[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BskBALL.com rumors
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/30/2002  2:41 PM
The Knicks have a few more tricks up their sleeves, and landing Antonio McDyess was but the 1st move they have. Rumor has had it since before the draft that the Knicks and Sonics may have a deal in place, landing the Knicks Vin Baker and Shammond Williams. A Knicks source said on Friday, that was just one of several items they had in play. The Knicks apparently remain in talks for Andre Miller, and have also been linked to talks for Glen Robinson. Antonio McDyess told media that he expected the Knicks to retain both Allan Houston and Latrell Sprewell as they were the main reason he agreed to come to New York "No question in my mind, Latrell and Allan are the two main reasons I wanted to come here. They haven't asked me anything, but I think they probably know now because of how much I emphasized playing with those guys, that I would love for Sprewell to be here." McDyess also indicated he’d be agreeable to a long term contract in New York, leading way for a possible extension in New York. The Knicks could offer McDyess a 5 year contract extension worth roughly $87 million.

SOME SHOTS
Here are some of the random stories from the week…

NICK THE QUICK: So the Mavs and Knicks have talked trade? Really? This isn’t a shock that the Mavericks have shopped Nick Van Exel, but the odds of a deal are not as likely as media would have us believe. The Mavericks would like to move off the $34 plus million Van Excel is owed. I mean the Mark Cuban’s millions thing plays well in the media, but you don’t get that much money throwing it away. Mark made a splash tossing around money, but over the last two seasons, his purse strings have gotten tighter and tighter, and landing Nick was a short term deal, not a long term deal. Moving him and his $10 million plus a season for guys who’s deals end, matches everything else done in Dallas. Although the Knicks are not in any hurry to add to their already $73 million payroll, by shipping out the $9.5 million Charlie Ward and Kurt Thomas earn, for the just under $11 million Van Ex will earn, but its not out of the question.

TRADING THE DOG: Well if you listen to media reports the Milwaukee Bucks are shopping Glenn Robinson, talks of Big Dog heading to New York surfaced before the draft, and reports from Miami say Robinson was offered to the Heat for a package of players including LaPhonso Ellis, the #10 overall selection (which became Caron Butler), Anthony Carter and recently released Chris Gatling. The Bucks continue to deny that ‘they’ have instigated talks regarding their players, saying teams have called and offers were exchanged, but they have not pursued a trade involving their own guys. It does seem that the Bucks are trying to make a move, and once the trade moratorium is lifted in mid July, it seems Big Dog moves to the head of the trading block.

KEON CLARK- Keon would like to remain in Toronto, and the Raptors would like to keep him – aww isn’t that sweet?- The reality is the Raptors can pay him any amount allowable under the cap, he’s a ‘Bird righted’ free agent, so all of the clubs with interest have to consider Toronto can match ANY number offered Keon. Clark would like to see a clear role, and with so many overpaid big men in Toronto, Keon would like to get a similar check, but also have a role. The Knicks have labeled him their top target and the appeal of being the Knicks starting center, is a hard thing to match. Toronto has been angling to make deals that would move out salary to create room under the possible luxury tax to re-sign Keon, the tax is not calculated until the end of the season, so signing Keon now, does not mean they have to trigger a trade until at least mid-season…

-------------------
I've also heard something about insider saying the Knicks have offered Thomas, Ward, and future picks for Van Exel and LaFrentz. Anyone know anything about that? I would do that deal as well as the one involving the Sonics which i think is Thomas, Ward, and Knight for Baker and Williams. I'm hesistent on that one, but we get more size incase we can't sign Keon Clark. As long as we can make one more positive move we'll have one of the best teams in the east.
AUTOADVERT
ATLKnick
Member: #273
USA
6/30/2002  4:21 PM
I thought we could have done that deal last year with Denver instead of Dallas. What did Dallas give them- an old PG (Hardaway) and an overrated and overpaid PF(Howard)- heck we've got that. I would love that deal, but I doubt the Mavs would part with Raef. He would fit perfectly in NY. He's big, can rebound and block shots and can hit the outside J which pulls the other center away from the basket. This is also why I can't see the Mavs letting him go. I think we have a better chance of getting Olawakandi from the cheap Clippers unless Sterling all of sudden decides he actually wants to win.
Old School Knick Fan
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/30/2002  4:32 PM
That is so funny. Van Exel + Raef???? They could have just saved paper and sent Houston to Denver last season.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2002  2:18 PM
7/1/02

IN A NEW YORK MINUTE
The Knicks again remain the topic of the media, and Knicks sources say this is as active as the Knicks have been in years and at least two more ‘significant’ deals are likely. The Knicks will also open their free agency with visits from Keon Clark and Rodney Rogers, both players are expected in to see the Knicks within the next 2 weeks. Clark remains the gem of many teams’ eye. The Knicks are rumored to be point guard hunting on the trade front, and reports are surfacing that newly acquired Antonio McDyess could be re-traded if the right combo of center and point guard were offered. This comes by way of Pete Vecsey, so I am going to put that one on hold for a while. The Timberwolves appear to be the Knicks main target as they are again talking Terrell Brandon swap, and given the situation in Minnesota, if the Knicks offer where cap friendly enough, it could be a possible. The Knicks are also said to have targeted Orlando free agent Troy Hudson as a free agent solution at guard should they be unable to dig up a trade.
BskBALL.com rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy