[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

since lb's experimenting, then why not do this for one game?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/7/2005  12:04 AM
pg - craw
sg - steph
sf - Q
pf - frye
c - curry

why not try that for one game this trip and see what happens? i mean he's willing to throw the big game out there to start, so why not throw frye out there? or is he scared that frye's not ready to handle a situation like that? come on lb - let's go already, wake the f ck up!!!
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/7/2005  12:09 AM
Frye is ready. I feel so good about how he looks out on that floor. It is pretty clear rebounding will not be a problem for him. Offensively, the sky is the limit. That kid has alot of guts, his second fg attempt in his NBA career was a three pointer, because the defender sagged off of him and he felt he could hit it. You gotta love that. Frye is gonna be special.

But I would prefer
Steph
Q
Ariza
Frye
Curry

I honestly feel that is our best all around lineup.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 11-07-2005 12:10 AM]
djsunyc
11/7/2005  12:24 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

But I would prefer
Steph
Q
Ariza
Frye
Curry

I honestly feel that is our best all around lineup.

killa, i disagree with you on that lineup b/c it still leaves steph as the lone ball handler. that's why our offense to start games has been so suspect. he has to dominate the ball and the defense can double up on him. where is the ball movement coming from then? i like ariza to start also but then that leaves our 2nd unit weak as Q is either hurt or just plain sucks. steph needs help with the ball and jamal can help him.

attaboy2005
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #992

11/7/2005  1:15 AM
I say start:
Steph
Q
Ariza
Frye
Butler

Then bring in the Vets when if and this doesn't pan out, what the hell, Butler isn't that bad he can certainly be better than Rose, Taylor and James altogether.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/7/2005  1:31 AM
After tonights game, our best lineup had Ariza, Lee and Frye on the Floor.

I say:
Marb
Ariza
Lee
Frye
Curry

This team is our best lineup.
This is the Randle.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/7/2005  1:37 AM
Any combination of Marbury and the kids makes sense because they are clearly the best players on this roster. The player who worries me the most right now is Craw.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/7/2005  1:49 AM
Confidence....that is what Channing Frye has. He has his game face on and he is playing to win. I love it. No way is this kid soft. I can't believe they were trying to sell that to us. Good to see the effort he brings in a Knick uniform. He was looking alot like Duncan at one point. He must have scored 4 baskets straight at one point.

WTF is up with the rotaion? Larry Brown is killing me.

Start Channing, Ariza, Curry, Marbs and Q. He's gotta keep Lee, Nate, Davis, and Craw active and unleash Butler already.....what's up with that? Jerome James is not in shape that bastard. Make him inactive till he can get his conditioning up to par.

I'm all for playing vets cuz they have experience but if they suck then play the kids. Come on already. He keeps saying that the guys are playing hard and well in practice so play them in the games. Rose is not a bad player, neither is Taylor, or Big Game....but damn.

What is this whole "I'm not sure who to play bull****!?!?"
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/7/2005  2:22 AM
I like Frye starting-- he's an active body on both ends of the court. His long arms change a lot of jump shots. At this point, I think Ariza has earned the majority of the minutes at SF. Barnes has been a fantastic find, but Ariza is an exciting player who's a jumper away from being something special-- I think the Josh Howard comparisons are on point. I think it's awesome that he tries to throw down everything.

I'm not sure what the deal is w/ Curry--- was he always this prone to offensive fouls w/ the Bulls? He's so strong and quick for his size that he can do anything at will near the basket. Maybe it'll take him a few years to become a consistently productive player, cuz these fouls really take him out of the game.

I concur w/ Killa4luv's lineup. The key for the Knicks is to figure out a set rotation. Barnes's quality play thus far and Richardson's injury and slow start have complicated things--- I don't think anyone expected Barnes to be starting. I think if you subtract Barnes from the equation, all of the minutes fall into place a lot better.

Of course... the fact is that Barnes is playing solid ball for our team and is definitely deserving of minutes at this time-- it's just keeping our more highly paid guards (Craw/Q) from getting a good rhythm.

Someone needs to sit. I don't think we'll need to trade anyone away necessarily, cuz injuries do happen...

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/7/2005  7:38 AM
everytime JC touches the ball he's afraid to make a mistake. He needs to get in a rythm and that means minutes. He's playing hard on D and yesterday we looked good with the 3 guard line up.
I like the
Marbury/JC/Q/Frye/Curry line up myself. Then you have Nate, Lee, Barnes and AD off the bench. Put Big Game, Mo and Penny on IR, and use Rose for foul trouble. The only time this team has played well is when they are in motion and hustling around on D. That means young fresh legs. Also our smaller line ups have been MUCH better than our slower bigger ones.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
11/7/2005  9:16 AM
another big question is why hasn't he played craw and curry together for long stretches? these guys are not only best friends off the court but have played together for years in chicago and have on court chemistry. yet he doesn't play them together. why? i know he's larry brown but some of these things seem quite evident to us common folk, no?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/7/2005  9:16 AM
I think Brown is playing mind games with some of the players- so I say stick Curry to the bench and start this line up

Nate
Marb
Ariza
Lee
Frye

Get your energy players out there to start the game and set the pace- then sub in Curry, JC, Barnes, AD as needed.

I think Q has caught TT's disease- he has looked completely lost- I mean if you threw someone from the stands out there they wouldn't look worse than he has.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/7/2005  9:49 AM
After watching what a solid second unit can bring, and the importance of getting the other team's bigs in foul trouble, I'd like to see brown go with the following lineup:
Marbs
Q
Ariza
Frye
Curry

I wouldn't mind seeing another ball handler on the floor with marbs, so I'm gonna hedge my bet and say replace Ariza with Craw and play ! at the 3:
Marbs
Crawford
Q
Frye
Curry

That gives us the two ball handlers necessary to bring the ball up court and set up plays, gives us the low post presence to run from the set offense, and gives us the outside shooting we crave from Q.

So...I'd take any of the two lineups above.

Good posts fellas.
all kool aid all the time.
TheSage
Member: #386
11/7/2005  11:42 AM
LB has one of the best coaching minds the game has ever seen. I do not know the method he is using but you can sure as hell be certain that there is a plan to his mindset. He is not blind, he saw the kids getting tired, Frye missing easy shots, Nate out of control and logically should have put Curry back in and rotated in a vet or two at a time but he has a bigger plan in mind. Let's let him play it out.

It's an old saw that the early games count as much as the later games in the season but the teams that win in the playoffs are usually the ones playing well going into them.

He's building the foundation and will gradually connet the dots. Take a deep breath and let the construction continue
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/8/2005  7:01 AM

dj!!!why is so hard for you all to realize that Craw and Marburry can't coexist together on the court??? They are both bad defensively, and they have a lot of TOs when on the court together...

Posted by djsunyc:

pg - craw
sg - steph
sf - Q
pf - frye
c - curry

why not try that for one game this trip and see what happens? i mean he's willing to throw the big game out there to start, so why not throw frye out there? or is he scared that frye's not ready to handle a situation like that? come on lb - let's go already, wake the f ck up!!!

The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/8/2005  7:03 AM
Dude!!! I agree with you 100%

Posted by EnySpree:

Confidence....that is what Channing Frye has. He has his game face on and he is playing to win. I love it. No way is this kid soft. I can't believe they were trying to sell that to us. Good to see the effort he brings in a Knick uniform. He was looking alot like Duncan at one point. He must have scored 4 baskets straight at one point.

WTF is up with the rotaion? Larry Brown is killing me.

Start Channing, Ariza, Curry, Marbs and Q. He's gotta keep Lee, Nate, Davis, and Craw active and unleash Butler already.....what's up with that? Jerome James is not in shape that bastard. Make him inactive till he can get his conditioning up to par.

I'm all for playing vets cuz they have experience but if they suck then play the kids. Come on already. He keeps saying that the guys are playing hard and well in practice so play them in the games. Rose is not a bad player, neither is Taylor, or Big Game....but damn.

What is this whole "I'm not sure who to play bull****!?!?"

The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
11/8/2005  9:43 AM
Posted by diderotn:

dj!!!why is so hard for you all to realize that Craw and Marburry can't coexist together on the court??? They are both bad defensively, and they have a lot of TOs when on the court together...

dido - i think it's the EXACT opposite once we move marbury to the SG role exclusively. do not, and i mean, do not be surprised if crawford is starting wednesday night. there probably will be a lineup change and my gut tells me crawford will be inserted for Q.

now that some time has passed to digest, i think lb saw that Q chucking away three's, is not helping us and in all honesty, didn't really deserve to start the season as the SG. but i guess the 1st three games was his audition. now lb knows that he can't help move the ball nor dribble it. so his role will have to be altered. and i think lb already stated that he doesn't like Q at the 3, and if you think about it, look at all the previous SF's lb has used (prince, mckey, etc.). he doesn't fit the mold so i think Q will be put on the bench in favor of jamal as soon as wednesday.

i would go the extra mile and throw ariza and frye out there as well...and this may happen.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-08-2005 09:44 AM]
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/8/2005  9:48 AM
if he's not going to run any plays for Q, then start him at the 3 and let reezy come in for him, barnes may be hustling his way to the energy squad.
all kool aid all the time.
since lb's experimenting, then why not do this for one game?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy