[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Does anyone feel like it's still the preseason?
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/9/2005  9:03 AM
There is not much excitement about this basketball season - all around the NBA. It seems interesting, LB seems lost and the players are playing lost. The problem is there just arent any pure scrubs or pure stars on the Knicks that making a rotation is easy. How can you just sit MoT and Malik Rose and Jerome James and Penny and other guys? There are no major injuries...

I think Marbury would be best at the 2 or coming off the bench with Crawford at the 1. Also, I think Nate should sit.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2005  9:42 AM
They hype around here was very high and expectatoins were pretty high also. A couple of articles today say Larry in 8 pro seasons of 23 has started 0-3.

I think he is doing what needs to be done and we are just impatient. Larry is not lost as much as letting his team settle in. He has to make do with a very challangeing team. A very very young team with talent but the experience is not front line talent other than Marbs and Craw who are being re-educated.

Enjoy the process and don't get too frustrated. The back side to this will emerge a fun team who executes.

Taking guys like Marbs and Craw and reeling them in is not easy, but very worthwhile.

Larry is not the right coach for this team at this moment, but this is why he is here. This team will continue to have growing pains for a while, but look at it as a worthwhile experience and see the progress. With larry, its not about the flash but the execution.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/9/2005  9:52 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I think he is doing what needs to be done and we are just impatient. Larry is not lost as much as letting his team settle in. He has to make do with a very challangeing team. A very very young team with talent but the experience is not front line talent other than Marbs and Craw who are being re-educated.

Enjoy the process and don't get too frustrated. The back side to this will emerge a fun team who executes.
Agreed. We are losing now and as a fan, I am not going to panic. I hope to see things get better soon. I dont want see the Knicks trade Steph, Curry, Ariza, Frye, Lee or bring in another coach. We may lose some and just have to deal with it.

What is also important is not to let the expectations rise too high when the Knicks win a few games. I am prepared to let this season play out. I like what we have and wont judge right away where we should be headed.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
USA
11/9/2005  10:19 AM
The path from medicority is one paved with failure before you reach your goals.

success is not a destination, but a journey.

Larry is not "lost", he is enlightend. The players have yet to see the light.

I should sell motivational coffee mugs to the knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Larry is not the right coach for this team at this moment, but this is why he is here. This team will continue to have growing pains for a while, but look at it as a worthwhile experience and see the progress. With larry, its not about the flash but the execution.

Weird statement. I think Larry is the perfect coach for this team at this moment. What other coach would be able to create an excuse to play its youth while at the same time silencing the vets? Larry brings the leverage to not have to win games immediately for the better of long term growth.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/9/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by Nalod:

"The thing to remember is, there IS no spoon." -- the Matrix

[Edited by - panos on 11-09-2005 10:54 AM]
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/9/2005  10:57 AM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Nalod:

C'mon guys, turn off the lava lamps, go outside and get some sun.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/9/2005  11:05 AM
That preseason feeling will pass as soon as we WIN a game.

I have a feeling that will happen today.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knicksmsg33
Member: #1018
Jamaica
11/9/2005  11:11 AM
Larry did mention that we will have an extended preseaon, so the last 3 games are part of that experiment.

But he did state that we could have won those games, and that we are imprving in areas
Galong Knicks
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/9/2005  11:33 AM
Yeah man it does still feel like pre-season.

We need a rotation. Even if it's 9 guys.....the guys gotta get used to playing with each other. The only players that seem comfortable are Ariza, Lee, Nate, and Channing.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
11/9/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Nalod:

Weird statement. I think Larry is the perfect coach for this team at this moment. What other coach would be able to create an excuse to play its youth while at the same time silencing the vets? Larry brings the leverage to not have to win games immediately for the better of long term growth.

I guess im saying that Larry is not the right coach at this moment as he won't sacrifice the long term proper fundamental game he wants to install to get some quick wins. If Wins are important at this juncture of the season, then no he is not the right man. My motto "Lose the Battle, win the war!" lends itself to that statement. Martin, larry is so the right dude for this team, but not if one is buggin about starting the season off with a few cheap wins. We gonna build this thing right no matter how long it takes!

Some dudes are buggin over the 0-3 start!

[Edited by - nalod on 11-09-2005 11:35 AM]
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/9/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Panos:
Posted by Nalod:

C'mon guys, turn off the lava lamps, go outside and get some sun.

Yeah. But still, thank goodness for no spoon on this team!
Does anyone feel like it's still the preseason?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy