[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Things are looking up in NY
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
7/1/2002  3:17 PM
Our team last year was known as the ol' skool team. Entering the 02-03 season we may be considered a young team. Right now we are staring at a rookie PG and 2 young centers via FA. Knicks basically clearing out the whole frontcourt. Weatherspoon may be next to go. he put up decent numbers but could have dont much much better. Jarron Collins and Jerome Jame our be a nice tandem at C. Im iffy on Williams at PG. He should be OK but you never know with rookies. The Knicks should throw anything they got at Olowakandi, even if we have to start Eisley at Pg to get him, it well worth it. If Dyess and Olowakandi played together all i gotta say is we would be the next dynasty.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/1/2002  3:27 PM
He's OK, but last year he averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds. Come on, Fritz. Dynasty? That's crazy, the highest points he's ever scored is 30.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 07/01/2002 15:27:37]
#Knickstaps
JMR89GT
Member: #276
USA
7/1/2002  3:30 PM
I wouldn't say dynasty either, but I don't think it matters that the most Kandi has ever scored is 30, they don't need him for that. He has to rebound and block shots. His rebounding numbers should go up from 9 a game(which is pretty good anyway) since he won't be battling all the big men in the West for them if he was a Knick.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/1/2002  4:08 PM
I'd imagine Olowokandi thinking about the year-long grind of the regular season, and realizing that he'll save himself a ton of wear and tear by playing in the east, for a top team. He can save a lot for the finals...does this mean more than the almighty dollar? Probably not.

Cheers-
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/1/2002  4:34 PM
I think Olowakandi is looking for a team with money to spare...
We should use both exceptions for big men. Keon being one of them...
We really need to trade either Eisley or Ward (big contracts)- and keep our rookie Williams.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/1/2002  4:53 PM
Olowakandi is a unique player. he defends with the best of them straight defending. He is a fierce rebounder. Please remeber he player alonside Brand who was 2nd in rebounds, so limiting his oppurtunities. I seen him play many games, my friend has directv with the NBA package. He is worth the price. He is more valuable than his stats say. I dont think the Clipps would do a deal with us unless there was a 3rd team involved.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/1/2002  5:07 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Olowakandi is a unique player. he defends with the best of them straight defending. He is a fierce rebounder. Please remeber he player alonside Brand who was 2nd in rebounds, so limiting his oppurtunities. I seen him play many games, my friend has directv with the NBA package. He is worth the price. He is more valuable than his stats say. I dont think the Clipps would do a deal with us unless there was a 3rd team involved.

OK, so we can package Kurt and one of our hi-contract PGs + Othella or Travis as throw-ins if needed, and see how they like it. They would rather not see him walk away (ala Kiki in Denver)... Maybe lightning can strike twice in the same place. As long as our core STAYS, I would like to see us get him...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/1/2002  5:28 PM
The Clippers would much rather see Olowokandi walk away then add high priced contracts of Travis Knight and Howard Eisley or Charlie Ward. And why in the world would they want Thomas or Harrington when they have three, yes, three power forwards all of whom are better then Thomas and Harrington (Brand, Wilcox, Ely). It's not happening.
#Knickstaps
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/1/2002  5:35 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

The Clippers would much rather see Olowokandi walk away then add high priced contracts of Travis Knight and Howard Eisley or Charlie Ward. And why in the world would they want Thomas or Harrington when they have three, yes, three power forwards all of whom are better then Thomas and Harrington (Brand, Wilcox, Ely). It's not happening.

Why'd I add Kurt? He's our best asset out of the bunch. BTW, I'd trade Allan, not Spree for Olowakandi.
Things are looking up in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy