[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why no talk of Q?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/7/2005  2:14 PM
i mean seriously, nothing really is coming out from the media or LB about Q? did he deserve to start the season at SG, especially after being out for all of preseason? i mean he showed up out of shape and got hurt b/c of it. LB played craw at PG the entire preseason yet demoted him on game day for Q. it doesn't make sense to me. and if we're not going to post up Q, then we don't need another 3 point chucker out there.

don't you find it curious that we're hearing almost NOTHING about Q? in fact, we really heard nothing FROM Q either. what's going on?

to me, i don't think Q has a place on this team long term. he can't handle the ball nor pass. so if we're not exploiting his size at the SG, then what can he do for us?

any thoughts?

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-07-2005 2:20 PM]
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
11/7/2005  2:28 PM
in fact, why would you play Q, if he's hurt? he's icing his back as soon as he gets off the court and he's clearly not healthy.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/7/2005  2:30 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

in fact, why would you play Q, if he's hurt? he's icing his back as soon as he gets off the court and he's clearly not healthy.

Brown wants him to die. That's his way of settling on a rotation.

[Edited by - Knight on 11-07-2005 2:31 PM]
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
11/7/2005  2:32 PM
Q has been nothing but a bag of ass for us so far
David f'n Lee for President!!
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/7/2005  2:35 PM
I heard that after his breakup with Brandy, Q was consoled by his friend Penny and this friendship has blossomed into something much more which explains why Q has not been able to concentrate entirely on basketball.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
efw
Member: #1002

11/7/2005  2:39 PM
The icing of his back is just precautionary. Q said he's been doing it forever. We'll probably see him do that the whole year.

He should be coming off the bench though. He should work his way back into the starting lineup from an injury. That's traditionally the way it's done. His shooting sucks. His posting sucks. His defense sucks. His passing sucks.

At this point, he really isn't a better starting 2 than Jamal. The only thing is, Larry sees Jamal as the leader of the 2nd unit. That's not something to scoff at. Jamal may not like it, but it's a pretty important role. Especially when you're playing 12 men. I think though, if the rotation ever does get shortened to 7 or 8 guys, both JC and Q should be starting. JC's young enough to play a lot of minutes. He can still be in with the 2nd unit when the other starters are resting. The second unit is for guys like Ariza, Lee, Robinson, and Frye. That's it.

I think LB's trying to send a message to Jamal though.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/7/2005  2:54 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

to me, i don't think Q has a place on this team long term. he can't handle the ball nor pass. so if we're not exploiting his size at the SG, then what can he do for us?
DJ, is there a single player on this franchise who you think has a place on this team long term?
LOL!!!

3 games, and he doesn't have a place on the team? how about lets take it easy and see how the offense plays out. LB is far more concerned with rebounds and defense and in those regards we have made excellent progress over 3 games.

He hasn't figured out the offense, but he has figured out the defense.

djsunyc
11/7/2005  2:59 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

DJ, is there a single player on this franchise who you think has a place on this team long term?
LOL!!!

3 games, and he doesn't have a place on the team? how about lets take it easy and see how the offense plays out. LB is far more concerned with rebounds and defense and in those regards we have made excellent progress over 3 games.

He hasn't figured out the offense, but he has figured out the defense.

haha - yes...THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

who i see on this team longterm - craw, ariza, frye, lee, curry, and possibly nate.
who i see just doesn't fit right now - ad, malik, mo, james
who i see as a question mark - steph and Q

unless we use Q in the low post, we don't need his sub 40% 3-point shooting. he doesn't help in the ball movement either. that's why i can't see him lasting a long while here. his skillset just doesn't "fit" longterm with us as we can see the LB doesn't want to play him at SF.

yes, it's early...it's very early. but damn if a 60 win team didn't trade Q AND their pick for kurt. that's a red flag to me.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/7/2005  3:11 PM
Q is not shooting well, but he did grab 6 boards, that is more than TT would grab in a week.. Q will be fine, needs to get his touch back, he is defending pretty well, he is hitting the boards, but most of all, he is not getting posted by other teams SG..... I mean are we that bored now, we need to start picking on Q?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
11/7/2005  3:12 PM
the original question was why we haven't heard ANYTHING from Q or about Q. this was a major acquisition for us since we moved kurt for him and nate but not a peep about him. nothing positive, nothing negative. i just find that odd considering we hear about everyone else on the team.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/7/2005  3:36 PM
because q is all good...he had a bad offensive game, but still grabbed 6 boards. that's normal, nothing to write home about and nothing to complain about.

The news has been the play of the rooks and the lack of play from the overpaid vets.

Q was still the second most sought after swing man in the league 2 year's ago after Kobe...that means he's pretty much a lock for productivity and smart play.

Like i said...nothing to write home about and nothing to complain about.

that's why you haven't heard ANYTHING from Q or about Q.
all kool aid all the time.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/7/2005  5:30 PM
Q actually played very well in the first game against Boston. I didn't get to see the Warriors game (though from the looks of it he sucked) but I saw that Q couldn't do anything against Washington.

Idk what to say though, I think once Larry pans out a rotation and sticks with it, then several players will be playing better.

We haven't really utilized Q at all either. From the two games I saw, we never really set any plays for him which is weird since he is our starting SG right now (and from what I've seen in the past he is a pretty good one). Again though, I think this mostly stems down from Larry coaching the first 3 games of the season like its still preseason. Well, I shouldn't say the first 3 games because it looked like he had a plan in game 1 against Boston (i.e. play the vets) but there has been no consistency in the rotation after that.

[Edited by - s3231 on 11-07-2005 5:33 PM]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
rojasmas
Member: #639
11/7/2005  8:12 PM
Q ain't gonna fit in with this coach, period. Healthy or not. Trade him and Crawford as soon as possible. Play Ariza, Lee and Nate more.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
rvhoss
Switzerland
11/7/2005  8:56 PM
who could we get? who do we need? I'd do that in a heartbeat if it got us a versatile combination of the two of them, someone with the skills to create his own shot and deadly from long range AND can post up.

Paul pierce is the only player that comes to mind.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/7/2005  9:10 PM
Q started late due to the hammy pull. It's taking a little bit longer for him to find his groove in even the limited capacity the other players have had, having benefitted from a full training camp (not yet to be significantly seen yet, but true).
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/7/2005  9:22 PM
Why is everyone so against Q? I mean, geez, it's not like we gave up the farm for him. We gave up KT, who many think Frye is already better than. We also got Nate, who everyone has already heralded as the next great PG to enter the league. So, what's the story? We were weak at SG, we got a good SG for basically nothing. Don't see the issue here.
rvhoss
Switzerland
11/7/2005  9:41 PM
they just need somebody to dog.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2005  11:49 PM
Q [IMG_block] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/Desmond_llewelyn.jpg/250px-Desmond_llewelyn.jpg [/IMG_block]
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
11/8/2005  3:01 AM
Hindsight is 20-20 but if we were able to trade Kurt to Indiana for James Jones and the #1 (Danny Granger), that would have been infinitely better.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/8/2005  5:53 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

Hindsight is 20-20 but if we were able to trade Kurt to Indiana for James Jones and the #1 (Danny Granger), that would have been infinitely better.

I don't recall that trade rumor. Was that a possibility and we turned it down or is this just speculation?
why no talk of Q?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy