[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Except for Marbury Curry and Frye--Isiah should just unload on a secondary rebuild
Author Thread
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
11/29/2005  12:59 PM
We don't need lewis enough to warrant giving up crawford for him
AUTOADVERT
NotFrye
Member: #935
11/29/2005  1:01 PM
There's a lot of "never trade _______ guys" on this board, despite the fact that we are, at best, a mediocre team, with two erratic chuckers in craw and q. I don't think we should jump on briggs for making trade proposals or flipping out at our prospects, since we've seen enough in nyc over the past couple of years to know what a losing team looks like, and this team is showing a propensity for sucking balls. We really have to sit tight until our lottery pick is used up by the bulls, but if a trade comes along that improves the team, even if it involves your XXX hardcore fantasy boy stephon (or lee, ariza, nate, craw etc.), you jump on it.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

11/29/2005  1:01 PM
We could trade anyone on this team not drafted by us, with the possible exception of Curry, and I'd shed not a tear from these jaded eyes.
McK1
Member: #964
11/29/2005  1:02 PM
dumb ass isiah logic has driven some batty. everybody not SA aren't in the same league as NY. There are a lot of guys on other teams not SA who know how to play. NY has 2 guys under 30 who actually know how to play team ball.

and for the record
Rashad Lewis is better than any perimeter player on NY on both sides of the ball and he is still improving.

Rashad Lewis is better than any Knick perimeter player.

[Edited by - McK1 on 11-29-2005 1:03 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2005  1:03 PM
[quote]
Posted by boomann:

Why do people always panic after a loss? I hate to see the Knicks lose as much as the next guy, but I don't give up on my team as quick as some of you guys. I think if half of you were GM's we would have a diffrent lineup every night. I feel if the rookies get time to become consistent ball players than we will be better in the long run rather than picking up a flawed veteran. A lot of the guys being mentioned for trades have been in the league for years and have not won anything. So basically they are in the same boat as everybody on the Knicks. I would rather see our team grow then to keep a revolving door open after a blowout. It was unfortuate that they couldn't string back to back games together, but these guys are going to be a good team before this year is out. Patience young padawan.

its no panicking after a loss, its a subject that was brought up 500 times. Having two PRIMARY wings who just play so inconsistent like Craw and Q is just not going to work. We need a higher talent level, we need more toughness, we need more consistent players--we could use some guys like a Jake Voshkul who do all the dirty work, but do it consitently. we have way to many inconsistent players to win consistently---comprende?
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/29/2005  1:04 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Lewis isn't THAT much better than Craw,

are you high?

Don't take it out of context.
Essentially what I was saying was:
Is Rashard Lewis worth Crawford and essentially 2 first round picks?
I don't know about that. Crawford is playing poorly this season, but think about last season, they weren't miles apart. Lewis was still better, but this year it just seems like more than it is. I think they have similar ceilings as players to be honest but Lewis is obviously fulfilling his promise whereas Craw has taken a huge step backwards in his production.
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/29/2005  1:05 PM
are you including me in this category? the only reason I approved of the mike miller trade is becuase fish's scenario didnt have us giving an unrecoverable amounnt of youth to get him and it will make us a better team. and the reason I want marbury traded, is becuase his contract is inexusable which is not something that happend after last nights loss, and also his ceiling as far as playing under brown goes is quite appharently lower than the worth of his contract.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular just making a statement from my observations of the various threads. How is his contract inexcusable? In the NBA they give people contracts off of potential and production. The last time I checked Marbury was still averaging 20 and 8.
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
SlimPack
USA
11/29/2005  1:05 PM
Posted by NotFrye:

There's a lot of "never trade _______ guys" on this board, despite the fact that we are, at best, a mediocre team, with two erratic chuckers in craw and q. I don't think we should jump on briggs for making trade proposals or flipping out at our prospects, since we've seen enough in nyc over the past couple of years to know what a losing team looks like, and this team is showing a propensity for sucking balls. We really have to sit tight until our lottery pick is used up by the bulls, but if a trade comes along that improves the team, even if it involves your XXX hardcore fantasy boy stephon (or lee, ariza, nate, craw etc.), you jump on it.

i agree with you to a point, if said trade makes the team worse(through loss of our traded player) before it makes us better than whats the point of it? anyway I think this team has shown flashes of potential that the no knick team has shown in years despite it's current record, we should wait a little while longer before we can even ascertain what player should be traded for who.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/29/2005  1:06 PM
Gotta give this roster a little bit more time. I don't lateral moves. If Zeke is going to deal please make a huge splash. KG anyone?
boomann
USA
11/29/2005  1:07 PM
its no panicking after a loss, its a subject that was brought up 500 times. Having two PRIMARY wings who just play so inconsistent like
Craw and Q is just not going to work. We need a higher talent level, we need more toughness, we need more consistent players--we could use some guys like a Jake Voshkul who do all the dirty work, but do it consitently. we have way to many inconsistent players to win consistently---comprende?

How can you be consistent if you don't know if you will play from night to night. There isn't a consistent lineup so there can't be consistent players. Players play off the rhytmn of the game and if they can't get into a groove it turns into long nights and short days.
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
SlimPack
USA
11/29/2005  1:08 PM
Posted by boomann:
are you including me in this category? the only reason I approved of the mike miller trade is becuase fish's scenario didnt have us giving an unrecoverable amounnt of youth to get him and it will make us a better team. and the reason I want marbury traded, is becuase his contract is inexusable which is not something that happend after last nights loss, and also his ceiling as far as playing under brown goes is quite appharently lower than the worth of his contract.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular just making a statement from my observations of the various threads. How is his contract inexcusable? In the NBA they give people contracts off of potential and production. The last time I checked Marbury was still averaging 20 and 8.

uh you checked wrong. hes averaging 18 and 6.5. and even if he were averaging 20 and 8 thats not worth his contract imo. he makes the same amount as AI, are you saying marbury is as good as AI?
BRIGGS
11/29/2005  1:09 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by boomann:

Why do people always panic after a loss? I hate to see the Knicks lose as much as the next guy, but I don't give up on my team as quick as some of you guys. I think if half of you were GM's we would have a diffrent lineup every night. I feel if the rookies get time to become consistent ball players than we will be better in the long run rather than picking up a flawed veteran. A lot of the guys being mentioned for trades have been in the league for years and have not won anything. So basically they are in the same boat as everybody on the Knicks. I would rather see our team grow then to keep a revolving door open after a blowout. It was unfortuate that they couldn't string back to back games together, but these guys are going to be a good team before this year is out. Patience youn padawan.

I personally would rather have Davis,partly because hesa better defensiev player and better all-around talent+he has no injury issues--but with that being said--why would the 9-5 Memphis Grizzlies who just went out and brought in vets to win--trade mike miller for ending contracts--thats not real, thats not happening, so i wont even think about it. Ricky on the other hand, while he is playing like an all star--both he and pierce carry a crp team--they have way to many yooots--they needed to rebuild, and if they come to the conclusion that yes we will do it, the NY Knicks have the ending contracts to get them well-under the cap and also lets them tank the season so they can get that high pick they crave. OR they could be the team that shoves out yoots for vets--i would if i was them--but i dont think ainge wants to do that.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/29/2005  1:12 PM
Posted by boomann:

its no panicking after a loss, its a subject that was brought up 500 times. Having two PRIMARY wings who just play so inconsistent like
Craw and Q is just not going to work. We need a higher talent level, we need more toughness, we need more consistent players--we could use some guys like a Jake Voshkul who do all the dirty work, but do it consitently. we have way to many inconsistent players to win consistently---comprende?

How can you be consistent if you don't know if you will play from night to night. There isn't a consistent lineup so there can't be consistent players. Players play off the rhytmn of the game and if they can't get into a groove it turns into long nights and short days.

lifetime stats of q-rich and craw dont agree with you.
RIP Crushalot😞
McK1
Member: #964
11/29/2005  1:13 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Lewis isn't THAT much better than Craw,

are you high?

Don't take it out of context.
Essentially what I was saying was:
Is Rashard Lewis worth Crawford and essentially 2 first round picks?
I don't know about that. Crawford is playing poorly this season, but think about last season, they weren't miles apart. Lewis was still better, but this year it just seems like more than it is. I think they have similar ceilings as players to be honest but Lewis is obviously fulfilling his promise whereas Craw has taken a huge step backwards in his production.

yes they were. Get your head out of the highlight reels.

Lewis put up 21 and 6 on 46% frm 2 40% from 3 with a blk and a stl and Seattle won their division. Crawford was a senseless no defense playing non-rebounding long off-balance jump-shot taking chukker!

When you look at Lewis you see a player who is just super efficient. he is 26 and durable. He is long athletic knowledgeable and can beat you inside and out from the 3.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
boomann
USA
11/29/2005  1:14 PM
uh you checked wrong. hes averaging 18 and 6.5. and even if he were averaging 20 and 8 thats not worth his contract imo. he makes the same amount as AI, are you saying marbury is as good as AI?

I said they give contracts off potential and production but they don't have a way to measure a person's heart and Marbury got his contract because he produces statistically.
SlimPack
USA
11/29/2005  1:14 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I personally would rather have Davis,partly because hesa better defensiev player and better all-around talent+he has no injury issues--but with that being said--why would the 9-5 Memphis Grizzlies who just went out and brought in vets to win--trade mike miller for ending contracts--thats not real, thats not happening, so i wont even think about it.

agreed as I said before they wouldnt do it.
Ricky on the other hand, while he is playing like an all star--both he and pierce carry a crp team--they have way to many yooots--they needed to rebuild, and if they come to the conclusion that yes we will do it, the NY Knicks have the ending contracts to get them well-under the cap and also lets them tank the season so they can get that high pick they crave. OR they could be the team that shoves out yoots for vets--i would if i was them--but i dont think ainge wants to do that.

ehh, Im not too high on ricky davis. I dont dislike as much as fishmike seems to but I agree with fish to a certain extend. Im tired of the knicks trading for players with question marks, for once I'd like for their to be a trade that makes sense, ricky davis is an explosive interesting prospect but Im turned off by his attitude.
boomann
USA
11/29/2005  1:15 PM
lifetime stats of q-rich and craw dont agree with you.

What? Explain yourself
BRIGGS
11/29/2005  1:16 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:

We could trade anyone on this team not drafted by us, with the possible exception of Curry, and I'd shed not a tear from these jaded eyes.

To me, there comes a time you have to establish a core foundation and stick with it for the long haul. From my perspective that core is Frye Curry and marbury. You have to have that. We have to realize through watching the games that we are drastically inconsistent---that we cannot have q and craw as 30 mi players--we need more consistent guys--we need a SF a better G another big guy--so on.
RIP Crushalot😞
SlimPack
USA
11/29/2005  1:18 PM
Posted by boomann:

I said they give contracts off potential and production but they don't have a way to measure a person's heart and Marbury got his contract because he produces statistically.

exactly clearly marbury's current contract was a mistake. and we should get rid of it asap, well thats how I fell anyway.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2005  1:20 PM
why would the 9-5 Memphis Grizzlies who just went out and brought in vets to win--trade mike miller for ending contracts--thats not real, thats not happening
have you seen their moves last offseason? They have a bit of a jam at the 3, it gives them financial flexibility and they still come away with a guy like Ariza or Lee or Butler. They lose nothing in Wright/Davis.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Except for Marbury Curry and Frye--Isiah should just unload on a secondary rebuild

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy