[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

chris sheridan chat wrap
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2005  5:09 PM
Chris Sheridan: Good afternoon, all, from New York, home of the NASCAR awards dinner. I will not be taking any auto racing questions, but I will try to go fast. Begin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven (halifax, Nova Scotia): Hey Chris, Is there any team out there that would take Jalen Rose's contract at this point given his play thus far this season?

Chris Sheridan: I still blieve the only possibly move involving Jalen would be a deal with the Knicks for Penny Hardaway, and I get the idea Toronto would do it in an instant. New York, however, sees no need to move one of its valuable trade commidities (Penny's expiring contract) so soon. Isiah Thomas will want to know what other options he has before committing to anything. Rose's salary is a rough match for that of Tim Thomas, but there's no way Chicago makes that deal because Rose has one more year remaining on his contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JJ< Puerto Rico: Hi Chirs! Any news about the National Team.. I read that there are 5 players compromised but no names.. I liked the coaching selection of D'Antoni which will help a lot.. Hopefully Colangelo understand that they need a puer PG and shooting to win or to bring all Top 12.. thanks

Chris Sheridan: JJ, I assume you're talking about the US national team, not the Puerto Rico team that got a surprise wild card invite to the World Championship. I know Jerry colangelo has been visiting quite a few players, meeting face to face to gauge their level of interest. He's getting some resistence from a few players concerned about setting aside three consecutive summers, but it'll only be two summers _ 2006 ande 2008 _ is the Americans can win next summer in Japan. I know he's going after both role players and starts, and I also know he has not yet spoken to the player who has been the NBA's best center thus far in the current season, Marcus Camby.

Jake (SF): How realistic is it that Shawn Kemp could be playing in Toronto or somewhere else? Could he be half as good as he was and help a team contend for a playoff spot?

Chris Sheridan: Shawn is NOT going to Toronto. Bringing him in would be totally at odds with what the younger direction in which the franchise is headed. A lot of people assume the Buggets will take a look because of the past relationshipo between Shawn and George Karl, but Denver sawe wnough two years ago when they brought the reign Man in and found him to be grossly overweight. Methinks Shawn might have to prove himself in a minor league somewhere any NBA team might take a shot on him.

Drew (FL): Chris, is Scott Skiles the most underrated coach in the nba? He's getting a team with zero low post threat, and undersized guards to look like a playoff contender

Chris Sheridan: I'll give you an honest answer, even though I previously declared myself the driver of the Mike Brown bandwagon. It is so, so rare to see any team buy into the mental mindset of its coach. We used to see it from time to time with Phil Jackson and Pat Riley, but it was rare. And now we have these Bulls, who truly seem to be an extension of their hard nosed, no nonsense coach. I wonder how long that can keep it going without all that much size, but remember how little size there is throughout the league these days, and how much small ball is being played.

Shawn (Dallas): I think the Mavs are off to a great start, but what will need to happen for them to get over the hump in the West? Also, do you consider AJ a legitimate NBA head coach?

Chris Sheridan: What kind of a second question is that? Check his record since taking over for Nellie, Shawn. As for the first question, they'll need to get some consistency from Dampier _ the good kind of consistency, not the bad kind Erick has been displaying _ to "get over the hump," as you say.

steve (ohio): Chris, game on the line, you're down 2. Who are you betting the house on to take (and make) the shot?

Chris Sheridan: Time out on the floor. Major coffee spillage. I ponder this question as I clean ...

Chris Sheridan: Ok, I'm back. Sorry. I assume we're going for a 3 so we can get out of there with a win. I'm putting the ball into the hands of .......... Gilbert Arenas.

Tom: Walnut Creek, CA): Chris, when will the media start to show the Golden State Warriors a little love. Baron Davis and Mike Dunleavy are yet to find their rythm, and they are still 10 - 6 to start the season. A win tonight brings them to 11 wins in November. Can we at least get a few dunks from Davis or J. Rich on Sportscenter highlights?

Chris Sheridan: Tom, I though we had seen more media love for GS already this season than in the past 10 seasons combined. Personally, I'd like to see Mike D continue to climb out of his slump, and I'd like to get a little longer look at what they're going to get from Ike Diogo before I predict anything more than an eighth seed that'll get them swept in the first round.

Kevin (Detroit): Arenas? Yeah right. Everyone knows that Mr. Big Shot is Chauncey Billups!

Chris Sheridan: I almost said Chauncey. It was a big coffee spill, though, and maybe I thought about it too long.

Sam (Hou): What are the chances of the Rockets righting their ship after another rocky start to the season? Can they still legitimately be considered a western conference contender?

Chris Sheridan: That was a major, major win for them last night, but they're still a long way from being anywhere near the team they were last March and April. T-Mac says his back will never be 100 percent, and he'll have to try to push through the pain. But I ask you, how long can that realistically last? They've already proven that they're hopeless without him.

Eugene (Champaign): who's been the steal of the draft so far? paul? villaneuva? head?

Chris Sheridan: I'm tempted to say Channing Frye, but let's let them gt 20 games behind them before we make any such statement.

Chris Sheridan: I'm tempted to say Channing Frye, but let's let them gt 20 games behind them before we make any such statement.

Dee (HArtford): Shouldnt the Celts just deal Pierce, draft young and build for 3 years out? Lottery bound?

Chris Sheridan: Here's the thing with that, Dee. They're already going young, and they're already three years away. So the question is, why keep Pierce during those three years? The answer is this: If Pierce is gone and the C's don't get a star in return, who aside from Ricky is capable of scoring? It is possible, although some tams refuse to admit it, to keep a star around through the rebuilding process and ride him along the way. That makes a whole lot more sense to me than trading Paul for a heap of garbage and going from a 30-win team to a 15-win team for the next three years.

Christian (Chicago): Given that the Bucks made it through a very tough November at 7-6, how much do you think they'll improve once their schedule settles down and Bogut/Magloire start to settle in?

Chris Sheridan: That was a very impressive win from them last night, especially without Michael Redd. Bogut came back quite strong after several mediore games, and his block at the end against Terry was sweet. December will be aq big month for them with no long road trips and quite a few winnable games, but they'll also have the Heat, Spurs and Cavs coming to town.

Shawn (Dallas): Where will Tim Thomas end up this year? Also, where does Ruben Patterson get off with his ridiculous demand?? He's been watching too much TO...except TO can actually play!

Chris Sheridan: I'v been trying to figure out the Bulls' options regarding Thomas myself. Thomas makes a shade under $14 million, meaning the Bullc would have to take back about $11.5 million worth of contracts in return. Paxson says Chicago won;t take on any long-term deals that would eat up their cap space next summer, so you have to find a team with $11.5 in movable, expiring contracts. Tough job. Orlando has Kelvin Cato making $8.6 in his final year, so there's a start.

Nate ( newark nj): Will Larry Brown ever mix up the starting line up so that the knicks can have a chance at winning a game?

Chris Sheridan: Nate, pay attention. He changes starters almost every game.

James (Detroit): Friday night, The Return of Larry Brown to the Palace... thoughts?

Chris Sheridan: I'm told they're booing Brown when his image is shown on the scoreboard. So my guess is a maxed reaction titlting toward a surprising number of boos.

Essex ( orlando): How about some love for Zo Mourning? I now he's not the most popular guy in the league, but Miami would be below 500 without his D. and what can the Heat do about our horrible 3-point shooting? Thanks man!!

Chris Sheridan: Missed a couple of Zo questions earlier that I meant to get to. What a beast he has been for the Heat, eh? The shot block numbers are incredible, as is the energy he's playing with. Right now, he's probably playing like the best center in the East. In fact, he should prbably be starting for the East in the All-Star game. As for Miami's 3-point shooting, they'll probably give a longer look to Jason Kapono before deciding whether to look for a shooter through a trade. If I was Pat riley, I'd make an offer to the Hornets for Arvydas Macijauskas, who wants out of Oklahoma City in the worst way. He becomes trade eligible Dec. 15.

Brian (NYC): Chris, do you think the recent impressive stat line of Lamar Odom is an idicator of more to come? And why doesn't Phil ride Kobe to cut back on his shots a little more?

Chris Sheridan: Lakers fans are always hopeful regarding Odom on those rare nights when he can squeeze off a decent number of shots. But remeber he did it last night in large part because Bruce Bowen was guarding Kobe so well. Let's see what happens Thursday against the Jazz, who have no one to contain Kobe. My guess is Lamar takes no more than nine shots.

Chris Sheridan: Folks, that's all the time I have this afternoon. It's off to the Meadowlands to see Pistons-Nets. Thanks for sticking with me through the coffee spillage.

AUTOADVERT
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/30/2005  5:21 PM
Chris Sheridan: I'm tempted to say Channing Frye, but let's let them gt 20 games behind them before we make any such statement

Nothing better than making espn show us some love. Keep up the good work Mr. Frye
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
chris sheridan chat wrap

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy