[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/30/2002  8:42 PM
Why aren't we looking to trade with GS?

They supposedly want to GIVE away their FORTson.

Always on the (trading) block are the GS Centers - Foyle and Dampier.
We can get either of those guys easily I think.

Foyle and Sura/Mills for Ward and Knight - whose contract expires soon - appealing to GS.

Plus I think Jerome James should be signed.
AUTOADVERT
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/1/2002  12:52 AM
I agree with signing Jerome James whose 7'1 and 280pds. He's one of the big body i had suggested.. But as for Golden state, they're too stingy make a trade with Knicks. During the season knicks offered ward for dampier or the former Big Marc Jackson but Golden State replied they weren't interested... Now they are in need of a PG and i would rather give up Howard Eisley instead of Ward. Eisley got a killer contract that runs till 2006-2007 season. Ward on the other hand has 2 yrs remaining. As for Fortson, he's injury prone and undersized power forward(6'6). We need to get bigger on the frontcourt
The Future. GO KNICKS!
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/1/2002  10:59 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

Foyle and Sura/Mills for Ward and Knight - whose contract expires soon - appealing to GS.

See I disagree...I don't think we should trade for just any center, just because he is a "true center". Felton Spencer is a "true center", but would you trade for his s**ty a**? No, you wouldn't. I know Foyle is a not the worst the NBA has to offer at the C position, but I think the Knicks could do a little better than that if they tried. What we need to do is figure out a way to get Olowakandi from the rich-on-talent, poor-on-experience Clippers. If their deal with the Cav's falls through, we might be able to tempt them with a package of Ward and KT. We shouldn't waste our time looking to trade for mediocraty, thats how we got those horrible contracts we're trying to dump right now...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/1/2002  11:19 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

You don't want any big men from Golden State, they are all unskilled back ups. As far as Fortson great rebounder but lack height and interior presence. I think the KNicks need to stick with Clark, Collins, Marc Jackson and bring in Christofferson this will give the Knicks big bodies that will come in handy when and if they get to the finals.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy