[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kelvin Cato may be our guy
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/4/2002  5:59 PM
Houston no longer has use for Cato and they need to get rid of him to make room for Ming. I suggest a trade that will help the Knicks. Send KT for Cato straight up use the exception on Jerome James. They get two shot blocking centers. Cato may come cheaper than KT he may be had for Spoon and Harrington. The Knicks can use and offer of KT, Williams and future number one picks for Baron Davis something that Hornets would consider.

AUTOADVERT
NUMBER20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #220
7/4/2002  8:55 PM
We cant trade our toughest player in kurt thomas. Kurt Thomas is the knicks physical player they cant trade him.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
7/4/2002  9:22 PM
Agreed 100%. We definitely need to keep Dirty Kurty offer them someone else.
knicker for life
nykinoz
Member: #205
Australia
7/4/2002  10:12 PM
I posted this topic over at Clutch City.
Most were receptive to a deal for Cato, with 2 possible deals being favored.

I think this is the best
Othella Harrington
Charlie Ward
Kelvin Cato

But this one was also discussed
Kurt Thomas
Travis Knight
Kelvin Cato
Kenny Thomas

I would much rather deal Big O / Ward for Cato, without doubt.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/5/2002  4:43 PM
Posted by nykinoz:

I posted this topic over at Clutch City.
Most were receptive to a deal for Cato, with 2 possible deals being favored.

I think this is the best
Othella Harrington
Charlie Ward
Kelvin Cato

But this one was also discussed
Kurt Thomas
Travis Knight
Kelvin Cato
Kenny Thomas

I would much rather deal Big O / Ward for Cato, without doubt.
I would do this second deal and i think it would be more fair if Houston replaced Thomas with Morris. I would still do it and it would be very fair. Cato would be a decent back-up center because of his size and ability to block shots and grab boards. I would prefer Jerome James over him though because James brings a little more size.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/8/2002  7:41 AM
Cato has no heart. Its sad because he is so talented if he put his mind to it. He seems like he doesnt like playing bball. If you ever watcxhed him alot he isnt a hard working player.

But the Harrington + ward deal would be nice. We would free up the PG spot and get rid of another PF. Seems good but it all depend on how bad Houston wants to get rid of Cato.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
bigboymumu
Member: #251
7/9/2002  2:26 AM
The Rockets have three power forwards already. The Rockets will not trade any of their players unless some team offers a deal they cannot refuse.
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/9/2002  6:00 AM
Yo, yo, yo! Don`t touch my man Kurt Thomas. KT and Spree are the only true Knicks, playing tough and with heart `n soul. People always compare the actual Knicks with the Knicks of the early 90´s. Spree and Thomas are the only guys beeing close to that.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/9/2002  2:12 PM
By even mentioning K. thomas name in a Cato trade is disrespect. You do not trade Thomas who we all know is our Hardcore,physical player. We don't need Cato who has no offense whatever....
The Future. GO KNICKS!
nwny
Member: #284
7/9/2002  4:32 PM
Kurt Thomas is overrated. I watched every Knick game this past season (his supposed break-out year). What I saw was a guy who’s a decent back-up, forced to start. He didn’t do anything different. His 15 foot jumper has always been there. I like him coming off the bench, but he has trouble with the more athletic power forwards, because he has very, very, slow feet. Which is what leads to his foul trouble. For me, he’s not untradeable. If the deal gets us a shot blocking rebounder that’s not always in foul trouble, we should do it. The reason why the Knicks was such a poor rebounding team is because their PF’s play too far away from the basket. I love Camby, and I’m sad he’s gone but when he and Kurt was on the floor at the same time the Knicks would never get an offensive rebound because they are both jump shooters. We need an INSIDE banger. Kurt did all his banging from 10 feet and beyond. That’s another reason he was always in fool trouble. They refs let you get away with physical play UNDER the basket, not 10 feet away. When he learns this he’ll be much more effective. But he has no back-to-basket game. Let’s get a center and be on our merry way.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/9/2002  4:48 PM
Posted by nwny:

Kurt Thomas is overrated. I watched every Knick game this past season (his supposed break-out year). What I saw was a guy who’s a decent back-up, forced to start. He didn’t do anything different. His 15 foot jumper has always been there. I like him coming off the bench, but he has trouble with the more athletic power forwards, because he has very, very, slow feet. Which is what leads to his foul trouble. For me, he’s not untradeable. If the deal gets us a shot blocking rebounder that’s not always in foul trouble, we should do it. The reason why the Knicks was such a poor rebounding team is because their PF’s play too far away from the basket. I love Camby, and I’m sad he’s gone but when he and Kurt was on the floor at the same time the Knicks would never get an offensive rebound because they are both jump shooters. We need an INSIDE banger. Kurt did all his banging from 10 feet and beyond. That’s another reason he was always in fool trouble. They refs let you get away with physical play UNDER the basket, not 10 feet away. When he learns this he’ll be much more effective. But he has no back-to-basket game. Let’s get a center and be on our merry way.
dampier/foyle for either ward/eisley would be tight.
Kelvin Cato may be our guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy