[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford needs to get his head out of his ass
Author Thread
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/30/2005  2:47 PM
My only problem with Jamal in the past was his questionable shot selection and his reluctance to play D. I've watched him since he played for the Wolverines and he has skills to excel in this league. I just don't think he has ever been properly coached. This is the first real challenge that he has had from a coach demanding him to play the right way. Once he gets a good feel for how Larry wants him to play I think he'll be ready to excel. He has too many skills for him to contiue to play mediocre ball
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2005  4:21 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by joec32033:

His game is totally different this year, stats may not reflect the improvement but his game is MUCH more efficient than last year. He is learning and right now we can't ask for more.

It is more efficient in that he is taking less shots and making a higher percentage. It is less productive in that he is scoring about 5 less points per game. Our second option cannot score 12 ppg if we are going to win. That is my point, bottom line. Efficiency is one thing, production is another. Consistancy is the icing on the cake. We need all three, not one or the other. At this point Frye is more efficient and productive than him. Crawford was brought here as a replacement for H20, and counterpart to Steph. He is not fulfilling his role and that is my main point. Maybe you and other guys are happy with him so far, but how I see it, whatever he is doing is not enough, imo.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 11-30-2005 1:24 PM]

Dumb premise by Isiah. Crawford wasn't a very good 2 guard in Chicago, why would he be any better in NY?

and before you say well he avg'd 17, look at the amount of shots he put up especially from 3. 39% streak shooter who is undersized for the 2 and plays 0 defense was not the perfect compliment to a non-physical zero defense playing Marbury?

[Edited by - McK1 on 11-30-2005 2:05 PM]

non physical?
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
11/30/2005  4:49 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

It is more efficient in that he is taking less shots and making a higher percentage. It is less productive in that he is scoring about 5 less points per game. Our second option cannot score 12 ppg if we are going to win. That is my point, bottom line. Efficiency is one thing, production is another. Consistancy is the icing on the cake. We need all three, not one or the other. At this point Frye is more efficient and productive than him. Crawford was brought here as a replacement for H20, and counterpart to Steph. He is not fulfilling his role and that is my main point. Maybe you and other guys are happy with him so far, but how I see it, whatever he is doing is not enough, imo.

yeah but Jamal crawford isn't the reason the knicks are losing games. I still think that he is just in a transition phase and will be playing much better once he stops walking on egg shells and finds it more natural to play larry brown's way. or he could just end up being a waste and getting traded for a pure PG
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2005  4:55 PM
yeah but Jamal crawford isn't the reason the knicks are losing games.
So you really think we'd still be 4-9 if Jamal was playing to his potential (which given his speed, athleticism, and ball-handling is really high IMO)? I don't give all the blame to Jamal, but he's part of the reason we're losing IMO.
Killa4luv
USA
11/30/2005  5:06 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
yeah but Jamal crawford isn't the reason the knicks are losing games.
So you really think we'd still be 4-9 if Jamal was playing to his potential (which given his speed, athleticism, and ball-handling is really high IMO)? I don't give all the blame to Jamal, but he's part of the reason we're losing IMO.

absolutely. Even if he gave us the 17 ppg from last year, I think we'd have won a few games. How could you think otherwise?
SlimPack
USA
11/30/2005  5:31 PM
I suppose you could say he is a part but if so an extremely small part. the knicks in general are not playing to their potential why single out crawford?
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/30/2005  5:38 PM
I suppose you could say he is a part but if so an extremely small part. the knicks in general are not playing to their potential why single out crawford?

I know what the problem is. Jerome James hasn't suited up yet. We need the long arm of Big Game to righten up our sinking ship.
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
Killa4luv
USA
Posted by SlimPack:

not a small part, a big part. He should be the 2nd option on this team, he's underachieving so he is a big part of our losing.

Im not dumping on him, I just want him to play close to his potential, because it is making us lose.
Bonn1997
USA
Posted by SlimPack:

I'd say much more than an extremely small part. He has every physical skill you'd need to average per 40 min #s of 22 Pts, 6 assists, 6 rbs, 6 FTAs, and 46% shooting. I don't mean to single him out; if people start threads on other Knicks, I'll give my opinions on those players to. But I do have very high expectations for Crawford because he has so many gifted skills and I have been disappointed in his performance as a Knicks from last and this year.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-30-2005 5:40 PM]
SlimPack
USA
11/30/2005  7:10 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'd say much more than an extremely small part. He has every physical skill you'd need to average per 40 min #s of 22 Pts, 6 assists, 6 rbs, 6 FTAs, and 46% shooting. I don't mean to single him out; if people start threads on other Knicks, I'll give my opinions on those players to. But I do have very high expectations for Crawford because he has so many gifted skills and I have been disappointed in his performance as a Knicks from last and this year.

again, these things are a result of larry brown's rigid offense not Jamal Crawford. you really think that the knicks are losing becuase crawfords is scoring less? with that logic one could also say that the knicks are losing becuase of marbury, after all Our first option cannot score only 17 ppg if we are going to win, and his assists are down too, so why not blame him?. or, you know what? now that I think about it Malik Rose is the reason the knicks are losing, just look at the stats. last season he averaged 8.3 ppg whereas this season he is only averaging 4.2ppg. and how can we win games if one of our first guys off the bench only scores 4.2 right? or better yet, why not blame the losses on maurice taylor? afterall last season he was averaging 6.5 ppg and now is only averaging 4.3, surely his dropp off is a factor. look the reason the knicks are losing is becuase ALL of the knicks haven't been able to play as well as they did before cuase brown instituted a new philosophy on offense, a drop in their numbers is no reason to single any one of them out as being the reason that the knicks are losing.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-30-2005 7:13 PM]
McK1
Member: #964
11/30/2005  7:58 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by joec32033:

His game is totally different this year, stats may not reflect the improvement but his game is MUCH more efficient than last year. He is learning and right now we can't ask for more.

Dumb premise by Isiah. Crawford wasn't a very good 2 guard in Chicago, why would he be any better in NY?

and before you say well he avg'd 17, look at the amount of shots he put up especially from 3. 39% streak shooter who is undersized for the 2 and plays 0 defense was not the perfect compliment to a non-physical zero defense playing Marbury?

[Edited by - McK1 on 11-30-2005 2:05 PM]

non physical?

Mrbury is a physical defender? Funny he ever picks anyone up full-court, bodies them in the half, battle for balls in the air, ties people up...

this season he is doing a good job holding position in the post. I guess all those other things will come. He has 3 more years left on the albatross.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2005  10:09 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by Bonn1997:

again, these things are a result of larry brown's rigid offense not Jamal Crawford. you really think that the knicks are losing becuase crawfords is scoring less? with that logic one could also say that the knicks are losing becuase of marbury, after all Our first option cannot score only 17 ppg if we are going to win, and his assists are down too, so why not blame him?. or, you know what? now that I think about it Malik Rose is the reason the knicks are losing, just look at the stats. last season he averaged 8.3 ppg whereas this season he is only averaging 4.2ppg. and how can we win games if one of our first guys off the bench only scores 4.2 right? or better yet, why not blame the losses on maurice taylor? afterall last season he was averaging 6.5 ppg and now is only averaging 4.3, surely his dropp off is a factor. look the reason the knicks are losing is becuase ALL of the knicks haven't been able to play as well as they did before cuase brown instituted a new philosophy on offense, a drop in their numbers is no reason to single any one of them out as being the reason that the knicks are losing.
[Edited by - slimpack on 11-30-2005 7:13 PM]
I'm not singling Jamal out for the drop in his numbers this year; I'm singling him out for playing below his potential in all phases of the game for his entire six year career. Yes, he had a great game tonight, but I wasn't basing my post on any one game or even any one season but rather his entire career. By no means have I given up on Jamal, but his career has been a big disappointment so far.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-30-2005 10:09 PM]
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/30/2005  10:10 PM
Killa - Jamal rocks

He's only 24 and learning

Of course you mastered YOUR chosen profession at 24 right?
once a knick always a knick
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/30/2005  10:14 PM
Mission accomplished. He, more than anyone, is improving under Larry.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/30/2005  10:16 PM
Note the mayurity in his interviews

Don't be so fast to throw an improving Yoot under the bus

Idiots
once a knick always a knick
Killa4luv
USA
11/30/2005  10:17 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

Mission accomplished. He, more than anyone, is improving under Larry.

He more than anyone needed to. Great game and that is what I am talking about. This game he showed what he could do. 13 points a game is not gonna do it for us. He played a great all around game tonight, and I'd love to see it happen more often. This is his first great all around game this season. I am not ready to pronounce his head officially out of his ass yet though. Lets see him against Rip on friday.
rojasmas
Member: #639
11/30/2005  10:17 PM
He must have heard you!
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2005  10:18 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Killa - Jamal rocks

Jamal's 25 and in his sixth season. Most NBA players don't turn disappointing careers around when they're that far into their careers, but it does happen occasionally.

SlimPack
USA
11/30/2005  10:24 PM
well i will admit that craw has been somewhat dissapointing. hopefully his play can become more constistently good. he played well tonight but hes played this well before and then played mediocre the next game. I think he is improving though, so i wouldnt give up on him just yet. but I will if he is the same player by next season's trading deadline.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
11/30/2005  10:49 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by misterearl:

Killa - Jamal rocks

Jamal's 25 and in his sixth season. Most NBA players don't turn disappointing careers around when they're that far into their careers, but it does happen occasionally.

WRONG!!!

Larry Hughes had his breakoutyear last yearand he was 26...and Jamal can develop into a larry hughes type player
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Crawford needs to get his head out of his ass

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy