Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/30/2005  3:10 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by boomann:
I thought bynum played as good as any rookie I have seen this year,

Have you even seen Frye play?

every game and hes been very good. but he will never be 7-2 275+ -- he wont have the same abilities to rebound block/alter shots and be physically able to manhandle people on the block with sheer power

You can say the same thing about Tim Duncan but I think I would rather have Duncan than Bynum. I admire your loyalty to staying true to your views, but I think you are missing something with Frye. I not only see the obvious physical skills that Frye has but his demeanor and IQ is what gets me excited about the upcoming NY Knickerbocker decade.

has nothing to do with frye, frye is going to be a great player to--theyre differentypes of players. bynum is going to be an interior power player--frye is more of a mobile lengthy pF with an elite jumpshot and what should be a very solid jump hook
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/1/2005  2:35 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I can't believe they booed an 18 year old rookie, thats unbelievable.
Yeah, it's really stupid. Did they NOT realize that he's a long-term project?

At the Knick/Philly game on Sunday, during one of the timeouts, they chose a fan from the seats to answer a couple of trivia questions about the bball players (It was something like "What was Davis's favorite cartoon) yada yada. The fan was 14 years old, must have been nervous out of his shoes, and he answered him wrong, and what do the garden fans do? They booed him. I was almost tempted to shout out "Nice job booing a 14 year old, idiots!"
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
12/1/2005  2:42 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by boomann:
I thought bynum played as good as any rookie I have seen this year,

Have you even seen Frye play?

every game and hes been very good. but he will never be 7-2 275+ -- he wont have the same abilities to rebound block/alter shots and be physically able to manhandle people on the block with sheer power

You can say the same thing about Tim Duncan but I think I would rather have Duncan than Bynum. I admire your loyalty to staying true to your views, but I think you are missing something with Frye. I not only see the obvious physical skills that Frye has but his demeanor and IQ is what gets me excited about the upcoming NY Knickerbocker decade.

has nothing to do with frye, frye is going to be a great player to--theyre differentypes of players. bynum is going to be an interior power player--frye is more of a mobile lengthy pF with an elite jumpshot and what should be a very solid jump hook

but what's a better combination? Frye and Curry (high post/low post)? or Bynum and Curry (low post/low post). I like the team Isiah is putting together, sometimes it's more important to get the right piece than to get the best player. I still say Frye was the right pick for this squad because he can obviously start right now and he could average 20ppg next season, while Marbury and Craw are still in their prime. Bynum won't hit 20ppg or be a quality starter for at least three years, at which point Marbury is 32 and you have to build all over again around Bynum. Bynum will most likely have a very good career. Frye has already entered the very good phase of his career.
¿ △ ?
TheSage
Member: #386
12/1/2005  9:17 AM
Sometimes sheer physical ability doesn't translate into a great bb player-can anyone say Darryl Dawkins, Johnny Green, Tim Thomas, Dave Stallworth, Stromile Swift, Marcus Fizer, Joe Smith, Shaqwn Bradley, Billy Ownens, Luc Longley, Pervis Ellison, Armand Gilliam, chris Washburn, Kenny "Sky" Walker, Wayman Tisdale, Benoit Benjamin and on and on. I don't care if a a young man is 8' tall, can jump through the ceiling, run like the wind-if he can't dribble, pass, shoot, defend, think or a reasonable combination of a few of the foregoing he is not going to be a top player. Maybe Byrum will be a fine or even a great player-that we MAY know in about 4 years but I would rather have Frye who is a player-at least good but likely far better than good and enjoy some victories for the next four years and beyond.
Ira
Member: #91
12/1/2005  9:56 AM
Bynum has more than physical ability. He's smart and has a good touch.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/1/2005  10:20 AM
Bynum has a long way to go before anything can definitively be said about him. Hes really tall and long about sums it up at this point.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2005  10:23 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Bynum has a long way to go before anything can definitively be said about him. Hes really tall and long about sums it up at this point.

Yup; and probably only a very tiny percentage of the 7' footers with Bynum's body that have come around over the years actually turn out to be better players by age 22 than Frye is right now.
Bogut vs. Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy