Bogut vs. Frye
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/27/2005  12:17 PM
Its crazy to do this so early.

I would did it if Frye won ROY but lets see these dudes at age 25 when they are fully developed and into their roles. Bogut might be more of a power forward and they might want him working on some facets of his game rather than just go out and pile on stats.

Comps to sheed might be viable. We comparing 32 year old Rashweed to 22 yr old FRYE? Or them at the same age?

Obviously we need to wait 10 years to do real comps, but I'll put my money and faith in the mature with composure young FRYE than the stoner sbumblehead moron that was the Wizard/Jailblazer his first 10 years in the league!

AUTOADVERT
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
11/27/2005  12:51 PM
Frye will be a good player, he can hit the midrange shot and his rebounding has improved. I only saw Bogut play 3-4 times this year and in the game against Indiana, jermaine was having his way with him.

Frye needs to improve his defensive positioning and his boxing out. Also when Frye was in college he had the ability to shoot 3's on a consistent basis.His postup moves are getting there but he needs to polish up on them.

The best thing i like about Frye is that he's so fundamentally sound.
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/27/2005  12:59 PM
The best thing i like about Frye is that he's so fundamentally sound.

That's what I like about him, and he doesn't exactly have bricks on his feet. The guy can move. What I liked about yesterdays game was that when he was setting picks, there had to have been at least 10 occasions when he freed up Nate, Marbury and/or Jamal for an open drive or jump shot. He was quietly the biggest reason we won that game yesterday.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2005  11:13 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

[quote]Posted by nyballer:

Frye will look really nice next to Curry for the next few years, but if we didn't get Curry, I would've taken Bogut because he is more of a low-post player and a better rebounder/shotblocker, even if his stats don't reflect it yet.

that's why I didn't like that trade for Magloire for them: it slows Boguts development too much. that team is going nowhere without Bogut being a major contributor. Also, Milwaukee might not make the playoffs, the East is tight and has 10 or 11 teams who could make the playoffs. If they miss the playoffs, to my knowledge, that lotto pick still goes to New Orleans.

You are on to something there. Bogut deserves to play 35-40 minutes like he did tonight. Its not so much about trading for Magliore[who is over rated anyway] but when Joe Smith came back--they inserted him into the SL--Bogut to the bench and Gadzuric--who they just gave 35mm to nothing. Smith's knees went bonkers again--bogut moved back to PF--gets his 40 minutes and does 19-14-2. Bogut is much more Duncan esque than Frye IMHO. Frye has his own style --a superior type offensive game--he just needs to continue to move closer to the basket to look for easy one's to balance off with his jumpshot--which will lead him to more rebounding. Even Bynum has shown what he can do with more PT the last couple of games--im sure Laker fans were thrilled tonight when he played Tim Duncan rather well indeed.
RIP Crushalot😞
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/29/2005  11:19 PM
So. because Frye has an 18 ft jumper, he is not the traditional low post player? Just watching is moves, he seems to have better low post action than anyone I have seen at his age. He does not have Curry's raw power, but I think Frye has better all-around game than either Bogut, Villanueva, Curry or any other 22 year old big bodied player.

Pass me the koolaid to go with my Fryes.
This is the Randle.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/29/2005  11:43 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:

Frye will look really nice next to Curry for the next few years, but if we didn't get Curry, I would've taken Bogut because he is more of a low-post player and a better rebounder/shotblocker, even if his stats don't reflect it yet.

that's why I didn't like that trade for Magloire for them: it slows Boguts development too much. that team is going nowhere without Bogut being a major contributor. Also, Milwaukee might not make the playoffs, the East is tight and has 10 or 11 teams who could make the playoffs. If they miss the playoffs, to my knowledge, that lotto pick still goes to New Orleans.

You are on to something there. Bogut deserves to play 35-40 minutes like he did tonight. Its not so much about trading for Magliore[who is over rated anyway] but when Joe Smith came back--they inserted him into the SL--Bogut to the bench and Gadzuric--who they just gave 35mm to nothing. Smith's knees went bonkers again--bogut moved back to PF--gets his 40 minutes and does 19-14-2. Bogut is much more Duncan esque than Frye IMHO. Frye has his own style --a superior type offensive game--he just needs to continue to move closer to the basket to look for easy one's to balance off with his jumpshot--which will lead him to more rebounding. Even Bynum has shown what he can do with more PT the last couple of games--im sure Laker fans were thrilled tonight when he played Tim Duncan rather well indeed.

man, I would have loved to see Bogut going up against Dampier and Dirk tonight.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/30/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:

I saw most of that game, he was decent, but of course couldn't guard dirk, but who can, but he did have the block on terry to save the game, I mean terry went right into boguts hands.. it was weird, should of pulled up for a jumper... One thing about bogut I noticed is that he doesn't really post up or has a low post game, he seems like he hangs around for offensive boards and things like that, at least that is what it seemed like tonight..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
11/30/2005  8:15 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by crzymdups:

I flicked it back a couple of times, but I watched uconn and spurs lakers. I saw bogut get and 1 and a couple of rebounds, but that was the extent. I saw his block on SC at the end of the game. I think the Bucks will realize that he needs 40 minutes or close[like Frye too] to it just for the rebounding. If he plays 40 minutes, he will average among the top 10 or so in the league. Id have to say right now Dwight Howard is the best rebounder--or atleast will be the best at the end of the year.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/30/2005  10:51 AM
Thirty-three days beyond his 18th birthday and three minutes into the second quarter of Tuesday's Spurs-Los Angeles game, Lakers rookie center Andrew Bynum realized he was about to match up against his boyhood idol.

"I was a little nervous when I first got out there," Bynum admitted after the Spurs had blunted a late Lakers' rally for a 90-84 victory, "because he's my favorite player."

There was no need to ask which of the Spurs the Lakers' rookie had idolized since he was old enough to operate the remote control.

"Tim Duncan," Bynum said, "is so fundamentally sound. He does everything correctly. If I pattern my game after him and do everything right I'll be all right."

Duncan, who discovered that an 18-year-old who is 7-feet tall and 275 pounds can make life difficult in the lane, even if he is the youngest player ever to suit up in an NBA game, wasn't sure how to take such flattery.

"That's bad," Duncan said. "That means I'm getting old."

Bynum, the 10th pick in the first round of the 2005 draft, is so unaccustomed to life in the NBA that he forgot to take out his protective mouthpiece after the game. It wasn't until he began answering reporters' questions that he realized it was still in place on his upper gum.

"Sorry about that," he told the reporters after realizing his first utterance had been unintelligible and reached up to remove the mouthpiece.

Bynum didn't have to apologize for his play against Duncan and the rest of the Spurs' big men. In his 21 minutes he grabbed six rebounds, scored six points and blocked two shots, including one of Duncan's. He also back-rimmed a dunk attempt against Duncan, a fact he said precluded him from phoning home, to Plainsboro, N.J., to crow a bit about his performance against the two-time MVP.

"If I hadn't missed that dunk," he said, "well, yeah, I would have (phoned home)."

Missed dunk notwithstanding, Bynum was reasonably happy with his play against Duncan.

"I think I did all right," he said. "I had to guard him a couple of times and he didn't score, so that's all right."

Duncan agreed.

"Good young player," Duncan said. "He's got a big body and it looks like he's got great coordination. He moves his feet really well and made a couple of good moves in there. He's got a lot of promise."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson hasn't made a habit of giving significant playing time to rookies during his coaching career, but with this season's Lakers he has had little choice but to give Bynum a good run. And after Tuesday's performance, he has concluded Bynum needs to continue to get meaningful playing time.

"That's what Andrew can do," Jackson said. "He can play the game in a way that changes opponents' shots and he does things effectively out there that are important. He's a rebounder, and Lamar (Odom) found him for a couple of easy baskets. Those things are good. Right now he's playing at a level where he has to play some minutes for us to be an effective team."

His ability to survive against his boyhood idol did nothing but bolster Bynum's confidence.

"I'm settling in, getting a little more confident as the game goes on," Bynum said. "The more my confidence grows, the bigger minutes I may be able to get. I believe I can do a little bit more as soon as I get the offense totally understood and know exactly what to do."
RIP Crushalot😞
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/30/2005  11:01 AM
hey briggs, what does this post have to do with bogut and frye?

I'm getting sick of these mindless posts.
all kool aid all the time.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
11/30/2005  11:04 AM
Didn't Frye have like 19 points against Duncan in the pre-season with limited minutes and dunk on him twice. I guess the only point is that rookies can take it to Duncan. The HOF Bynum will need to improve.

Only kidding, nice to hear that he is bouncing back from that Bulls game, where he was booed.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2005  11:07 AM
now THATS funny
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2005  1:13 PM
I can't believe they booed an 18 year old rookie, thats unbelievable.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
11/30/2005  1:23 PM
Bynum got booed?
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Yeah, it's really stupid. Did they NOT realize that he's a long-term project?
Knight
Member: #968
11/30/2005  1:32 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Killa4luv:

They don't want long term projects, that's probably why they booed.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
BRIGGS
11/30/2005  2:35 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Killa4luv:

They don't want long term projects, that's probably why they booed.

i dont know who was booing whom, i didnt hear 1 boo--lA fans love him and this game was in SA. i watched the entire game from end to end. I thought bynum played as good as any rookie I have seen this year, and for the second game in a row missed dunking in the grills of Duncan and Kristic by inches--he gave tim duncan significant trouble operating and stuffed up the lane, and when he came in the Lakers went on a huge run to get back into the game. there is no doubt about it, this guy is going to be a superstar read that article slowly and heed the words of duncan and phil jackson
RIP Crushalot😞
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
11/30/2005  2:38 PM
I thought bynum played as good as any rookie I have seen this year,

Have you even seen Frye play?
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
BRIGGS
11/30/2005  3:01 PM
Posted by boomann:

every game and hes been very good. but he will never be 7-2 275+ -- he wont have the same abilities to rebound block/alter shots and be physically able to manhandle people on the block with sheer power
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/30/2005  3:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by boomann:

every game and hes been very good. but he will never be 7-2 275+ -- he wont have the same abilities to rebound block/alter shots and be physically able to manhandle people on the block with sheer power

You can say the same thing about Tim Duncan but I think I would rather have Duncan than Bynum. I admire your loyalty to staying true to your views, but I think you are missing something with Frye. I not only see the obvious physical skills that Frye has but his demeanor and IQ is what gets me excited about the upcoming NY Knickerbocker decade.
Bogut vs. Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy