[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bringing out Bull in Curry
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/9/2005  10:28 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/363761p-309806c.html

I can't believe Larry is now borrowing some of the Bulls' plays--very good move by LB. As soon as Curry gets more comfortable he will get us over the hump and into the playoffs.

Does anyone feel like tonight is a new beginning for our team? It kind of feels like the real beginning of the season...
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/9/2005  10:42 AM
I sure hope it is... This team need a win... BADLY.

A W right now would finally take the "we didn;t win a game yet" pressure off the team, hopefully allowing them to focus better.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
11/9/2005  10:56 AM
Once they get a "W" underneath their belts, they'll be less pressure.. There is too many players on this squad.. They're still under pre-season mode so it's really gonna take some time for this team to really gel.

Hopefully it won't be too late cause there are alot of good eastern conference teams out there..

Knicks do not want to be too far behind for a playoff spot..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/9/2005  10:59 AM
The good thing with having too many players is that nobody is guaranteed to get minutes--everyone will have to earn their playing time. Having that competition within the team should make us better.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/9/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by Knight:

The good thing with having too many players is that nobody is guaranteed to get minutes--everyone will have to earn their playing time. Having that competition within the team should make us better.
it also creates redundancy and uncertainty about a players role.

LB maybe should take this approach:

Guys that are injured (Q) / lame (Penny) / badly out of shape (Jerome James and maybe Curry) go to the Inactive list until they bring their games up.

Roll with what we have and then move on.

The knicks are in an interesting position where no one is really injured and everyone can make a case for playing.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/9/2005  11:45 AM
well, for all the crap we spew as fans...and there's no denying it, melodramatic is a synonym with knicks' fans, even tho we're 0-3, we pretty much played like crap offensively, and lost 1 game b/c of free throws (and possibly not playing frye) and another game b/c LB had his head stuck up in ass for 6 mins. so we COULD be 2-1 and still "figuring out who to play".
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/9/2005  11:52 AM
I'm glad they are trying to get Curry more involved in the game. He seems to struggle if he has to create on the block. He tends to go for that right handed hook with the defense bumping the hell out of him. That is definately a lazy mans move. You make that move when you don't have your legs or if you are not really into the game.

Larry.....what's going on bro? What was training camp about just teaching fundementals? I wanna see some more backdoor stuff. I also wanna see Marbs be himself and create. Give him the freedom Baron Davis has. That seed should be planted already.

*Sigh*

It's just frustrating.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/9/2005  11:57 AM
This is the best post of the day......

Posted by EnySpree:

I'm glad they are trying to get Curry more involved in the game. He seems to struggle if he has to create on the block. He tends to go for that right handed hook with the defense bumping the hell out of him. That is definately a lazy mans move. You make that move when you don't have your legs or if you are not really into the game.

Larry.....what's going on bro? What was training camp about just teaching fundementals? I wanna see some more backdoor stuff. I also wanna see Marbs be himself and create. Give him the freedom Baron Davis has. That seed should be planted already. *Sigh*

It's just frustrating.

The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/9/2005  12:01 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I wanna see some more backdoor stuff.

either you're watching the wrong channel or you're sick and twisted.

can we keep this rated G please?

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-09-2005 12:02 PM]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/9/2005  12:09 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by EnySpree:

I wanna see some more backdoor stuff.

either you're watching the wrong channel or you're sick and twisted.

can we keep this rated G please?

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-09-2005 12:02 PM]

I'll try but He won't make me stop!

He keeps telling me that I can do it!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bringing out Bull in Curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy