[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jerome James reminds me of...
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/8/2005  10:14 AM
Dampier is a good player should be better. He's a good defender and shot blocker and can be great on the boards. He's got big consistancy issues and when he's not involved in the offense he tends to loaf or disappear (if there is a difference).
I'd agree with all that. My only point was that they both play the same position and drastically underachieve (JJ much more so). If you agree with that point, then you and I are in no disagreement on the topic. People bringing up Shaq and Nash are reading things into my statement that some to come from nowhere.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-08-2005 10:15 AM]
AUTOADVERT
efw
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1002

11/8/2005  10:32 AM
Holy crap, imagine if we had never gotten Curry? How crummy would this team look? Jerome James, our only center?!

The knicks definitely dodged a bullet with Curry. None of us realized how slow a start Jerome would get off to.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/8/2005  12:35 PM
Posted by efw:

Holy crap, imagine if we had never gotten Curry? How crummy would this team look? Jerome James, our only center?!

The knicks definitely dodged a bullet with Curry. None of us realized how slow a start Jerome would get off to.
Sweetney and Frye would probably be starting at PF/C with JJ off the bench (or starting and quickly departing due to foul trouble).

Knickem
Member: #517
11/8/2005  3:40 PM
Looking back at when we got James we were desperate for a big man. The season showed that our #1 priority was to get bigger. When you looked around at who was available James was the only key big man out there with upside (there's that word we all love). He had just come off a good series and he showed the potential that we were looking for (blocked shots, clogs up the middle). At the time the contract seemed fair considering he was a big man with potential and they don't come cheat historically. Unfortunately as of now he's been a big bust who plays like he's getting paid to foul for 10 minutes then sit the rest of the game out, looking mad as if to say “it’s not my fault” , Yes it is!!! He’s given us nothing to even hope he’s going to get better, to think we got him to be our starter...Yikes

I’m hoping he gets his game together soon, it will get very ugly at the Garden if he continues to play the way he does. New York is a tough town, and we put our hearts into our sports teams, so we expect you to play with some heart. Show some hustle and love for the game and you will become a fan favorite. Play Fugazy and were giving you the Bronx cheer and screaming more obscenities at you than the opposing team. Hopefully James will come around, maybe the best thing for him is that LB makes him inactive and let him get in shape and work his way back. I would hate to see the crowd turn on him so soon because he does seem very sensitive. I would hate that he never lived up to the potential and all he ever reminded us of was Kevin Duckworth.
Knick Ball 4ever...
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/8/2005  3:49 PM
Posted by Knickem:

Looking back at when we got James we were desperate for a big man. The season showed that our #1 priority was to get bigger. When you looked around at who was available James was the only key big man out there with upside (there's that word we all love). He had just come off a good series and he showed the potential that we were looking for (blocked shots, clogs up the middle). At the time the contract seemed fair considering he was a big man with potential and they don't come cheat historically.

therein lies the problem. the key word in your post was DESPERATE and what i strongly disagree with is the word POTENIAL as he's almost 30 and has been the same player his entire career, not the player he was for 5 games against a broken-legged cripple for a center.

Knickem
11/8/2005  4:05 PM
I don't think potential is a bad word for anybody. Like a lot of us in the real world, we don't reach our potential or know who we are until later on in life. It doesn't hurt to keep striving as long as you know what that is. It's the expectations that others feel your potential should be that is sometimes hard to fullfill.

Hopefully James knows his potential is 20 & 10 and he's working towards it :)
Knick Ball 4ever...
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
11/8/2005  4:36 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

therein lies the problem. the key word in your post was DESPERATE and what i strongly disagree with is the word POTENIAL as he's almost 30 and has been the same player his entire career, not the player he was for 5 games against a broken-legged cripple for a center.

LOL, I wouldnt go as far as to describe brad miller as a cripple, but you do have a point. still though he did have an okay series against the spurs where he averaged 8.5/4.6/1.5, but from the way things look so far even that would be too much to expect from him in a non-contract year

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/8/2005  4:51 PM
jerome james reminds me of...

Knickem
11/8/2005  8:14 PM
I thought that was the back of Clarence Weatherspoons neck...
Knick Ball 4ever...
Knight
Member: #968
11/8/2005  11:49 PM
I still think JJ breaks the 9 man rotation--only because of his size.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Jerome James reminds me of...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy