[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Suggestion--play Mo taylor 35 minutes the next few games
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2005  10:12 AM
although i thought the trade was absurd, i do know that mo taylor can play, can possibly be a VALUE to us IF we INCREASE his TRADE VALUE. I belive Mo can do that HIMSELF by playing big minutes in 2-3 games. He has enough skills--obviously to put up a 20-10 game--one 20-10 game or close to it will rapidly increase his value in a league that has been shaken by injuries and lacks big men. Since we have no clear cut rotation, we are still finding ourselves, it might be a good idea to put the 9 mm dollar man to work, give him his full chance. ONE, and I mean ONE good game--and he is ABSOUTELY able to do it--I mean he did average near 20 points for a season--a game like 18 points 8 rebounds--and his market value skyrockets giving us the ability to dump him
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/8/2005  10:17 AM
We lose games by playing inferior vets. Play the young guys and play to win. Trade Mo when he has an expiring contract.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/8/2005  10:18 AM
He's playing better than Davis and Rose. I'd rather see him get the minutes. And yes, a couple of big games would dramatically improve his trade value.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/8/2005  10:27 AM
i would play him 20 mins as frye's BACKUP and that's it (in place of AD).

forget trade value - he makes $9+ mil for the next two years.
at the end of the day, his trade value is as an expiring $9 mil deal next year.

you start frye at PF. and you bring mo in with the 2nd unit. AD is odd man out or backup C with james on inactive.

there should be NO WAY mo gets minutes over frye now.

BUT if you want him to play one game, then do it vs. portland as they have the weaker defending frontcourt. gs, sac, utah, lakers, and denver are all pretty big down low.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-08-2005 10:29 AM]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2005  10:37 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

you start frye at PF. and you bring mo in with the 2nd unit. AD is odd man out or backup C with james on inactive.

BUT if you want him to play one game, then do it vs. portland as they have the weaker defending frontcourt. gs, sac, utah, lakers, and denver are all pretty big down low.

i look at it this way--there are two frontcourt positions that =96 minutes. right now eddie curry takes up about 24 and everything else is open. if we gave curry 24 frye 27 taylor 27 and Lee 17, that fills the bill.
RIP Crushalot😞
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/8/2005  10:44 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

We lose games by playing inferior vets. Play the young guys and play to win. Trade Mo when he has an expiring contract.

Mo T is arguably the best PF on our team. Who is he inferior to?
Frye is the only one who you could make an argument is better, and that still remains to be seen at this point.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/8/2005  11:01 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by djsunyc:

i look at it this way--there are two frontcourt positions that =96 minutes. right now eddie curry takes up about 24 and everything else is open. if we gave curry 24 frye 27 taylor 27 and Lee 17, that fills the bill.

I agree that those are good minutes to give to those players, however, I still think Antonio will get his 20 mpg, just b/c Larry loves the guy, and eventually, Curry will be getting more and more minutes. I really hope that, that Larry sees that giving AD so much time is hindering this team. He's just not that good anymore, and his defense his defense and rebounding is overrated.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/8/2005  12:39 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Mo T is arguably the best PF on our team. Who is he inferior to?
Frye is the only one who you could make an argument is better, and that still remains to be seen at this point.

If it were up to me, I'd split the PF minutes between Frye and Lee. Mo T and Butler could each get an occasional run, but under no circumstances would I give Mo 35 mpg. He still has a reputation of being an overpaid, lazy bum. We're not gonna get anything good for him if he has two or three good games. He'd need about 2 good months.
Suggestion--play Mo taylor 35 minutes the next few games

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy