Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/30/2005  11:47 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by nyk4ever:

Well, I'll concede I must be wrong since everyone else that posted in this thread is for Ruben. I'll just be weary of him if the Knicks ever got him.

Ok I'll back you up. I think it's a problem when players act like Ruben. Most players think they are good enough to play - but obviously not everyone can play. So players can be unhappy but if everyone who isn't playing as much as he wants to whines about it you got 7 or 8 guys on the team whining. If you add in the players who are playing but aren't totally satisfied with their role you might have two guys on the roster who aren't btchn. It is not a sign of a good team player. Good team players can be competitive and fight for more time without btchn to the papers.

Thats the way I looked at it too. I know Ruben has alot of talent and I know theres been a few people on this board who have been intrigued by him for awhile. Rubens history is well-noted and I understand that the Knicks took chances on guys like Spree in the past, but they were on the verge of being a championship team when did so and lets be real, Latrell is a bette player then Ruben. Rubens a nice player but theres got to be a reason he's not playing and theres no reason for him to start saying things like "If I dont get 25 minutes a game then I don't want to play at all." It's childish and shows a poor attitude. I'd rather keep this stuff away from the young guys on the Knicks. I don't want ANY team cancers on this team.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
12/1/2005  12:06 AM
Man, I don't see how RP could ever work over here. I mean you think LB is gonna take being cursed at and play this guy his 25 minutes? If you can curse out your coach and get away with it, how much respect are any of the others going to have for him? This is especially critical on a young team like ours finding its way and needing alot of guidance. At best RP is a minor upgrade at SF(He's a caeer 10/4 player and Q's D has been OK). AT worst he's what he's always been:an on and off court cancer.
OT: Ruben Patterson... what an @$$hole

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy