fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2005  1:50 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

is Marbury one of our top players Bonn?
Yes, he's our top player but only because we don't have Andrew Bynum!
Just wondering. Is Marbury 20-22 years old? Who is this list of top players your talking about?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2005  1:54 PM
Posted by Nalod:

You not read my answers? While sarcastic and obnoxious, they ring with some truth!

i did read it and i agree to an extent. my intention was not to make this an h20 vs. marbury discussion. i think many know my stance on him so i'll leave it at that.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2005  3:10 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

one thing i don't get is that allan houston was LAMBASTED for his $100 mil deal. people wanted that deal off our books as it was crippling - especially for a player that's really just a jumpshooter. but if you look at it, when h20 had to carry the franchise (02/03) - he carried them to a 37 win season. yet marbury, who gets similar dollars carried us to a 33 win season last year. what's the difference? i'm not trying to be malicious, just want to know what the difference is?

This is bordering on absurd. When H20 was leading the knicks look at the east:
Did teams like Washington or Chicago even matter? NO.
Did Cleveland matter? NO! they won the Lebron sweepstakes that year.
What about Miami, were they any good? 25 wins!
2 years later Dwayne Wade and Shaq are in Miami, Lebron is on the cav's, and Chicago and Washington have reloaded with FA signings, high lottery picks and players coming into their own. Even Toronto was markedly improved with a young Chris Bosh.
Not to mention teams that were already good like Indiana and Detroit got even better.
Sixers still had a solid team and then added C-Webb mid season.

And thats only part of the difference, about 4 teams in the east got SERIOUSLY better. One even went to the finals. If you can't see that on your own, and you're a knick fan, its because you don't wan to see it.

how is it bordering on absurd? look at the rosters of the two teams and tell me which one is better? the 02/03 knicks or the 04/05 knicks? which roster would you think would win more games? i'm just trying to make a point - different positions, different skillsets but why was it ok to criticize h20 but not steph?

way to ignore everything i said. The steph team was better it just played in a MUCH more competitive eastern conference.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 11-30-2005 3:11 PM]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2005  3:44 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

is Marbury one of our top players Bonn?
Yes, he's our top player but only because we don't have Andrew Bynum!
Just wondering. Is Marbury 20-22 years old? Who is this list of top players your talking about?
No, he's not 20-22. Frye, Curry, Ariza, Lee, Nate, Butler are though. (Curry might be 23.) Those are all talented, promising (obviously some more than others) young players and were the ones I was referring to. I'm surprised you didn't know the age of any of our players. Maybe you'll be more patient now that you know how young many of our promising players are.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-30-2005 4:15 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2005  4:13 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

way to ignore everything i said. The steph team was better it just played in a MUCH more competitive eastern conference.

OK OK I ADMIT IT...I AM STEPH'S BASTARD CHILD!!! HE NEVER TOOK CARE OF ME OR MY MAMA!!! NEVER EVEN CAME WITH ME TO GET MY FIRST NECK TATTOO!!!

(fyi, i'm 3 years older so logistically, i'm not sure how that works out)

fishmike
USA
11/30/2005  4:22 PM
Bonn... Lee, Butler and Ariza strike me as dime a dozen guys. Every team has a few. The league is full of them. Nate is a unique talent and Frye and Curry are good building blocks for sure. My point is if you stacked the Knicks against the rest of the league in the catagory of "promising young talent" I would venture to say we are in middle at best. If you rated all 30 teams based on promise and upside of their youth I would bet we rank in the 17-20 range.

I'm glad we have young guys getting minutes. Its something we havent had for 20 years but this notion that we are sitting on a goldmine of a pipeline is silly... its just not true. Your kidding yourself
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2005  4:38 PM
I don't think anyone has that notion. My notion is that we have a lot of nice young players that will need time. It would be nice to do a thread comparing the players 23 and under across the league. I think we'd be closer to 12 to 15th of the 30 teams (after being around 28th or 30th 2 years ago). That's a huge improvement for the long-term, which is enough to convince me to be patient with this group. You're just kidding yourself though if you think anyone willing to be patient is assuming we're sitting on a goldmine.
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/30/2005  4:39 PM
I love Gold
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/30/2005  4:55 PM
DJ, I like the way you presented your view. If we went that road there wouldn't be to many complaints. Unless after he were to get traded posters come out bashing Marbury as the reasons we lost in the past. We could go that road, we could try and land a efficent G/F. Any road we go just need to follow through and hopefully it works out. With Frye 22, Curry 22 we could try different things around them, just make sure we don't get locked in. Hopefully they get to a level where they can carry us no matter what road we take. But also this young core of Nate, Frye, Lee have played 4yrs of college ball so there learning curve shouldn't be to long. Curry been in the NBA for 4yrs his learning curve shouldn't be to long either. Marbury is 28/29yrs old. I think we have some room to wait a little before moving him.

Houston resigned his contract with the Knicks. Marbury's contract was traded for. Thats a difference. Marbury also can do more things on the court than Houston. And while we lost 33games last yr, Im pretty sure we sold out every home game. Marbury bring a lot of support from being from NY. Managment takes notice to that. There both overpaid but there is a difference.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
USA
11/30/2005  4:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I don't think anyone has that notion. My notion is that we have a lot of nice young players that will need time. It would be nice to do a thread comparing the players 23 and under across the league. I think we'd be closer to 12 to 15th of the 30 teams (after being around 28th or 30th 2 years ago). That's a huge improvement for the long-term, which is enough to convince me to be patient with this group. You're just kidding yourself though if you think anyone willing to be patient is assuming we're sitting on a goldmine.
I will work on it but read some of the things you and other have written. Things like best draft ever and we are rebuilding. My point is just that we are NOT. That we have the same young talent as most teams around the league if not less, and the problem is that we have mortaged our options to add MORE because of some of the deals we have made.

Oh.. and I like MArbury and want him to stay and do well

the best player we have is marbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy