[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What about Mourning?
Author Thread
NYX
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #272
6/29/2002  6:42 PM
Is it possible to trade Sprewell/Anderson for Mourning/House?
It would give us the Center to dominate the east!!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/29/2002  8:22 PM
Posted by NYX:

Is it possible to trade Sprewell/Anderson for Mourning/House?
It would give us the Center to dominate the east!!

bong me.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/29/2002  10:14 PM
Miami has Jones at the 2 and future All-Star Caron Butler at the 3. They don't need Spree and Anderson...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
6/30/2002  6:06 AM
The Knicks are rumored to be trying to get Ostertag for maybe Eisley & Othella, which is much less to give for a center with a kidney issue. Yup! Mourning will never be the same...look how far he helped Miami get last year. As for Ostertag, he just donated a Kidney!

We should either get Keon or Kandi...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
6/30/2002  9:17 AM
I sure hope we don't get Ostertag. He flat out sucks. We'd be better off playing Kurt at the center spot.

Keon is the one we should go for. Kandi wants too much money and it looks like he is happy in LA anyway.
We suck.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/30/2002  11:10 AM
I agree Keon is our guy but i still would like to keep Kurt if we aren't going to get anthing quality in return. Ostertag is not a viable option at all especially if we want to run. Keon is better suited for that kind of game. It is a very exciting thought of having Dice and Spree on the wings and Keon as the trailer isnt it. Of course you know that Allan doesnt run the break with the same zeal. At point guard we shouldn't make hasty decisions I like Nick (VanX} dont get me wrong but personally i feel we should make a better effort to get more youthful at that position seeing as how we have veteran help everywhere else. I am placing my endorsment on Frank Williams I think we got something special with him, I like his confidence and his physique allowing him to be the physical PG that we need and just look at it he is surrounded by talented players that will make his adjustment that much easier. With all of that in mind we have hope that our guys will take their jobs serious and refocus on the task at hand. That means that guys should be working out to come into camp in stellar shape because it does indeed make a difference. They say they want to run it isn't easy you got to be fit to play constant uptempo basketball.

P.S. We will be alright guys. In the words of Jesse Jackson
"keep hope alive"

Do we have a realistic chance at J Kidd next year? cause that
Would make us crazy
knicker for life
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/30/2002  3:28 PM
How about Antonio Davis? Do you think we could try to get him? He's a big guy, 6-11 with muscle and he can play the center position in the east and he could probably do better than Clark against bigger players. The only question is whether Toronto would be willing to trade him...

I think a key to us getting a player would be to trade our 4.5 million exception...for instance if we traded for Davis, which I admit is probably a long shot, we can trade ward/eisley, thomas and our exception. Then, toronto could combine the 4.5 million excpetions and sign Olowakandi for 9 million... (Can't they? or is that just my wishful thinking?). If you think about it, they get a younger true center and they get thomas who is solid, and ward who can back up the point guard position and who is in the last year of his contract. We get Davis and our line up is:

C: Davis/Knight/Harrington? (backup center is weak, maybe we can pick up jamal sampson from the bucks for cheap)
PF: Dice/Harrington/Weatherspoon
SF: Spree/Anderson
SG: Houston/Postell
PG: Williams/Eisley
I think that could take us pretty far
PF:

[Edited by - NYBaller on 06/30/2002 15:39:55]
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
6/30/2002  4:08 PM
Antonio Davis is fairly ok, but I think we can get a better 5 for what we'd be giving up. Also, Keon is younger and we can get him for that exception that you'd rather trade away...

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 06/30/2002 20:39:24]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
7/2/2002  9:04 AM
How about JJames???? Does he work.. The Post thinks so... and can the Knicks get him?????
The Old Man of UK...
Ris40fo
Member: #264
USA
7/2/2002  1:50 PM
Antonio Davis is 6'9. DALE Davis is 6'11 and he would be great for the knicks. But we probably can't get him
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/2/2002  3:39 PM
Posted by Ris40fo:

Antonio Davis is 6'9. DALE Davis is 6'11 and he would be great for the knicks. But we probably can't get him
You're right, my bad. Sorry about that...But I still think AD held his own against centers in the East before Hakeem arrived.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
What about Mourning?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy