[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knick will start Williams if no trade happens
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
7/1/2002  7:51 AM
The NYPost reports the Knicks may start Williams if nothing happens via trade. It seems the organization has just turned a corner. The ol' school Knick might have a chance now. Ok, now I wonder what they will do with Postell. Postell has been waiting for him time to shine for 2 years. I would like it if he played behind Houston this season off the bench.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2002  9:34 AM
Starting Williams is a very big risk, but one that might pay off. He brings a lot more versatility to the point that the other guards don't, simply because he can do more. As for Postell, i can't really see him fitting in because where are you going to put Shandon Anderson? While Postell is a better scorer and can bring energy, he is extremely streaky, which is not always good, and he doesn't play a lick of defense. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him a little and maybe try to get him in the rotation at least for about 5 minutes a game. Anderson will need 18 to 20 minutes per, but if we need a quick bucket off the bench we might go with Postell.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
7/1/2002  10:07 AM
Hold on now it was not like Anderson turn heads he absolutely stunk last year and looked totally out of place. Postell has stuck with this team and deseves a legitimate shot. My personal opinion,not that it matters, is have him back up Houston cause he is a better fast break player and let Anderson backup Spree.
knicker for life
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/1/2002  10:26 AM
I wish we could have a sshot at Larry Hughes. I heard GS is trying to get rid of him bad. Id take him for Travis and Ward.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2002  10:36 AM
The thing about Anderson is he plays great defense and the Knicks don't have spectacular perimeter defense so Anderson helps out with that. Thats the reason he's in the rotation over Postell.
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/1/2002  11:05 AM
Posted by falcindor:

I wish we could have a sshot at Larry Hughes. I heard GS is trying to get rid of him bad. Id take him for Travis and Ward.

What? Another guard? I realize that he is a great player, but come on. This would be a great idea if we could get Houston the f--- out of here, but I don't see it happening. Hughes won't be happy sitting on the bench, he's too good for that. We can't start him...that trade might be valuable for a trading standpoint, as we would be able to offer a lot more with a talent like Hughes on our roster, but in all honesty, there is no chance the Knicks are looking to aquire another guard before they deal with their big men issues...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/1/2002  11:14 AM
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:
Posted by falcindor:

What? Another guard? I realize that he is a great player, but come on. This would be a great idea if we could get Houston the f--- out of here, but I don't see it happening. Hughes won't be happy sitting on the bench, he's too good for that. We can't start him...that trade might be valuable for a trading standpoint, as we would be able to offer a lot more with a talent like Hughes on our roster, but in all honesty, there is no chance the Knicks are looking to aquire another guard before they deal with their big men issues...

Hughes sucks the man can't hit the ocean with his jump shot. If you are looking for a guard that shoots 38% from the floor then he is your man. Athletic abiltiy with out skills only gets you flashy dunks and the dunks come once in a while. Camby is a great example of athleticism with out skills.
scylla
Member: #97
7/1/2002  12:37 PM
Posted by prowler:

Hold on now it was not like Anderson turn heads he absolutely stunk last year and looked totally out of place. Postell has stuck with this team and deseves a legitimate shot. My personal opinion,not that it matters, is have him back up Houston cause he is a better fast break player and let Anderson backup Spree.
According to today's paper (as well as what's been rumored for a while), it sounds as if the Knicks won't be re-signing Postell this summer, and also letting go of Felton and Larry Robinson.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/1/2002  1:07 PM
Posted by scylla:
Posted by prowler:

According to today's paper (as well as what's been rumored for a while), it sounds as if the Knicks won't be re-signing Postell this summer, and also letting go of Felton and Larry Robinson.

Yup, they gotta let Felton and Larry go. With Williams, the Knicks would have 11 on their bench. Now, if they are going to add a big man.... well, Felton and Larry were only practice guys anyway.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/1/2002  1:53 PM
Postell is definitely a free agent, as is Spencer and Robinson. I like Postell, but those other cats were just taking up space. Maybe now we can chuck Eisley (I would rather keep Ward- shorter contract and he has heart) and Spoon for a solid 4 or 5, as well as make a move with our $4.8M exception for another big man (preferably Clark).
BTW, Othella may still exercise his opt-out, but we'll just have to wait on that one...

The summer league should help us all see if Williams can carry the load as starting PG this coming season. Don't miss it.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/01/2002 13:54:29]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Knick will start Williams if no trade happens

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy