[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Michael Olowakandi
Author Thread
ClydeDaGlide
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #275
USA
7/2/2002  2:34 PM
Is there any way to get him here? There has to be, I don't think he is that valuable...I'd rather see him come to NY than Baron Davis...In my mind, thats the trade you focus on, not the trade for a point guard...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/2/2002  2:39 PM
What are you smoking? You'd rather have Michael Olowokandi than Baron Davis. Wow...
#Knickstaps
ClydeDaGlide
USA
7/2/2002  2:44 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

What are you smoking? You'd rather have Michael Olowokandi than Baron Davis. Wow...

Chronic...and yeah, with post presence like that, who needs a point guard? Remember the '99 finals? D-Rob and Duncan? Who was their point guard again? Oh, yeah, now I remember, Avery Johnson...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/2/2002  3:51 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Let's put it this way... in the East, to get to the finals (and for wathcing the regular season) I would rather have Baron, but to be competitive in the finals, I would rather have Kandi-man.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
USA
7/2/2002  4:07 PM
Mike Olowokandi is FAR from Tim Duncan or David Robinson. Baron Davis is a proven All-Star point guard, Mike Olowokandi is a proven 1st pick bust.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/2/2002  4:14 PM
Sad to say it, but i agree with him. Id rather have Olowakandi too. Baron is obviously the better player. But our backcourt is already solid, with Olowakandi we would have an unstoppable front court that could very well overpower Shaq and the Lakers. If you take Baron instead you might be as good as the Kings. I think its overkill in the backcourt.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BigSm00th
USA
7/2/2002  4:22 PM
If you have to pay a max contract, it's got to be Baron over the Kandi Man. He's just not worth that money. In the east he might average 13 and 8? You know Baron will average probably 22 points and 6 assists, and 4 rebounds, and step it up in the playoffs. Point guard leads the team, he carried the Hornets in the playoffs. Kandi hasn't even been to the playoffs. He's overrated, the numbers back it up. He shot .433% last year! (.434% for his career) That's terrible, especially keeping in mind that he play 8 feet from the hoop. Give me a break.
#Knickstaps
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/2/2002  4:28 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If you have to pay a max contract, it's got to be Baron over the Kandi Man. He's just not worth that money. In the east he might average 13 and 8? You know Baron will average probably 22 points and 6 assists, and 4 rebounds, and step it up in the playoffs. Point guard leads the team, he carried the Hornets in the playoffs. Kandi hasn't even been to the playoffs. He's overrated, the numbers back it up. He shot .433% last year! (.434% for his career) That's terrible, especially keeping in mind that he play 8 feet from the hoop. Give me a break.
I agree, I dont even think they are even close. Baron is a superstar, Kandi is a bust. And if we get Baron, then Sprewell is really expendable - we can trade him to get a big man or a real small forward, but probably a big man.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
ClydeDaGlide
USA
7/2/2002  5:11 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I agree, I dont even think they are even close. Baron is a superstar, Kandi is a bust. And if we get Baron, then Sprewell is really expendable - we can trade him to get a big man or a real small forward, but probably a big man.

Ok, ok, here it is: No argument from me, Baron is a much better player, without a doubt. However, you could make the argument that Kidd is better player than Shaq. That said, it doesn't matter how much better you are than Shaq, you can never be as dominant as him, due to his size. Size is a huge part of the game, you have to know that. It doesn't make you better, it makes you more dominant, and he who dominates the game, usually wins...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/2/2002  5:25 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I would take Olo for this reason only. If we get Olo we probably won't have to part with our core players where with Baron we would most likely have to part with Spree. Keep the Core together increase size. Olo's role will be limited to rebounding and defense and score anywhere from 10-14 points. I think if Williams gets a chance he will do well enough to make a solid contribution to the team. Ward is still the gritty veteran that the Knicks can rely on when they need him.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/2/2002  6:04 PM
I'm gonna side with the KANDI folks on this one - - OOOONLY because sentimentally, I'd love to win it all WITH Spree on the team. If that wasn't an issue - I'd do Spree for Baron anyday before KT for Kandi.

Of course, in my world, I'd balloon the payroll to 150 mil and get Iverson at point.

"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
BigSm00th
USA
7/2/2002  6:17 PM
Ok, I agree with Olowokandi's size helping him in the East. However, I still feel he doesn't deserve a max contract. Has anyone heard what the package or what the asking price from LAC is?
#Knickstaps
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/2/2002  7:34 PM
I saw get Kandi and sign Ewing as the backup center.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
VG
Member: #68
Australia
7/2/2002  8:44 PM
This is a tough question IMO... Olowkandi has the size, he's improving, he is the center that matches better with Shaq than anyone else (except Duncan) and in the East could post very good numbers. Baron Davis is already a great point-guard at 23 and has shown in the Playoffs that he can with play with fire...

I pick Baron Davis. We already have a great inside player in McDyess...
killacross
Member: #58
USA
7/2/2002  11:24 PM
you guys should argue about something else.... davis resigned and can't be traded until winter (same as houston right?). Biggest decision should be who to spend the exceptions on
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
7/2/2002  11:37 PM
Posted by killacross:

you guys should argue about something else.... davis resigned and can't be traded until winter (same as houston right?).

Your information has to be false cause players cannot sign until July 15, july the 4th hasn't even passed yet.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/3/2002  9:30 AM
Davis hasnt resigned and still wants to be traded.

But he can be resigned at anytime, because he isnt a free agent. The Hornets want to extend his contract which can be done now.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
killacross
Member: #58
USA
7/3/2002  11:23 AM
ic thanks for clearing that up
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
Offedge
Member: #280
7/3/2002  1:07 PM
whats the debate? Baron is a rising superstar, and Olowakani is just a overrated big body.
Plus, Olo can't stop Shaq anyways. No one can, right now. you just have to put the best team out there and hope for the best and having Olo instead of Baron would not be the best team.
Big bodies are easy to get, just Hack-a-shaq him, and make him beat you from the freethrow line.

There's no argument, you trade for Baron(or Miller) not Olo.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
7/3/2002  8:44 PM
I think you BD guys are missing the point. Of course BD is the far superior player and personally I love him, but if Kandi develops into a 15 and 10 and 2 guy which isn't a stretch, especially in the east, that gives us a dimension that having a great PG doesn't. What BD has to offer is all offensive, he is not that good defensively. What Kandi has to offer is mostly defensive which can translate into a lot for us. We need a real big man if we are going to win a championship, and real big men are much harder to come by than good guards. I would get Kandi and take a downgrade from BD at the point and we would be a better team.
Michael Olowakandi

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy