[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Larry Brown blows it? Loyalty to veterans?
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/6/2005  4:26 PM
I think we can all see it--- this whole loyalty bologna to veterans hurt the Knicks today. All the momentum was in our favor with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, then we took it all away when our rookies were taken out of the game.

Instead, he opted to make wholescale changes and dropped in a cold lineup. In crunch time, we had no shot blockers... and no defenders w/ quick hands. We also didn't even put in Mr. Instant Offense (Curry) when our offense went cold.

They've been on the floor together since the summer leagues, so the rookies' chemistry together (with Ariza) was obvious as the Knicks roared to a lead in the 4th. They dominated the boards and dominated defensively with their youthful energy.

I think it's time Larry Brown stops BSing with the lineup and just keeps these young guys in the rotation. Their overwhelming talent and enthusiasm overcomes any "veteran" smarts. It's not like our veterans are automatic (folks like Mo Taylor, Rose, and heck, even Crawford or Marbury) when it comes down to making good decisions.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
11/6/2005  4:29 PM
I agree. but I dont think it had anything to do with loyalty though..
Topic LOCKED
Larry Brown blows it? Loyalty to veterans?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy