Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/7/2002  8:13 PM
From the Sunday Daily New:
This is what I hear about Antonio McDyess from league guys I trust completely:

He is absolutely a bear in the low blocks.

He is a good guy.

He has a habit of being a go-to guy for the first three quarters and not the last one.

And you know what the biggest knock against him is?

He was playing with Jason Kidd in Phoenix and voluntarily left to go back to Denver.

There you go.

When I know these things, you know these things.

One more thing: Everybody I talked to said the Knicks would have been nuts not to take McDyess.

My sentiments exactly.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/7/2002  9:21 PM
Whopee, now the Knicks have two guys (McDyess and Houston) that'll make the All-1st Half Team. A lot will ride on Spree's ability to score in the 4th.
#Knickstaps
scylla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #97
7/7/2002  10:07 PM
Posted by martin:

From the Sunday Daily New:
This is what I hear about Antonio McDyess from league guys I trust completely:

He is absolutely a bear in the low blocks.

He is a good guy.

He has a habit of being a go-to guy for the first three quarters and not the last one.

And you know what the biggest knock against him is?

He was playing with Jason Kidd in Phoenix and voluntarily left to go back to Denver.

There you go.

When I know these things, you know these things.

One more thing: Everybody I talked to said the Knicks would have been nuts not to take McDyess.

My sentiments exactly.
I've come around on the trade myself. But do Lupica's trusted league sources actually know anything that can't be gleaned from, say, watching a game or two? I'd like to know what they have to say about the knees, because they will ultimately determine how the trade is remembered.

I used to like Lupica, but he seems to have begun confusing himself with Jimmy Cannon. His whole pithy schtick--"He was a man. He was a good man. He was a good man having a bad day. He was a god man having a bad day having a..."--is getting a little threadbare, I think.
Mike Lupica says…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy