[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Now our decision's not to...
Author Thread
LarrythaLeo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #71
USA
7/1/2002  8:44 AM
draft serviceable big-men in last years draft Like Loren Woods, Reuben Boumtje-Boumtje, and Jarron Collins has come back to bite us in the you know where...
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2002  9:28 AM
You can say that again.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/1/2002  2:38 PM
Jarron Collins is a free agent. Scott LayDown could redeeem himself for that mistake last year by signing him now. Maybe he'll take the $1.4M exception- then we can use the $4.8 exception to sign Keon.

Don't forget that they are also still trying to retool the bench, now that Spencer, Robinson and Postell are all free agents...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/1/2002  2:42 PM
i say sign keon and then bring back Pat to back him up! Then I can go back to wanting to win a championship for Pat!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/1/2002  3:07 PM
OK, but you know that Patrick hurt his hand again, right?
The sentiment is sincere, though. However, isn't Patrick under contract for next year? We already have cap issues...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/1/2002  7:07 PM
GOOD ONE HARDCOREKNICKS FAN, i HAD SAID THAT 2DAYS AGO IN OUR DISCUSSION!!!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/3/2002  2:48 PM
In hindsight, its easy to look back and say we should have done this, done that, etc...the one guy that most ppl looked at and thought the knicks should have taken was woods, but probably the knicks felt that he was a close copy of camby and dont forget, the knicks werent the only ones that passed on him, he dropped into the 2nd round....what killed the knicks here was that they were hoping that camby would emerge as a player, and stay healthy.....he started out the season with the plantar fascitus, but was playing well when he fell down and tore his hip muscles, i mean thats not a normal injury...the knicks finally decided to dump him because they had given him enough chances already, so your left with a big hole at center and now you look back and say he should have done this, that and the other thing, well he didnt so he sucks.....and as for the players mentioned that we didnt draft, lots of other teams passed on them also, its a real crapshoot.
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
7/5/2002  1:05 AM
From the days leading up to the draft I would look at these players bio's hoping the knicks would draft one of them. I really wanted Boumtje-Boumtje he was the big east defensive player of the year his senior year. So now while you may say it's easy to look back I want you to know I actually was looking forward to bringing in these players.
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/5/2002  11:05 AM
Posted by LarrythaLeo:

From the days leading up to the draft I would look at these players bio's hoping the knicks would draft one of them. I really wanted Boumtje-Boumtje he was the big east defensive player of the year his senior year. So now while you may say it's easy to look back I want you to know I actually was looking forward to bringing in these players.

Well, your not the knicks GM unfortunately for all of us ;).....all i can say is other teams passed on these guys also, it happens, was i happy with layden's picks? Of course not, but im not going to murder the guy for it....one thing that ppl dont consider is the power struggle that was going on at the time, layden was starting to take control of the the team at that point with checketts being banished and he relied on scouts, and it may just be that the scouts gave him some bad recomendations based on their affiliation with the old guard so to speak....i was reading that this year, layden was relying on his new scouts that he brought aboard, and was phasing out the older scouts, perhaps a reaction to the bad picks that they recomended last year, give layden credit for recognizing that mistakes were made and he is trying to correct them by getting new people in the scouting department.
Now our decision's not to...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy