[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Mark Jackson possibley more tradable than Ward?
Author Thread
Dano
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #69
8/15/2001  6:15 PM
With Ward's chronic knees and that 15% trade kicker and maybe even that whole Anti-semiticsm thing, he's gonna be tough to move.

Sure Jackson is old, slow and a defensive liability, but he still has
potential to dish out 9 apg I think.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/15/2001  7:09 PM
Jackson may be more tradeable, but right now both ward and eisley are not proven starters while jax is. Eisley may be our future starter, but not right now. I think the reason ward is likely to go is because we still have a lot of options for him and a lot of teams are looking for a solid, veteran back-up point guard. With that being said, we should be able to bring back as much for ward as we could with jackson. The knicks aren't asking for a lot, just a guy who can give 10-15 good minutes off the bench at center. For right now, i can't see jax going anywhere unless it's to improve the point. The knicks will likely trade ward for a solid center and that will be it for now.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
8/15/2001  8:22 PM
I think we should perhaps look to trade Jackson. I don't think he should be our starter this year because our isolation plays just don't take advantage of his passing. Eisley is a better 3 point shooter and a much better defender and he is also excellent at protecting the ball.

That being said I think Layden will trade Ward after all because the Knicks are only asking for a back-up center and there are a few teams out there that over 2 centers.

[Edited by - VG on 08/15/2001 20:22:58]
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/15/2001  9:47 PM
Lets see. Jax makes less, and might be able to tutor a young point guard better. His salary might match up better with what a backup center would make as well. I'd say he is better trade bait.

I think that the Knicks are trying to get Ward away from Allan Houston.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/16/2001  1:07 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Lets see. Jax makes less, and might be able to tutor a young point guard better. His salary might match up better with what a backup center would make as well. I'd say he is better trade bait.

I think that the Knicks are trying to get Ward away from Allan Houston.
Ward + Houston = Choir Boys
Is Mark Jackson possibley more tradable than Ward?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy