Maybe this will help...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/30/2005  11:36 AM
that acutally helped...are you one of those people?
all kool aid all the time.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by djsunyc:

one thing i don't get is that allan houston was LAMBASTED for his $100 mil deal. people wanted that deal off our books as it was crippling - especially for a player that's really just a jumpshooter. but if you look at it, when h20 had to carry the franchise (02/03) - he carried them to a 37 win season. yet marbury, who gets similar dollars carried us to a 33 win season last year. what's the difference? i'm not trying to be malicious, just want to know what the difference is?

Allan did not have Tatoos. They are cool.

Americans need to put a face on evil. once Layden was canned, we turned our affections on Allans contract.

Marbs was Isiahs doing, so he gets lots of love. We were so happy to have the best point in the game and the future was going to be so bright! Isiah was going to part the Hudson and lead us to the promise land!

Marbs is from Coney Island. Most NYers like Nathans hotdogs which are a staple of Coney Island!

Marbs is more NY. Allan was tall, handsome and had a pretty game. Marbs grinds it out, and has a funny big ole head! We take pity on him.

Marbs is not hurt and plays. God forbid a man get his contract honored while injured. If any of the posters here have disability insurance and got on Allan for not playing and getting paid you might want to cancel it.

Marbs is "cool" with a heavy streat cred. Allan is refined and smooth.

a season ticket rep told me they get alot of calls from season ticket holders saying similar things about marbury and that they think we should move him. people actually call up msg for other issues but when they start talking about the team, they voice their concerns about steph as the pg so it's not isolated to just people on these boards. (this is just an fyi)
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/30/2005  11:39 AM
that's funny, a season ticket rep told me that they have gotten calls from season ticket holders that would cancel their subscriptions should marbs get traded and the only reason they got the subscription was because of the trade for marbs.

Funny...different strokes, different folks.

What's your season ticket rep's name? I'll give you mine and they can compare notes.
all kool aid all the time.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2005  11:43 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Why do you care so much about how much players are paid? It's not like we're trying to get under the cap

why don't you?

No one's ever given me one good reason to care about how much an NBA owner pays his players
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2005  11:46 AM
because you dont pay to go to games. If you spent your cash on tickets and watched those ticket prices escalate over the years while the product goes down maybe it would bother you.
Knight
Member: #968
11/30/2005  11:48 AM
I think the only Knicks fans who are in love with Marbury's game are under 14 years old. What right minded adult is fanatic about Stephon Marbury? On the other hand, there are tons of fans who once liked Marbs and now detest Marbs or have become weary of him.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
fishmike
USA
11/30/2005  11:48 AM
then of course there is a direct correlation between what a player is paid, the length of his contract and his value to other teams. If Marbury was being paid what Billups is Isiah would have 15 teams calling every week saying they will take a shot on MArbury.

Personally I want him here (for now)
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by fishmike:

because you dont pay to go to games. If you spent your cash on tickets and watched those ticket prices escalate over the years while the product goes down maybe it would bother you.
I said no one gave ME reasons to care. I'm sorry if you have to watch on TV instead of going to games, but that doesn't factor into my evaluation of the team. I'm sure someone else will buy the seat you would have bought anyway. If not, then they'll lower prices. The product definitely hasn't gone down. We've gone from a starting lineup of Ward, Shandon Anderson, Van Horn, Kurt, Dikembe to a talented young team. Wins take time when your top players are 20-22. You need patience

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-30-2005 11:52 AM]
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2005  11:50 AM
Posted by Knight:

I think the only Knicks fans who are in love with Marbury's game are under 14 years old. What right minded adult is fanatic about Stephon Marbury? On the other hand, there are tons of fans who once liked Marbs and now detest Marbs or have become weary of him.
I like Marbury but would hardly say I'm in love with how he plays. I stick up for him because I see him like all NY Knick stars (Ewing, Houston, Marbury) taking a brutally unfair beating.

Knight
Member: #968
11/30/2005  11:54 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:

I like Marbury but would hardly say I'm in love with how he plays. I stick up for him because I see him like all NY Knick stars (Ewing, Houston, Marbury) taking a brutally unfair beating.

I just can't imagine anyone cancelling their season tickets because we traded Stephon Marbury, whereas if it was Patrick during his prime I could see it. Marbury just doesn't get that kind of love because he hasn't earned it--either by winning or by being someone you can cheer for like Houston was.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
fishmike
USA
11/30/2005  11:55 AM
is Marbury one of our top players Bonn?
djsunyc
11/30/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

I said no one gave ME reasons to care. I'm sorry if you have to watch on TV instead of going to games, but that doesn't factor into my evaluation of the team. I'm sure someone else will buy the seat you would have bought anyway. If not, then they'll lower prices. The product definitely hasn't gone down. We've gone from a starting lineup of Ward, Shandon Anderson, Van Horn, Kurt, Dikembe to a talented young team. Wins take time when your top players are 20-22. You need patience

i don't live in a vacuum like that. george steinbrenner is a good owner for yankee fans. he makes money but puts it back in the team. but when he overpays a guy like quantrill or jaret wright, he cuts dental coverage to his employees. so what owners spend on players affects alot of people, even if it doesn't directly affect you. think about the big picture. dolan fired a bunch of security guys in the 400's b/c of our cap. these guys are out of jobs b/c of giving jerome james $30 mil. it makes a difference and i'm not even talking about a baskeball standpoint.
fishmike
USA
11/30/2005  12:14 PM
well there's that and it makes it impossible to trade his fat ass
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2005  12:52 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

one thing i don't get is that allan houston was LAMBASTED for his $100 mil deal. people wanted that deal off our books as it was crippling - especially for a player that's really just a jumpshooter. but if you look at it, when h20 had to carry the franchise (02/03) - he carried them to a 37 win season. yet marbury, who gets similar dollars carried us to a 33 win season last year. what's the difference? i'm not trying to be malicious, just want to know what the difference is?

This is bordering on absurd. When H20 was leading the knicks look at the east:
Did teams like Washington or Chicago even matter? NO.
Did Cleveland matter? NO! they won the Lebron sweepstakes that year.
What about Miami, were they any good? 25 wins!
2 years later Dwayne Wade and Shaq are in Miami, Lebron is on the cav's, and Chicago and Washington have reloaded with FA signings, high lottery picks and players coming into their own. Even Toronto was markedly improved with a young Chris Bosh.
Not to mention teams that were already good like Indiana and Detroit got even better.
Sixers still had a solid team and then added C-Webb mid season.

And thats only part of the difference, about 4 teams in the east got SERIOUSLY better. One even went to the finals. If you can't see that on your own, and you're a knick fan, its because you don't wan to see it.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2005  12:58 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

i don't live in a vacuum like that. george steinbrenner is a good owner for yankee fans. he makes money but puts it back in the team. but when he overpays a guy like quantrill or jaret wright, he cuts dental coverage to his employees. so what owners spend on players affects alot of people, even if it doesn't directly affect you. think about the big picture. dolan fired a bunch of security guys in the 400's b/c of our cap. these guys are out of jobs b/c of giving jerome james $30 mil. it makes a difference and i'm not even talking about a baskeball standpoint.
Hey this is capitalism. They don't have to fire those guys because of player salaries. Those security guys make very little money and if Dolan wanted to cut out a crumb of his profits, he could pay those guys so that argument doesn't fly with me. Maybe he could cut down on his private jet expenses, I don't buy that cap excuse.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 11-30-2005 1:02 PM]
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2005  1:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

is Marbury one of our top players Bonn?
Yes, he's our top player but only because we don't have Andrew Bynum!
djsunyc
11/30/2005  1:41 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

2 years later Dwayne Wade and Shaq are in Miami, Lebron is on the cav's, and Chicago and Washington have reloaded with FA signings, high lottery picks and players coming into their own. Even Toronto was markedly improved with a young Chris Bosh.
Not to mention teams that were already good like Indiana and Detroit got even better.

And thats only part of the difference, about 4 teams in the east got SERIOUSLY better. One even went to the finals. If you can't see that on your own, and you're a knick fan, its because you don't wan to see it.

how is it bordering on absurd? look at the rosters of the two teams and tell me which one is better? the 02/03 knicks or the 04/05 knicks? which roster would you think would win more games? i'm just trying to make a point - different positions, different skillsets but why was it ok to criticize h20 but not steph?
djsunyc
11/30/2005  1:44 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Hey this is capitalism. They don't have to fire those guys because of player salaries. Those security guys make very little money and if Dolan wanted to cut out a crumb of his profits, he could pay those guys so that argument doesn't fly with me. Maybe he could cut down on his private jet expenses, I don't buy that cap excuse.

i'm going to use your response here:

"If you can't see that on your own, and you're a knick fan, its because you don't want to see it."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2005  1:48 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

how is it bordering on absurd? look at the rosters of the two teams and tell me which one is better? the 02/03 knicks or the 04/05 knicks? which roster would you think would win more games? i'm just trying to make a point - different positions, different skillsets but why was it ok to criticize h20 but not steph?

You not read my answers? While sarcastic and obnoxious, they ring with some truth!
the best player we have is marbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy