[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I love Knicks fans
Author Thread
King1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #998
USA
11/6/2005  8:09 PM
I am a midwest guy and I love the passion of Knick fans. You blow up what is considered one of the best coaches of all time, let him do his thing he knows what he is doing. The Knicks have a bunch of over paid overrated players. It will take time to weed out this team. The rookies are going to be fine give Lee and Frye some minutes and they will do some great things and some dumb things. The one thing you will get from both is unselfish play, and energy. There is a lot of changes on this team. I think next year I want to do my fantasy baseball team with New york fans. If A-rod goes 0 for 4 the first game he would be on the trading block. I think this team is going to be fine, but right now it isnt a team. You will see some guys ran off this team and LB has a plan just let execute it. I think today was a perfect example he gave the vets a chance to finish the game today. They failed but he still had a positive outlook on the game, because of the rookies. If he would have kept the rookies in and they lost then everyone would have said you stayed with the rookies too long. Protect the rookies and down the road they will be getting more significant minutes.
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  8:18 PM
I love you man.
all kool aid all the time.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2005  8:20 PM
You couldn't be more right King.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
King1
USA
11/6/2005  8:35 PM
I coach a select team and two of the guys I coached both played for Brown as rookies. Larry Hughes was hard headed, and him and Brown clashed. Once he matured he became a solid player in the pros. David is just working hard, and his time will come. Playing for LB is hard but most kids realize that he is a genius and it made them better players down the road. They want David to learn the 3 so he can get minutes there when they go with a big lineup Notice today Murphy couldnt guard him on the wing
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2005  8:36 PM
The point is that Larry owes no loyalty to veterans that have never won for him. What he is doing is just dumb.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/6/2005  8:42 PM
>What he is doing is just dumb.

And what you are wrting is just plain dumber

Why can't Larry Brown be allowed to do his job without picking apart every single game and every single move?

You build one step at a time

No time for crybabies
once a knick always a knick
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  8:44 PM
Posted by Rich:

The point is that Larry owes no loyalty to veterans that have never won for him. What he is doing is just dumb.

I don't think he's showing loyalty, I think it's more of a confidence thing. Your right he owes these vets absolutely nothing but I'm sure he's found that coaching for as long as he has that rookies for the most part don't play well as veterans. As all of us and Larry have found out, these rookies are heady and Larry isn't afraid to play them now, as evident by their Minutes Played. Frye's minutes have only gone up, Nates have only went up and Lee's are only going to go up if he plays like he did today. Larry isn't stupid.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2005  8:46 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Rich:

I don't think he's showing loyalty, I think it's more of a confidence thing. Your right he owes these vets absolutely nothing but I'm sure he's found that coaching for as long as he has that rookies for the most part don't play well as veterans. As all of us and Larry have found out, these rookies are heady and Larry isn't afraid to play them now, as evident by their Minutes Played. Frye's minutes have only gone up, Nates have only went up and Lee's are only going to go up if he plays like he did today. Larry isn't stupid.

Except the game turned when he took out the rookies, but he didn't put Frye back in until the game was virtually out of reach.

If he had quality veterans, I could understand what he was doing, but Rose and Barnes are below average players.

nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  8:49 PM
Posted by Rich:

Except the game turned when he took out the rookies, but he didn't put Frye back in until the game was virtually out of reach.

If he had quality veterans, I could understand what he was doing, but Rose and Barnes are below average players.

It was evident when the rookies came out that they were all winded beacuse they were huffing and puffing on the bench. They needed a break and they got one. Am I happy Rose came in? No. Who else could Larry have put in? I have no idea, but I'll go with Larrys instincts. I honestly can't believe this is still a topif of discussion.

King1
USA
11/6/2005  8:53 PM
You give the vets a chance to prove themselves early in the season to prove what they can do. Then you give the rookies their chance and then you make decisions on your rotation. You dont want to lose all your vets and if you play them and fail they cant say anything
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2005  8:53 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Rich:

It was evident when the rookies came out that they were all winded beacuse they were huffing and puffing on the bench. They needed a break and they got one. Am I happy Rose came in? No. Who else could Larry have put in? I have no idea, but I'll go with Larrys instincts. I honestly can't believe this is still a topif of discussion.
Well hopefully Larry has learned now and will start the young guys. That way they'll be winded in the middle of each half but they'll start and finish each half

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2005  9:14 PM
hey.. Mo T, JJ and co havent let me down. I want to see the young guys play they are doing EVERYTHING they can to help make that happen.

Keep it up fellas
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2005  10:51 AM
I did just delete a BUNCH of posts. You guys are wasting all of our time with this "he-said, she said" stuff. Stop it already. This is an otherwise very revealing thread and it nearly got dragged into the toilet.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
I love Knicks fans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy