[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No blockbuster moves necessary..
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
6/30/2002  4:45 PM
As you know back in the'99 and'00 season, the knicks team were able to get to the eastern conference finals based on a consistent low post player being double-teamed that complimented houston/spree and a reliable,sound bench. The season that just ended lost LJ so dearly and previously Ewing. By acquiring McDyess on draft day should correct the low post probelm. All they now need is to acquire some big bodies to overcome being one of the smallest team in the N.B.A. How, very simple. By utilizing the 4.5mill exception, the knicks should obtain 6'11 Keon Clark who'll play Camby's role off the bench from '99 season. Clark's demeanor and aggressive is a resemblance of Camby coming off the bench.Also, they should use their 1mm exception on Jarron Collins from Utah who the knicks miss picking with the 39th during the 2001 draft. He's 7'0 and big like his twin brother Jason who plays for NJ. Lastly, they don't need a bonifide pg. What they need to do is get rid of Howard Eisley's killer contract which last till 2006 or 2007. Howard is too soft.. Frank Williams should be a very good Pg for the knicks with immediate results. He's a hardnose 6'3 guy and plays defense. Frank played in one of the toughest college conferences in the nation=BIG TEN!! Charlie ward should remain the backup once Frank gets the program intact which shouldn't be too long. Charlie is a tough gritty pg which we shouldn't get rid of anyway. What the Knicks need to do is package eisley, weathespoon and possbly Shandon A. or Harrington for a Big Body that will protect McDyess on the floor. Right now he's the best frontcourt player possibly in the east. We wouldn't want him to constantly defend the opposing big man. That's where we need to obtain another big body to do the dirty work just like Oakley did playing alongside Ewing or Vlade does with Webber or Dale Davis does for Rasheed Wallace. H20,spree and McDyess is enough offense. Now we need to add some big tough role players. KNICKS2003!!!!!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
6/30/2002  5:35 PM
Elequently put, BB... My sentiments EXACTLY...
I would start Keon and use Jarron Collins interchangeably acording to the opposition.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
6/30/2002  6:33 PM
well said! Let's hope Scotty reads...

Cheers-
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/30/2002  7:31 PM
If we can sign Keon and start him and center and if Williams emerges then we will have an extremely tough starting line-up and a good point guard and center to compliment our big three, who might just be amongst the top 3 trios in the league. Have Thomas come off the bench, but play starting minutes and you have yourself a strong candidate for 6th man of the year. We would be a very strong team without any trades, just the signing of Clark would do it.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/30/2002  7:37 PM
I agree, the blockbuster move has already been made in acquiring McDyess. Van Exel will probably be acquired if Williams shows in preseason that he can't handle a starting job.
#Knickstaps
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
6/30/2002  8:35 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I agree, the blockbuster move has already been made in acquiring McDyess. Van Exel will probably be acquired if Williams shows in preseason that he can't handle a starting job.

Hopefully, Williams pans out as a starter... However, I truly believe that we can do better than Nick @ the 1 spot. There are better 1's available now (ie: Davis, Miller, etc.), but maybe an opportunity will be there @ the start of the season for even better possibilities (if needed).
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
VG
Member: #68
Australia
7/1/2002  6:27 AM
Excerpt from today's NY Daily News:
If Layden is unable to trade for a point guard — Miller, Nick Van Exel, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Damon Stoudamire — he could make a run at Orlando free agent Troy Hudson.

Layden still thinks highly of Hudson, whom he originally signed while with Utah four years ago, and may be able to pull off a sign-and-trade deal that would include Charlie Ward.
RonRon
Member: #246
7/1/2002  6:43 AM
I believe 3 all stars is perfect. If you havent learned by now, a championship team needs role players just as imporantly as "all stars" There are only so many pts and shots in a game. However, many other players can contribute signifigantly with hustle, smartness, toughness, rebounds, defense...etc I think the knicks should try to get 2 more big men without trading one of their big three or thomas for an all star, ofcourse shaq and duncan or exceptions.... I think knicks should go all out on Keon Clark with their mid exception, also picking up another million dollar exception for a veteran body like Gatling or Oakley.
Im happy with ward, eisly, and williams. Its ward's final year of contract, leaving time for williams to develop. He also knows the players and coaches system very well. The players know what to expect and not to expect from him. If possible, trading eisly contract away wouldnt sound bad? But who would take him, and what could we gain or lose out of it? I would try to move eisly and anderson together to Utah for Ostertag and fillers if possible.
Many Knick fans aren a stunned from the trade. It is kind of risky, but if Mcdyess becomes the player he once was, we are only a player or 2 away from the Eastern Finals.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
7/1/2002  10:31 AM
I agree with you one hundred percent. Keon I like , I would like to keep Kurt though he is or best low post defender and a scrapper and is also starting to peak now. If we could get the Collins kid from Utah or maybe Foyle from GS we would be kool. That would be the two bigs that we need. U see we have alot to learn fromteams like Portland you dont want to overcrowd your teams with stars. Right now as it stands we have three legit stars what we have to do now is surround them with a supporting cast we are not that far off. If it means anythingh I dont like Eisley or Anderson for the Knicks the just dont fit at least in my opinion based on what I saw. Our point guard situation is not as desperate as people think Frank Williams will pan out. With all the veteran players we have now we have to add some youth in this free agency period.
knicker for life
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/1/2002  3:00 PM
I agree with the need for 2 big men. What are our chances, realistically, of getting two solid big men with our $1.4 & $4.8 Million exceptions? I think they are damn good!

We still need to trade Ward or Eisley as well...they make TOO much loot together for us to even forsee getting out of this cap rut we're in...Shandon is a toss-up, he, Spoon, Othella and Travis (any combo of those) can be moved in a deal that would fill our bench with more Fiery and Talented role players. At least we have more spot open spots now that Postell, Spencer and Robinson are all free agents.
No blockbuster moves necessary..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy