[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'm rolling my eyes at Turkan
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/8/2002  11:09 AM
He's blaming his lack of playing time on JVG.
I don't have any chance to show myself. This is a mistake of (Jeff) Van Gundy. I never had a chance to play in the NBA. I want to come back.

And what is his excuse for not playing under George Karl when he was in Milwaukee? I wonder if he is spouting off in the Milwaukee papers about Karl.....no wait Geaorge Karl doesn't hold back and would rip him apart if he did that. How about being honest and syaing you were not ready at the time, and that is why you didn't stick in the NBA.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/8/2002  1:00 PM
Posted by Andrew:

He's blaming his lack of playing time on JVG.
I don't have any chance to show myself. This is a mistake of (Jeff) Van Gundy. I never had a chance to play in the NBA. I want to come back.

And what is his excuse for not playing under George Karl when he was in Milwaukee? I wonder if he is spouting off in the Milwaukee papers about Karl.....no wait Geaorge Karl doesn't hold back and would rip him apart if he did that. How about being honest and syaing you were not ready at the time, and that is why you didn't stick in the NBA.

Turkcan is right. How many rookies has Gundy ever developed into good players. Gundy never gave anyone a chance to grow and develop he would shoot a rookie down before he got a chance to prove himself. As far as Karl is concerned he is a moody coach that can spoil a good team and make them mediocre. If he goes back as the coach of the Bucks the Bucks are going to suck in a big way even with that talent. The problem with Turkcan is he always played for a team that was loaded so he never got a chance to break into the game and get minutes.
Dan1078
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #283
7/8/2002  1:15 PM
Stop bashing Van Gundy for not playing rookies. Mirsad Turkan??
Are you kidding me? The guy was a 12th man. He was basically on the team for comic relief.
Andrew
USA
7/8/2002  1:46 PM
How many rookies that JVG had have gone on to be solid contributors with other NBA teams?

...and VMart you are contradicting yourself by saying that Turkkan didn't develop because he was always on talent loaded teams. Which was it...JVG is a bad developer, or talent loaded teams doomed Turkan? I'll agree with the talent loaded teams arguement. The Knicks were in championship runs those years and had no playing time for the 12th man. You have to wonder with twenty some other teams out there that have passed on picking Turkan up.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Vmart
USA
7/8/2002  2:37 PM
Posted by Andrew:

How many rookies that JVG had have gone on to be solid contributors with other NBA teams?

...and VMart you are contradicting yourself by saying that Turkkan didn't develop because he was always on talent loaded teams. Which was it...JVG is a bad developer, or talent loaded teams doomed Turkan? I'll agree with the talent loaded teams arguement. The Knicks were in championship runs those years and had no playing time for the 12th man. You have to wonder with twenty some other teams out there that have passed on picking Turkan up.
I'm not a Turkcan fan but I saw him play for the Knicks and he showed that he might have developed into a good player in the NBA. The fact is JVG didn't develop talent that was a flaw in his coaching ability. I like JVG but the fact still is that he never developed talent. Postell is a great example of JVG's lack of developmental skills. Postell showed that he has skills to be a contributor on the Knicks after JVG left.

Don't get me wrong JVG is a good coach with veterans but ask him to develop talent and he will leave you high and dry.
Andrew
USA
7/8/2002  3:36 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Postell is a great example of JVG's lack of developmental skills. Postell showed that he has skills to be a contributor on the Knicks after JVG left.

I think I would say that Postell showed some skills after the Knicks fell far out of playoff contention (something that never happened under JVG). Chaney didn't play him at all early in the season. The lack of development falls more on the organization than the coach...as seen in the recent and past drafts by trading away picks.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
7/8/2002  3:37 PM
VG likes to see players prove their worth in practice before giving them big PT. He did it with every rookie (ok, he gave Wallace some decent minutes)...he even did it with Spree and Camby when they first got here. He made them come off the bench and work their rear ends off in practice and I think that worked out well because when it came to the playoffs, they were raring to go and they took us to the finals.

As for Tukcan...this guy is a joke. Isola said it all: "He is not strong enough to play power forward or quick enough to play small forward."
We suck.
Vmart
USA
7/9/2002  11:30 AM
Posted by MCfan23:

VG likes to see players prove their worth in practice before giving them big PT. He did it with every rookie (ok, he gave Wallace some decent minutes)...he even did it with Spree and Camby when they first got here. He made them come off the bench and work their rear ends off in practice and I think that worked out well because when it came to the playoffs, they were raring to go and they took us to the finals.

As for Tukcan...this guy is a joke. Isola said it all: "He is not strong enough to play power forward or quick enough to play small forward."

You would say the same thing about Hedo Turkaglu. If he was on the Knicks you would say the samething about him he is a joke but he has the same talent that Turkcan had. Hedo got a shot with the Kings cause they know how to develop players they find ways to give them minutes.

The more I think about it I'm really glad JVG is gone. His wrestling type of basketball was getting old and stale.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/9/2002  11:48 AM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by MCfan23:

You would say the same thing about Hedo Turkaglu. If he was on the Knicks you would say the samething about him he is a joke but he has the same talent that Turkcan had. Hedo got a shot with the Kings cause they know how to develop players they find ways to give them minutes.

The more I think about it I'm really glad JVG is gone. His wrestling type of basketball was getting old and stale.
true about turkan - and the knicks not developing anyone. in the nba, it's as much about confidence and development as it is potential.

look at shaq - he never took his LA teams anywhere until phil gave him some confidence.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/9/2002  1:15 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by MCfan23:

true about turkan - and the knicks not developing anyone. in the nba, it's as much about confidence and development as it is potential.

look at shaq - he never took his LA teams anywhere until phil gave him some confidence.

also witness Doug Christie, except for the last 1 and a half games, the guy has turned out pretty good after languishing on the Knicks' bench for a season or so.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/9/2002  1:58 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by MCfan23:

also witness Doug Christie, except for the last 1 and a half games, the guy has turn out pretty good after languishing on the Knicks' bench for a season or so.
we've let alot of players get away over the years...
thomasdice
Member: #256
USA
7/9/2002  6:12 PM
why is this argument even occurring?
turkcan blows.
he'll get signed to a couple of 10-day contracts like matt fish or ride some bench.

i'd rather have scott brooks back.
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
I'm rolling my eyes at Turkan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy