (like the godfather), and said something to the effect like "good job kid" and gave him a pat on the butt. he gives lb agita but i think lb is a HUGE fan of his and gets excited when nate plays "the right way."

- we play best with multiple ball handlers, that's why our 3 guard is working so nicely. really opens up the court and allows for bail outs as the shot clock winds down. throw in frye and now the opposition can't double up on anyone. again, not sure if we can go 3 guard vs. the pistons b/c of their length.

- marbury had a good game. key was that he was not the main focus on offense, made the EARLY first pass (around 18 on the shot clock), and got to the line. there were a few times down the stretch he kind of put his head down and went for his but that's cool - he's been really steady for us the past few games and pretty much the player we wanted him to be. key thing for steph was that he was still getting to the line and HITTING his ft's.

- in the 3rd quarter, there was one play where nate had the ball up by the 3 point line running the point. steph came off a screen on the base line and popped out asking for the ball. nate didn't pass it to him. steph was VISIBLY upset as he threw his arms up in disgust. nate then drove and got fouled. as nate made his way to the line, steph came up to him lecturing him and jamal kind of stepped in the middle to break it up. i'm not sure if the cameras caught this.

- crawford had an amazing game and was clearly pumped up for the bulls. he just needs to stay aggressive. they need to keep setting up those curl plays as that mid-range shot is really starting to fall with consistency. enough of those runners (like lb said), and concentrate on getting to the line or taking a pull up jumper.

- my only concern is when curry comes back. i hope we don't just dump it to him and stand around. we are best when the ball moves around. i would like curry to play the nazr on roids role for us. let the guards set him up for easy baskets. the dump it down and get out of the way offense should be used sparingly for the time being.

- crowd was JACKED for the ariza dunk. jagr jumped out of his seat and was cheering from the baseline. it was pretty cool to see.

- don't get it twisted, jamal picked up the offensive slack, frye was solid, but we won that game b/c of our defense. we just seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half. hey, a win is a win is a win but we have to STOP getting into an early hole. we can't climb out of those on the road...but i guess it's all a part of our development process.

- what's q's role here now? 2nd unit with crawford? ariza's backup? or trade bait?

- good win. big game friday that could end up being a "right of passage".
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2005  9:51 AM
I liked that reezy had some handle, shot some outside (confidence and that of larry!) and drew fouls to get bailed out of stupid drives. But he took it in!

We won at the foul line. Remember when we never had the attempts?

Craw is very effective driving to the basket.

Marbs did what was needed to win! Did not shoot much, but he adapted to the game plan. Don't discount this too much!

AD got legs! He is not pretty, but he is effective. His steel and drive down the full court to get fouled showed a lot!

Funny when Reezy tried feeding Jackie too far from the basket!

Reezys dunk and emotion was very cool. He is almost stoic usually, but it lifted the team.

Clyde pointed that Frye is dribbling in more and can be unstoppable if he gets his handle together and startd driving. Mad props to Isiah! No having to wait 6 years for a high school kid to get his act together!

Chandler never attempted a shot? Play like he has and keep that dumb ass beard? What is up with his game!

Sweets was schooled by everyone. Now he is gone maybe we can be objective about him. How many years we gotta read about him not being in shape? Im sorry, but enough already! He looked fat! One thing, we not undersized!

I got just a bit of faith in JJ returning properly. I think his injuries were minimum but instead was sent to the virtual fat farm to get his act together and keep it there.

I wanted to see curry also. Same with him perhaps, although his injury is real, but those two need get it together and join the team!

Nice game without our two centers.

Chicago looked like us last year. Sweets and Harrington at PF, undersized and jumping shooting only.

Deng looks too slow considering his slight frame.

All in all, Larry just flat out coached Skiles! We took it too them and fouled them out. Marbs was the floor general and wore the bulls out.

This was an important game because the team was patient and can start believing that the old man's plan worked! It takes time!

Craw's offense was impressive, but his defense on gordan was pretty. He doubled in the corner (Heinrick) who Passed to gordan and Craw blocked his shot, and retrieved the ball! That was impressive and will keep him on the floor!

All rookies played!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
12/1/2005  9:55 AM
Hell of a game. I left for like 5 minutes at the beginning of the 4th quarter to get some dinner and I came back to see that we were on a 11-0 run.

Crawford took over the game. Marbury made the right plays when he had to. He kept us from being blown out by getting to the free throw line with ease and sinking them. Frye had another great game. Nate made some hustle plays. Ariza (or Mr. Intangibles as I like to call him) gave us a huge lift with his defense. His performance won't show up in the box score but he makes an impact during the game and that is why I think he will become a special player. Best 4th quarter we played all season.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/1/2005  10:16 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

- i want mo taylor GONE. hasn't really done jack for the past 2 weeks. he looks slow and lethargic and really just wants to shoot the ball. ad is really an old bastard yet he helped us in the 4th. pretty soon that will be curry so i'm not that worried.
Mo played real tough in the beginning of the season and then was inexplicably put in street clothes. I wouldn't give up on him after 1 or 2 poor games. He's made some really big defensive plays for us, something he has never done before in his career. He's an asset, as a player or as trade bait.
- we play best with multiple ball handlers, that's why our 3 guard is working so nicely. really opens up the court and allows for bail outs as the shot clock winds down. throw in frye and now the opposition can't double up on anyone. again, not sure if we can go 3 guard vs. the pistons b/c of their length.
I think your analysis is off. 3 guard offense works for us because we have no real 3. Our 3rd guard is another effective scorer, whereas our 3 (lee,Ariza) is just an offensive liability. With 3 guards the D actually has to pay attention to all 3 of them, whereas any of our 3s can be left alone in on the perimeter. If we had a good 3, or a decent Q it would have the same effect.
- marbury had a good game. key was that he was not the main focus on offense, made the EARLY first pass (around 18 on the shot clock), and got to the line. there were a few times down the stretch he kind of put his head down and went for his but that's cool - he's been really steady for us the past few games and pretty much the player we wanted him to be. key thing for steph was that he was still getting to the line and HITTING his ft's.
I disagree. The key was that other people (mainly Crawford) pulled their weight. There were games we won where he was the main focus, but that is mainly because other guys were not scoring and doing what they were supposed to do. He is our best player, best scorer, most consistant, so if someone is playing better than him on offense, we will ususally win because he will still contribute offensively, while getting that player and others involved. He can be the main focus, just not the ONLY focus. If he is hot and goes for 30 and Craw still puts in 17 and Frye puts in 18 and Curry comes with 15 we are still good to go. The key is a balanced attack. Tonight Craw was the main focus but our overall attack was still balanced.

Down the stretch you want there to be times when he attacks the rim. I disagree that he put his head down because he made a few nice passes, one in particular to AD in the paint which he bobbled but got fouled on.
- in the 3rd quarter, there was one play where nate had the ball up by the 3 point line running the point. steph came off a screen on the base line and popped out asking for the ball. nate didn't pass it to him. steph was VISIBLY upset as he threw his arms up in disgust. nate then drove and got fouled. as nate made his way to the line, steph came up to him lecturing him and jamal kind of stepped in the middle to break it up. i'm not sure if the cameras caught this.
I did see that Nate didn't get him the rock and did see his initial frustration. He should've passed it Steph was wide open. He seemed to be explaining the play to him because the camera was right in his face. He had 3 fingers up telling him something and there was no expression on his face like he was upset or anything. There was nothing to break up, you'll see it on the replay.
- my only concern is when curry comes back. i hope we don't just dump it to him and stand around. we are best when the ball moves around. i would like curry to play the nazr on roids role for us. let the guards set him up for easy baskets. the dump it down and get out of the way offense should be used sparingly for the time being.
I agree totally. But we could have dumped it down alot against the bulls, they are super soft in the middle. That also gives the guards a rest when our bigs are working. Hopefully it also sets open some open 3's for q, Craw or Marbs when guys double down too.
- crowd was JACKED for the ariza dunk. jagr jumped out of his seat and was cheering from the baseline. it was pretty cool to see.
Incredible, I made my wife turn to the game to watch it, I was like "baby that kid is only 20!"
- don't get it twisted, jamal picked up the offensive slack, frye was solid, but we won that game b/c of our defense. we just seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half. hey, a win is a win is a win but we have to STOP getting into an early hole. we can't climb out of those on the road...but i guess it's all a part of our development process.
Totally on point, we couldn't go shot for shot with them, they have a more potent offensive attack than us. BGordon was water out there!! But we made them take some tough shots which they mostly missed down the stretch. They were visibly frazzled by our D and fell apart down the stretch. Hey Larry, are we gonna play defense? The answer is yes!
- what's q's role here now? 2nd unit with crawford? ariza's backup? or trade bait?
2nd unit with crawford? No way. Nate wont be starting many games, LB like situational matchups but don't get used to Nate in the SL. Craw or Q will be starting.

Q has gotta get healed.

djsunyc
12/1/2005  10:18 AM
what he should put out there on friday is steph, craw, ariza, frye, curry.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/1/2005  10:21 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

what he should put out there on friday is steph, craw, ariza, frye, curry.

Totally agree. But may not want to start Frye because they will send Sheed at him and he may get into foul trouble.
djsunyc
12/1/2005  10:26 AM
frye should never come off the bench again. if he gets in foul trouble, he gets in foul trouble. he might as well learn from it, instead of shielding him this early in the season.

i think we really need to activate james for this one. to have curry AND james back with frye and AD, that gives us crazy frontcourt depth to deal with those two monsters.

this is going to be a TUFF game.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/1/2005  10:37 AM
Posted by s3231:

Hell of a game. I left for like 5 minutes at the beginning of the 4th quarter to get some dinner and I came back to see that we were on a 11-0 run.

Rookie msitake... always order in the second and pick up at halftime.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
s3231
USA
12/1/2005  11:03 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

Yea, my original plan was to go at halftime but I kind of got sidetracked (aka hot girl comes into dorm room). Oh well, everything worked out for the best

BTW, dj, how was the reaction to Sweets? Did our fans give him some love?

[Edited by - s3231 on 12-01-2005 11:05 AM]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
martin
USA
12/1/2005  11:20 AM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

Yea, my original plan was to go at halftime but I kind of got sidetracked (aka hot girl comes into dorm room). Oh well, everything worked out for the best

Rookie with tons of upside. Always make way for the hot chicks! Make them go get the food!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/1/2005  11:24 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

Rookie with tons of upside. Always make way for the hot chicks! Make them go get the food!

finger foods??

martin
USA
12/1/2005  11:31 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

finger foods??

s3231, notice the grizzled vet living vicariously through the college youngsters. Take note.
djsunyc
12/1/2005  11:33 AM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

sweets a nice little applause.
s3231
USA
12/1/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

finger foods??

s3231, notice the grizzled vet living vicariously through the college youngsters. Take note.

*s3231 gets out a pen and a notepad*
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/1/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by martin:

2 entries found for vicariously.
vi·car·i·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-kâr-s, -kr-, v-)
adj.
Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another: read about mountain climbing and experienced vicarious thrills.
Endured or done by one person substituting for another: vicarious punishment.

Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.
Committed or entrusted to another, as powers or authority; delegated.
Physiology. Occurring in or performed by a part of the body not normally associated with a certain function.

uh-oh

pwned

s3231
USA
12/1/2005  11:43 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by s3231:
Posted by martin:
Posted by s3231:

sweets a nice little applause.

good to hear
s3231
USA
12/1/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by martin:

2 entries found for vicariously.
vi·car·i·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-kâr-s, -kr-, v-)
adj.
Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another: read about mountain climbing and experienced vicarious thrills.
Endured or done by one person substituting for another: vicarious punishment.

Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.
Committed or entrusted to another, as powers or authority; delegated.
Physiology. Occurring in or performed by a part of the body not normally associated with a certain function.

uh-oh

pwned

LMAO
LIVE from section 406...your su york knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy