[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New NYTimes article:
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/6/2005  6:03 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/sports/basketball/06knicks-wire.html

"I won't play the rookies all the time, but they earned it," Brown said. "It's going to take some time. We're trying to figure out who can play and who can help us."

What the hell does that mean?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2005  6:05 PM
Posted by Knight:

"I won't play the rookies all the time, but they earned it," Brown said. "It's going to take some time. We're trying to figure out who can play and who can help us."

It means quit reading way to far into this and watch the games. Larry Brown has earned the right to not be second-guessed 3 games into the season.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
anklebraker
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #987
USA
11/6/2005  6:05 PM
that means he wants to play them but wants every one to forget what he said earlier that he doesn't want to play them at the same time lol
It's funny how this whole world is based on one dummy controlling another,and the leader dummy was chosen by a whole bunch of dummies.
Knight
11/6/2005  6:07 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

It means quit reading way to far into this and watch the games. Larry Brown has earned the right to not be second-guessed 3 games into the season.

0-3...hasn't earned much really. How much is he getting paid?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
11/6/2005  6:10 PM
Posted by Knight:

You have got to be kidding me.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Knight
11/6/2005  6:11 PM
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Knight:

Is anyone saying that Larry has done a better job with this Knicks team than any other coach could have? Because he's getting paid as the best coach in the universe right now.
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  6:13 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Knight:

Is anyone saying that Larry has done a better job with this Knicks team than any other coach could have? Because he's getting paid as the best coach in the universe right now.

What is your point. Who cares how much he's getting paid. He can't turn dirt into gold. He's working with what he's got.
Knight
11/6/2005  6:17 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Knight:

What is your point. Who cares how much he's getting paid. He can't turn dirt into gold. He's working with what he's got.

By starting Jerome James and playing unworthy vets he is trying to turn dirt into gold which is foolish. That's my point. There are many coaches out there I believe who would be smarter than that and play the better players and maybe even win a game!
tomverve
11/6/2005  6:22 PM
Posted by Knight:

I'm betting that Larry will have done a better job with this Knicks team after 82 games have been played than just about any other coach could have done. You're freaking out after 3 games. Give me a break, just pathetic. Get over yourself, go out and have a drink.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  6:22 PM
Posted by Knight:

By starting Jerome James and playing unworthy vets he is trying to turn dirt into gold which is foolish. That's my point. There are many coaches out there I believe who would be smarter than that and play the better players and maybe even win a game!

The amount of "What have you done for me lately" on this board is absolutely ridiculous.

Knight
11/6/2005  6:27 PM
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Knight:

I'm betting that Larry will have done a better job with this Knicks team after 82 games have been played than just about any other coach could have done. You're freaking out after 3 games. Give me a break, just pathetic. Get over yourself, go out and have a drink.

That's speculation. I'm basing my position on FACTS--we are 0-3 and Larry's experiment looks ridiculous to most of us. It is so evident to us who should be playing.
Knight
11/6/2005  6:30 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

The amount of "What have you done for me lately" on this board is absolutely ridiculous.

If you forgot, the goal of a basketball game is to win. If you want to argue that playing JJ and Malik will help us down the line go ahead.
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  6:31 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

If you forgot, the goal of a basketball game is to win. If you want to argue that playing JJ and Malik will help us down the line go ahead.

If you've read my posts I don't agree with them playing. At the same time I also realize how meticulous Larry Brown is and that he's getting a feel for his rotation and who wants playing with each other. It's not that hard to tell whats going on. This is LARRY BROWN, this is the best coach to coach the New York Knicks maybe ever. CHILL OUT.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 11-06-2005 6:32 PM]
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  6:35 PM
He is just saying that unlike popular demand, he won't just start every rookie and play them all game. He is not here to please people, he is here to win and he thought that he would with the vets. I believe the most important part of that qoute is the secont one:

This tells me Larry is seeing his best team is the one where the rookies play significant minutes. Not all the game, but significant minutes...
Knicks_Fan
tomverve
11/6/2005  6:54 PM
Posted by Knight:

That's speculation. I'm basing my position on FACTS--we are 0-3 and Larry's experiment looks ridiculous to most of us. It is so evident to us who should be playing.

You seem to suffer from Briggsitis. Three games is three games. Here we went and signed one of the all time coaching greats and you're ready to burn him in effigy because of a 3 game losing streak. Goddamn, get a grip. If you meet the woman of your dreams, do you go and dump her because you had a bad week together? Hell no. Well, I wouldn't, maybe you would.

You my friend are the worst of the worst kind of sports fan. You know how they always say you can't rebuild in New York? Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong, but either way, when they say that it's fans like YOU they have in mind. Thanks for existing.
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  6:57 PM
Posted by tomverve:

You my friend are the worst of the worst kind of sports fan. You know how they always say you can't rebuild in New York? Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong, but either way, when they say that it's fans like YOU they have in mind. Thanks for existing.

I said the same exact thing earlier, Tom. Theres a idea around sports that you cant rebuild in New York becuase the fans will never allow it and then you come here and you would think that real fans would want to rebuild. I think most on here are patient enough to realize this is going to take time and that reading into ANYTHING Larry Brown does in the first 25 games of the season, let alone the first 3 is trivial. I really don't get it.

CrashDMB237
Member: #759
11/6/2005  7:00 PM
This has got to be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen...
http://homeoftheknicks.com
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2005  7:16 PM
Larry is worrying me.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  7:21 PM
it's funny, there are friends of mine that had their favorite team watch, jacket, blanket, etc. and I swear, he goes BESERK when his teams lose, I mean, it's literally the end of the world.

So maybe those that are going crazy are really the true fans?

i dunno...he was born and raised in New york, and he's no fan of rebuilding and wouldn't tolerate it at any costs.

So, the way it sounds is that Zeke was right...there will be no rebuilding in new york, but there can be a happy medium.

And i think that's our knicks...half the team is under 25 and they are leading a change...in the real world, every coach puts his second unit in to get the team back in the game, but they always go back to the vets, it's just coaching 101.

3rd game of the season, i can understand it, I didn't throw anything at the tele, but when rose got his shot blocked, game was basically over.

but...you gotta love that run by the rooks...imagine when those same players aren't rooks anymore.
all kool aid all the time.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2005  7:44 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by Knight:

I can't imagine what you or Briggs would have done had you been Bulls' fans last year when the team started 0-9. You might have been hospitalized after game 4 or 5.

New NYTimes article:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy