[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hover around .500
Author Thread
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
11/9/2005  11:53 AM
I don't understand all the panic due to the 0-3 start. The majority of posters here are questioning Larry like THEY could do a better job than a hall of fame coach. It's very hypocritical -- y'all call for changes and wanted some defense and intangibles added to this team but then when a coach has the background and stubborness to actually implement these things you call for his head 3 games into the season. If Larry played the rookies immediately, started the most talented squad, or did not let the vets PROVE they weren't worthy, he would be your ordinary, average NBA coach. He demands guys earn playing time -- which the rookies are doing and they have been rewarded with mins. He demands defense and until Crawford learns how to defend he should stay on the bench. He demands the little things which this team has so sorely lacked.

Larry almost always starts off slow and there is a reason for that. Last year, Detroit didn't hit stride until after the allstar break when they went on an absolute tear. The same will happen for this team -- Marbury will get it, Crawford will get it, the rookies will have much more experience and we will hit stride after the all star break. The key is to hover around .500 until that time so we can make a push in the very weak Atlantic.

This is a new team that needs to gel -- we need to cut down on the turnovers and fouls. We need to play inside out and in order to do that Curry needs to stay out of foul trouble. I have been so impressed by the defensive improvements already -- we are soo much better than last year and once we cut down on the fouls, we'll be an above average defensive team.

I don't care who starts now as long as all the rookies are in the rotation and Ariza gets 25 to 30 mins a night. By the allstar break, I would bet that the starting unit is Marbury, Craw/Q (whoevers playing better team ball and defense), Ariza, Fyre, Curry.

If Marbury can stay focused and withstand this process, he will elevate his game right up there with Kidd and Nash. He should become a great defender with his body and quickness -- look what billups did to his overall game and Marbury has three times the talent.
Defense and Toughness
AUTOADVERT
Hover around .500

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy