[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looking at the bright side
Author Thread
Erniecat
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #851
11/7/2005  2:39 AM
Some of you might not want to read this, but if we allow ourselves to be objective and rational and think about the long term, what we've seen so far is a good thing. The young players have proven already they can play at this level and play effectively. And this even includes Curry, who has shown that he is a nearly unstoppable offensive force when he's on the court. Sure, he has issues. But at 22, he will improve and learn. It just takes time.

Think about it. In Curry, Frye and Ariza, we have a frontline that averages 21.3 years old and has so much room for improvement and gives us so much hope that it will be a very strong frontline in a couple of years, and maybe even an elite frontline someday.

If there was a positive to come out of Sunday's loss, it's that the rookies were terrific, and the vets blatantly blew it, giving Larry Brown every reason to play the youngsters even more now. Brown is not a fool (despite what many board members think). He is giving his vets a legit chance to prove they should be keeping the young guns on the bench. And equally important, he is showing the youngsters they will have to earn their playing time and give 100 percent 100 percent of the time. That's not a bad lesson for a rookie, and it's the way it should be done. Besides, it's not like any of our rookies is a LeBron James type player who is guaranteed to start from Day 1. OK, so Frye and Lee had to wait a game or two to make their initial NBA mark. Big deal. If it makes them one bit hungrier and tougher, it was worth it.

If this is still an issue 20 games on, I won't be too happy. But for now, I really do believe there is a method to Brown's madness, and it is a method that makes sense and will pay off down the road.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2005  8:53 AM
I heard that.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/7/2005  9:26 AM
I agree. I think what he is doing will make the vets raise their level of intensity.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/7/2005  9:29 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I agree. I think what he is doing will make the vets raise their level of intensity.

all of these points are valid. BUT yesterday, it was a CLEAR case that the rookies were the reason we were winning and even after 3 consecutive minutes of crap play by the vets (from the 6-3 min. mark in the 4th), he still didn't put that young unit back in to try to close out the game. he is playing his motivational games WITH VETERANS(?!?!?!) at the expense of wins now.

rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/7/2005  9:30 AM
they will have too, brown is a teacher first, he knows that you can manufacture all the wins you want, but if you don't teach your team how to win, then they will simply be a 33 win team.

last year's 16 - 13 start appears to be more manufactured than the team actually winning.

This year I feel we have improved our weaknesses in each game.

while there really is no explanation for marbs, craws and Q's offensive woes, there can be no denying they are defending and rebounding better.
all kool aid all the time.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/7/2005  9:58 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

last year's 16 - 13 start appears to be more manufactured than the team actually winning.

Let's not forget an extremely easy schedule to start the season and Crawford hitting a few game winning shots during that timeframe.
Looking at the bright side

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy