[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/6/2002  3:52 PM
This isn't a rumor I heard, this is just my own idea. How about trading McDyess, Ward and Sprewell to the Clippers for Odom, Wilcox, McInnis and Kandi? We get younger, the Clippers get proven players and get rid of Odom, don't lose Kandi and McInnis for nothing. And they only lose Wilcox which can't be that bad considering they already have Brand and Ely. Then we can sign Clark

Our lineup:
PG: McInnis/Williams
SG: Houston/postell
SF: Odom/Anderson
PF: Wilcox/Spoon/Harrington
C: Kandi/KT

I'm not sure if we get better in this deal, but we get younger and we are solid at every position, and we get a good center and a good point guard. I think the Clips get a good deal too, with their lineup:

PG: Dooling/Ward
SG: Spree/Q
SF: Miles/Magette
PF: Dice
C: Brand

That lineup is pretty sick, although they don't have a center - although if Kandi walks they wont have a center either. And one of either Wilcox/Ely is expendable. If you think the Knicks get the better end of the deal you could nix the ward for McInnis aspect, but if you think the Clips get the better end we could add in Anderson for Maggette...thoughts?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/6/2002  4:13 PM
Don't count on Wilcox starting or Clark signing with New York. I like the deal, but think it's just a little too unrealistic. McDyess won't get traded and Kandi will likely remain with LA. On top of that McInnis is an unrestricted FA so he's not any part of the team anymore, nor does he want to be. He probably wouldn't be involved in any deal therefore. Melvin Ely would be a nice player to try to pick up from LA because he can play some center. We should try to send Ward and a future pick for him because they don't really need him.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
7/7/2002  1:14 PM
I like the idea, but I can't see that trade happening.
We suck.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
7/7/2002  7:14 PM
McDyess isn't going anywhere.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy