[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #285
Reunion Island
7/8/2002  11:01 PM
This is an idea that the knicks should consider. They should think about trading Ward, an experienced player along with Sprewell and Mcdeyess for Kenyon Martin and Jason Kidd. Although i dont like Kidd this would give them last years Nets and a good chance to win. Plus they would still have Houston to kick out to but would need the precense of a center still.
erger
AUTOADVERT
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/8/2002  11:06 PM
Posted by 212:

This is an idea that the knicks should consider. They should think about trading Ward, an experienced player along with Sprewell and Mcdeyess for Kenyon Martin and Jason Kidd. Although i dont like Kidd this would give them last years Nets and a good chance to win. Plus they would still have Houston to kick out to but would need the precense of a center still.
Are you kidding?? There is NO WAY the Nets would give up Kidd and Martin, their best players (this is a team that got to the finals) for an aging spree, an injured mcdyess, and a useless ward. NO WAY. Plus, the salaries dont match up
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/8/2002  11:08 PM
Ha, that is funny. I'd love that, but that's not happening.
#Knickstaps
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/8/2002  11:11 PM
212, were you smokin something before you wrote this trade proposal??? that will never happen in our lifetime. And if it did, wouldn't work salary cap wise>>>>>
The Future. GO KNICKS!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/8/2002  11:20 PM
right, bong me.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VG
Member: #68
Australia
7/8/2002  11:31 PM
Knicks are giving about $30 mill in salaries and are getting less than $15 mill back. The trade doesn't work cap-wise and the Nets wouldn't do it anyway...
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/9/2002  6:15 AM
Mmmmh... sounds like the brain surgery you had last summer wasn`t as successfully as your parents prayed for. Makes me kinda sad. Go NY GO NY GO
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
dmeesq
Member: #124
7/9/2002  11:48 AM
A better trade, which is more realistic once the BYC issues can be eliminated, is to trade Weatherspoon (3 years) and Eisley (5) years for Van Horn (4) years. Knicks get a big SF and get rid of Eisley's ridiculous contract, and Spoon never quite seemed to fit in with the Knicks style of play. Allows Spree to play 15 minutes at SF and 15-20 minutes at SG.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/9/2002  11:51 AM
Posted by dmeesq:

A better trade, which is more realistic once the BYC issues can be eliminated, is to trade Weatherspoon (3 years) and Eisley (5) years for Van Horn (4) years. Knicks get a big SF and get rid of Eisley's ridiculous contract, and Spoon never quite seemed to fit in with the Knicks style of play. Allows Spree to play 15 minutes at SF and 15-20 minutes at SG.
that's a great trade i'd say. or even better - shandon anderson and eisley for van horn!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/9/2002  1:24 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by dmeesq:

that's a great trade i'd say. or even better - shandon anderson and eisley for van horn!

The Spoon and Eisley trade idea is interesting, but it still favors NY a little. NJ gets rid of a long contract and a player that doesn't seem to fit in and gets a backup point guard and a SF who can bang and rebound. NY gets a true small forward and another big contract, but gets rid of Eisley and his deal. I would do this if I were NY, but NJ gets a bit smaller and takes on a lot for a backup.

I don't think NJ needs Anderson - they already have Jefferson and Kittles and Harris.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
7/9/2002  1:59 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by dmeesq:

The Spoon and Eisley trade idea is interesting, but it still favors NY a little. NJ gets rid of a long contract and a player that doesn't seem to fit in and gets a backup point guard and a SF who can bang and rebound. NY gets a true small forward and another big contract, but gets rid of Eisley and his deal. I would do this if I were NY, but NJ gets a bit smaller and takes on a lot for a backup.

I don't think NJ needs Anderson - they already have Jefferson and Kittles and Harris.
true. imagine van horn coming off our bench...
nwny
Member: #284
7/9/2002  4:09 PM
I keep reading that NJ wants to get rid of Van Horn because of his contract and he doesn’t fit in to their new system. What system is that? Winning games? NJ is still thinking like the old NJ. Van Horn is second in points, #1 in rebounds (from the SF spot no-less). Is he worth 12 mil per. No. But where else are you going to get points, rebounds and assists from the SF spot. Tracy McGardy is not on the next bus to NJ. If they loose Van Horn, it’s going to get very crowed for K-Mart down on the low blocks without someone who can stretch the defense with his three point shooting. Lots of players can shot three’s, but very few players can play and inside outside game and give you 7.5 rebounds per game. Most of the centers the Knicks are trying to acquire don’t average that many rebounds. I’ll take Van Horn for Spoon, Eisley, and Anderson. NJ may feel they are getting a better deal, but when they barely make the playoff’s, and get eliminated in the first round next season, there’s no way Jason Kid stays. Then they go back to their old losing ways.
Caseloads
7/9/2002  4:45 PM
Posted by nwny:

I keep reading that NJ wants to get rid of Van Horn because of his contract and he doesn’t fit in to their new system. What system is that? Winning games? NJ is still thinking like the old NJ. Van Horn is second in points, #1 in rebounds (from the SF spot no-less). Is he worth 12 mil per. No. But where else are you going to get points, rebounds and assists from the SF spot. Tracy McGardy is not on the next bus to NJ. If they loose Van Horn, it’s going to get very crowed for K-Mart down on the low blocks without someone who can stretch the defense with his three point shooting. Lots of players can shot three’s, but very few players can play and inside outside game and give you 7.5 rebounds per game. Most of the centers the Knicks are trying to acquire don’t average that many rebounds. I’ll take Van Horn for Spoon, Eisley, and Anderson. NJ may feel they are getting a better deal, but when they barely make the playoff’s, and get eliminated in the first round next season, there’s no way Jason Kid stays. Then they go back to their old losing ways.
exactly, i'll take van horn too.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy