[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Except for Marbury Curry and Frye--Isiah should just unload on a secondary rebuild
Author Thread
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/29/2005  5:10 PM
Wuz up with the infatuation with Ricky Davis? When has he been high on anyone else's accquring list. This is just plain ludacris
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2005  6:12 PM
Posted by boomann:

Wuz up with the infatuation with Ricky Davis? When has he been high on anyone else's accquring list. This is just plain ludacris

Ricky Davis is a superior talent who has hit his prime and matured quite nicely with his problem attitude from his younger years. Your perception is what you believe reality is. If you have not watched a lot of Celtic games--forget league pass, I get all 82 Celtic games 20 BC, 20 NE games from one of my cable outlets--so just by default or boredom, I watch a lot of Celtics anyway. Ricky Davis is playing at an all star level. He was the celtics 6th man last year and with his increased starter minutes, he has shown just incredible strides. He's a flat out all star 25-26 years old who plays solid D and also pocess's that superior NBA athletsicm we lack except for one guy. He's a perfect compliment in many ways--can we get him? ask isiah--but I will say Ricky is FAR< FAR superior to Crawford and Q-rich way way bETTER.
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/29/2005  6:29 PM
Ricky Davis is a superior talent

maybe you should head over to ultimateceltics.com and start posting in their forum.

[Edited by - boomann on 11-29-2005 6:51 PM]
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/29/2005  6:30 PM
Posted by martin:

I think you will see Zeke do a secondary build over the next 2 years with the expiring contracts. He is not done.

Can Larry's psyche withstand that? I'm not sure.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/29/2005  6:38 PM
Dude, if Ricky Davis is such a great young player as you say, then we ain't getting him. Move on.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/29/2005  7:01 PM
by the way Briggs, you do realize I have been seeing our core as Marbs, Curry and Frye from the onset right? I've only said it a million times already, but thanks for coming on board, we need the clear sightedness here. The 'throw marbs under the bus' crowd are the only ones lacking in credibility.

One thing about Ricky though, while I haven't seen him play except the season opener, I will say that his numbers are impressive. the only thing that concerns me is his number of shots. He takes alot of shots. Is LB really gonna let him take that many shots? Are they even LB type shots? Many of them aren't based on what I know of him. I think there could potentially be a problem with LB and his style of play. Would LB even been alright with him as a player? I realy don't know about that. Then there is the question of whether Ainge even lets him go at all. He'd probably sooner trade Pierce because he is older much more expensive and has already peaked. Of course the package for Pierce has to be much sweeter too.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/29/2005  7:02 PM
Posted by Panos:

Dude, if Ricky Davis is such a great young player as you say, then we ain't getting him. Move on.

yeah, I don't think we're getting Davis from Boston/Ainge. But that's not to say Davis wouldn't instantly be the leading scorer on this squad. Ricky Davis is close to great. he's an awesome wing talent. he's almost unstoppable. the Knicks certainly can't stop him. He's no more of a headcase than Spree.
¿ △ ?
OldFan
Member: #446
11/29/2005  9:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by boomann:

Ricky Davis is a superior talent who has hit his prime and matured quite nicely with his problem attitude from his younger years. Your perception is what you believe reality is. If you have not watched a lot of Celtic games--forget league pass, I get all 82 Celtic games 20 BC, 20 NE games from one of my cable outlets--so just by default or boredom, I watch a lot of Celtics anyway. Ricky Davis is playing at an all star level. He was the celtics 6th man last year and with his increased starter minutes, he has shown just incredible strides. He's a flat out all star 25-26 years old who plays solid D and also pocess's that superior NBA athletsicm we lack except for one guy. He's a perfect compliment in many ways--can we get him? ask isiah--but I will say Ricky is FAR< FAR superior to Crawford and Q-rich way way bETTER.

Briggs - the problem is if he is way better (he certainly is so far this year) and not a head case - I don't think we have the assets to get him. The only way we do is if his game falls way off or he becomes such a pain the the arse Boston is willing to dump him. I agree we need an upgrade but we only get Ricky if he is the inconsistent head case some posters think he is and not the maturing up and coming star you think he is.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/29/2005  11:52 PM
This Thread has taken up to much space on this website, I say LOCK it up!.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2005  12:51 AM
BTW the thread title is a no brainer, its crazy how many guys here don't see this. They are our 3 most effective players, period. F*ck your per stats 82games stats or whatever, those 3 are the best players, not might be or could be, but are the best right now. Some of you guys here are really emotional attached (negatively and positively) to knick players.
Mainly against Steph.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/30/2005  1:03 AM
"Everybody Hates Steph" --the new sitcom on MSG.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/30/2005  1:17 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by boomann:

Briggs - the problem is if he is way better (he certainly is so far this year) and not a head case - I don't think we have the assets to get him. The only way we do is if his game falls way off or he becomes such a pain the the arse Boston is willing to dump him. I agree we need an upgrade but we only get Ricky if he is the inconsistent head case some posters think he is and not the maturing up and coming star you think he is.

Trade Im willing to give them

SA 06 #1
David Lee
Trevor Ariza
Antonio Davis or Penny
for either Raef or Mark Blount and Ricky Davis
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
11/30/2005  1:52 AM
I agree with BRIGGS here. This team s*cks real bad because some of our key pieces of the team do not fit the coach and his game.

If we had the 2006 pick (which could be the overall #1 pick), I wouldn't be too worried about our situation. We could let the youth play and learn under LB, knowing that we'll be adding a stud in the draft. I mean that's Isiah's (only?) strength. We possibly could have added one of Gay/Morrison/Aldridge/Gibson. And that would have been a serious long-term talent upgrade.

Someone mentioned that us getting Curry is like getting the #1 pick because he'd be the #1 pick this yr. Now that's nonsense. We could've gotten Curry without giving away the pick, and maybe added Gay in the draft next yr. Imagine having the core of Curry/Frye/Gay/Steph with more youth! BUT the reality is we gave away that valuable pick for LEE. Now the only avenue we have to upgrade our talent level for the next 2 yrs is by making trades.
Posted by BRIGGS:

Trade Im willing to give them

SA 06 #1
David Lee
Trevor Ariza
Antonio Davis or Penny
for either Raef or Mark Blount and Ricky Davis

I say pull the trigger. I think Ricky will be great playing with Steph and our frontcourt. Losing Lee/Ariza/pick might sound too much, but it's not. We don't need mediocre players even though they are young. Yeah, they may turn into good players, but Ricky just turned 26 and is playing awesome NOW. We need all star caliber players added to this team to be competitive. Unfortunately, Craw and Q ain't one.

[Edited by - OAK on 11-30-2005 01:54 AM]
Except for Marbury Curry and Frye--Isiah should just unload on a secondary rebuild

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy