[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who would you rather have Curry or Bogut?
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2005  2:27 AM
Posted by MX25:

Bogut. Curry is the new Tim Thomas. "He just can't put it all together"

TT can't put anything together. Curry is a great scorer when he's on the floor
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/9/2005  2:46 AM
curry, I want a dominant player in the middle, Bogut will never dominate.. and after reading this thread, it seems like you guys are talking about wilt moreso than bogut, talk about overrating this clown....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
11/9/2005  3:22 AM
Bogut. Curry can score in the low post, which is great. But he has difficulty in everything else - including staying in shape.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
11/9/2005  4:21 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

bogut. bogut is already the best passing big man in the nba. UNREAL.
And I thuoght Nate was over rated!!!

Better than Brad Miller? Chris Webber? Are we getting just a weency bit ahead of ourselves? Or is it me?

Its tough to call, Bogut has only 4 games in. Very tough, maybe Bogut because of the amount of things he does well as opposed to Curry who really only does one thing well and sucks at every other aspect. Curry just really has the potential to be a Shaq type player though. Its tough.

Curry won't ever be as good as Shaq because Shaq is one of the best passers out of the post to ever play the game. Unless Curry can become that AND make rebounding a priority AND move his feet on defense AND learn timing so he can block shots, he'll never be a Shaq type player. The only thing they have in common is that they are both huge and are powerful in the post (even though Shaq has much better footwork).
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
MX25
Member: #555
USA
11/9/2005  5:34 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by MX25:

Bogut. Curry is the new Tim Thomas. "He just can't put it all together"

TT can't put anything together. Curry is a great scorer when he's on the floor

Yea like i said.He can't put it all together. Scoring,Defense,Staying on Floor.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2005  7:15 AM
Shaq was a terrible passer when he first came into the league. Thats one skill he really did develop as time when on.

I would say Bogut by a slight edge. Like Briggs I think Curry has a higher upside but less of a chance of reaching it than Bogut. Still, I'm putting my faith in Larry, the coaching staff and Curry's talent and I think this guy will be a 25 ppg and 55% scorer in this league.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
11/9/2005  8:37 AM
shaq developed into a great passer over the years. remember curry is only 22 who gets better every year. he will do better out of the post and take care of the ball better. i think bogut is a complete player. he is not a superstar and might never be but i think he could be an all- star. curry could be an all-star to but limited thus far with his abilities. the good news is that his limitations ( defense and rebounding) can be taught. he has footwork and post skills that surpass the usual big man and comes natural. but when it is all said and done bogut will have a better career.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2005  10:05 AM
my biggest worry with Curry is not whether he'll rebound & defend, which he does very well. It's whether he can keep doing it for 30 minutes. by the 20th minute he's already getting outrebounded because he's tired. He already has the heart problems now add all that extra weight and he's in trouble!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/9/2005  10:09 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

bogut. bogut is already the best passing big man in the nba. UNREAL.
And I thuoght Nate was over rated!!!

Better than Brad Miller? Chris Webber? Are we getting just a weency bit ahead of ourselves? Or is it me?

Its tough to call, Bogut has only 4 games in. Very tough, maybe Bogut because of the amount of things he does well as opposed to Curry who really only does one thing well and sucks at every other aspect. Curry just really has the potential to be a Shaq type player though. Its tough.

yes, sensationalism at it's best!!!

yes, brad and webber are great passers but in the context of him being 20 years old, i was astounded. he made some passes in the last two games where i was like "whoa". i think curry is going to be a beast for us. it really is a tough question but i've already seen a mean streak in bogut and nothing close to that in curry (even in his chicago days). and even though he's nowhere near as athletic as curry, i would give him the slight edge.
Who would you rather have Curry or Bogut?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy