latest hoopsworld rumor
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/7/2002  1:54 PM
NOT SO CAVALIER

If you had any misconceptions about the Cavaliers, lets shore them up right now… Andre Miller IS going to be traded, and likely in July, it seems that once the new salary cap is set the LA Clippers may have agreed to a deal sending Chris Wilcox and Lamar Odom to the Cavs for Miller, Miller in turn will sign a long term extension, but NOT at Max money, hopefully sending the signal down the vine that if you want to win in LA as a Clipper, your not going to get MAX money (right Elton?)… Zydrunas Ilgauskas is available. If you’d like to make an offer the Cavs phones are open, and the asking price is ending contracts. Sources close to the Cavs confirmed long running rumor that Cleveland may be finished with Big Z and if anyone will take a chance on him, they would be agreeable to a trade (are you listening Bob Whitsitt?)… On the Free Agent front, Ricky Davis is a priority and Wes Person was moved to create the long-term space to ink him. The deal is rumored to be in the upper $6 million per season range… Someone asked John Lucas about the botched draft day deal between the Cavs and Clippers, in which John was said to have indicated he couldn’t believe how badly the Clippers hosed the Cavs, that all of the talks prior to the draft ‘required’ the Clippers to draft Caron Butler- Miami has signed Caron to the maximum contract allowable for a rookie drafted at #10.

Now the reason why I'm posting this is because of Bdiddy. He wants to go to Chicago, LA or NY.

Chicago has 2 great PG talents, Jwill and Jamal Crawford

Clippers are on the verge of trading for 'Dre and are rumored to have an agreement with Marko Jaric while Keyon Dooling is on their bench as well.

This just leaves NYC as a possible place Bdiddy wants to go to. I'm just not sure as to what viable trade there is to achieve between NO and NY. Maybe Bdiddy+? for Frank Williams, Ward and KT? I'd really like to keep Frank though but Wesley and Drew would be the only possible remaining points on their team which wouldn't be to their satisfaction I guess.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
7/7/2002  2:12 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:
NOT SO CAVALIER

If you had any misconceptions about the Cavaliers, lets shore them up right now… Andre Miller IS going to be traded, and likely in July, it seems that once the new salary cap is set the LA Clippers may have agreed to a deal sending Chris Wilcox and Lamar Odom to the Cavs for Miller, Miller in turn will sign a long term extension, but NOT at Max money, hopefully sending the signal down the vine that if you want to win in LA as a Clipper, your not going to get MAX money (right Elton?)… Zydrunas Ilgauskas is available. If you’d like to make an offer the Cavs phones are open, and the asking price is ending contracts. Sources close to the Cavs confirmed long running rumor that Cleveland may be finished with Big Z and if anyone will take a chance on him, they would be agreeable to a trade (are you listening Bob Whitsitt?)… On the Free Agent front, Ricky Davis is a priority and Wes Person was moved to create the long-term space to ink him. The deal is rumored to be in the upper $6 million per season range… Someone asked John Lucas about the botched draft day deal between the Cavs and Clippers, in which John was said to have indicated he couldn’t believe how badly the Clippers hosed the Cavs, that all of the talks prior to the draft ‘required’ the Clippers to draft Caron Butler- Miami has signed Caron to the maximum contract allowable for a rookie drafted at #10.

Now the reason why I'm posting this is because of Bdiddy. He wants to go to Chicago, LA or NY.

Clippers are on the verge of trading for 'Dre and are rumored to have an agreement with Marko Jaric while Keyon Dooling is on their bench as well.

This just leaves NYC as a possible place Bdiddy wants to go to. I'm just not sure as to what viable trade there is to achieve between NO and NY. Maybe Bdiddy+? for Frank Williams, Ward and KT? I'd really like to keep Frank though but Wesley and Drew would be the only possible remaining points on their team which wouldn't be to their satisfaction I guess.
we don't have the assets to get davis... maybe mcdyess, thomas and frank williams and a future first for davis and elden would work.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/7/2002  4:29 PM
NOT SO CAVALIER

Davis can be had for KT, Williams and two future first round picks starting with next years pick and 2005 pick.This in my opinion is a solid deal that should be looked into.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/7/2002  4:38 PM
two picks? Don't really like that but if it would mean getting a stud PG like Baron, well seeing the NYK management I'd take it and run.

If a trade with NO can't happen (Hornets decide on letting him play out his contract or something else) maybe if the clips-cavs deal goes through the NYK could grab Odom.

think about it, Cavs have their prime SF in Ricky Davis and a headache in big Z. NYK trade (after the deal with the clips is completed or in a 3way) Spree + KT for Big Z + Odom. Just a thought, don't crucify me.
Vmart
USA
7/7/2002  4:55 PM

two picks? Don't really like that but if it would mean getting a stud PG like Baron, well seeing the NYK management I'd take it and run.

If a trade with NO can't happen (Hornets decide on letting him play out his contract or something else) maybe if the clips-cavs deal goes through the NYK could grab Odom.

think about it, Cavs have their prime SF in Ricky Davis and a headache in big Z. NYK trade (after the deal with the clips is completed or in a 3way) Spree + KT for Big Z + Odom. Just a thought, don't crucify me.

Big Z is someone I don't want on the Knicks after dealing with Camby I don't want to deal with Big Z he is injury prone. As far as Odoms I think we give him to much credit he isn't all that great he is good but I wouldn't get carried away with him. I realy like the core the Knicks have right now its just a matter of taking the team into the elite level and I think the Knicks can get there by adding Davis to the mix. This way the Knicks would have a loaded starting line up that can keep with any team out there. A good defensive center that doesn't need to score much but handle the boards and block shot and NYK is right there competing on a high level with the Lakers and Kings.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
7/7/2002  7:12 PM
No way! The Knicks don't have the assets to trade for Baron, Odom...
scylla
Member: #97
7/7/2002  10:14 PM
Posted by Vmart:
NOT SO CAVALIER

Davis can be had for KT, Williams and two future first round picks starting with next years pick and 2005 pick.This in my opinion is a solid deal that should be looked into.
Is that a theory, or have you read/heard it somewhere? Seems like the Cavs kind of get hosed. It's not lke Davis has THAT much leverage. The Hornets still have all this season (next summer, too) to make him sweat and try to convince him to expand the list of teams to which he'd accept trades. Considering that there's roughly 27 teams who can offer the Hornets more than us, I can't imagine him ending up here.
scylla
Member: #97
7/7/2002  10:16 PM
Posted by scylla:
Posted by Vmart:
NOT SO CAVALIER

Is that a theory, or have you read/heard it somewhere? Seems like the Cavs kind of get hosed. It's not lke Davis has THAT much leverage. The Hornets still have all this season (next summer, too) to make him sweat and try to convince him to expand the list of teams to which he'd accept trades. Considering that there's roughly 27 teams who can offer the Hornets more than us, I can't imagine him ending up here.
I meant the Hornets get hosed, not the Cavs.
Vmart
USA
7/8/2002  10:04 AM

Rumor has it that the Knicks and Dallas are in talks about Thomas and Ward for NVE. Why not do a three team deal involving the Hornets, Dallas and the Knicks. NYK sends KT and Ward to Dallas, Hornets get NVE, Hornets send Davis to NYK, NYK sends future number 1 pick and second round pick to hornets.

Hornets: NVE and future first and second round pick.

Dallas: KT and Ward

NYK: Davis
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/8/2002  10:38 AM
Posted by Vmart:

Rumor has it that the Knicks and Dallas are in talks about Thomas and Ward for NVE. Why not do a three team deal involving the Hornets, Dallas and the Knicks. NYK sends KT and Ward to Dallas, Hornets get NVE, Hornets send Davis to NYK, NYK sends future number 1 pick and second round pick to hornets.

Hornets: NVE and future first and second round pick.

Dallas: KT and Ward

NYK: Davis

I like it. But will the Hornets? Do they really want NVE in return for davis? He has been known to be a problem in certain environments. I just don't know if they would want him. Solid idea though...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/8/2002  2:09 PM
If they could get baron davis without giving up any of the top 3 (houston, sprewell, mcdyess), that would be an absolute steal, which is why i dont think this is happening, not a great way to sell your team to a new city too.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
7/9/2002  2:23 AM
Posted by davpowerslave:

If they could get baron davis without giving up any of the top 3 (houston, sprewell, mcdyess), that would be an absolute steal, which is why i dont think this is happening, not a great way to sell your team to a new city too.

None of the three would return Davis either.
latest hoopsworld rumor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy