[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
11/6/2005  4:10 PM
After watching just a few games this year and all the games last year and taking into account Isiah's track record, can't we just accept the fact that he's a GREAT talent evaluator and can outdraft basically any NBA team with the exception of a few, he just can't make trades or FA signings.

Jerome James is a bust.
Tim Thomas was a bust.
Richardson and Crawford are non-factors, coming here MSG management convinced us they were on the cusp of being bigtime players.
Nazr Mohammed did nothing.

But he's drafted well. Camby was a solid pick back in the day, and he found TMac. Ariza's going to develop into an All-Star, Frye looks good, Lee and Nate look like they'll be players. Was LB brought in here to not only be a head coach but make trades (as he was known to do in the past?)

Until Isiah learns how to not get swindled on trades, or until the rookies he drafts grow up, it'll be hard to expect a lot from him.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2005  4:15 PM
It's weird how he has such great ability to judge talent in the draft but when it comes to making trades its like his eye for talent drops. I'm not ready to call Q a bust yet but I agree about Craw, TT and JJ.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/6/2005  4:20 PM
But look at the guys we traded--Isiah had garbage to work with from the beginning--it's not as if we had any real trading leverage with guys like Spoon.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/6/2005  4:21 PM
In fairness, he trade for Eddy Curry and Q. I think both trades will work out for us.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  4:24 PM
Don't agree with the "Nazr Mohammed did nothing" statement. He did the best he could with his talent and was great for us at C. Big Game has been a total dissapointment, but something has to be done because this can't continue!
Knicks_Fan
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/6/2005  5:43 PM
It sure looks that way. It would be great if we could just accept being in "rebuilding" mode.
https:// It's not so hard.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/6/2005  7:54 PM
I just think that it's the Vets that are having a problem buying into LB's System because they have been around long enough to learn alot of bad habits, so it makes it harder for them to adapt, improvise and overcome these bad habits, and make good ones. Where as the kids are Pups they can be trained easier since they haven't acquire those bad habits and they came out of good college systems.
That's probably why it appears that IT can draft better than trade because the kids can be molded into good players and the Vets are old Dogs who need to learn new tricks!.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  7:56 PM
marbs is adapting (the one person everyone said it would be impossible to adapt) and LB still has him at the point to boot.

Gotta luv the tabloids.
all kool aid all the time.
OngBok
Member: #894
Thailand
11/6/2005  8:05 PM
You guys forget Zeke had this crap to work with......

SPOON
WARD
EISLEY
WILLIAMS
BAKER
LAMPE
NORRIS
KT

Well you get the picture, no need to go on..
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
OngBok
Member: #894
Thailand
11/6/2005  8:05 PM
I love Marbs defense in this game, especially in the 4th qtr when he was in with the rookies
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/6/2005  8:08 PM
Posted by OngBok:

You guys forget Zeke had this crap to work with......

SPOON
WARD
EISLEY
WILLIAMS
BAKER
LAMPE
NORRIS
KT

Well you get the picture, no need to go on..
Exactly.

And the book isn't written on Q or even James after 3 games.

Nazr was a solid ass player for us, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Steph had him ranked among the top Centers in the game in scoring.

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  8:08 PM
yeah, zeke traded crap for serviceable crap, he's not a magician.

MoT has not had abuse since the season started...all the other lumps of coal either came with diamonds or turned into diamonds:
for example, Rose came with lee, Tiny Tim turned into Curry.
all kool aid all the time.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2005  8:35 PM
He needs to get rid of Rose, Taylor, James, and Barnes so Larry can't play them.

But to your point: We need to acquire more picks because drafting is IT's strength.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2005  9:29 PM
By PETER VECSEY

HOOP DU JOUR IT HAS become painfully obvious Home Town Brown had a more cohe sive unit going for him in the summer on the east side of Long Island than Isiah Thomas has assembled for him on the west side of Manhattan.

The Knicks are not only without a victory in two skirmishes coming into today's fortuitous face off with the Baron Davis-less Warriors, they're without rhyme, reason and rotation.

As Brown repeatedly and none too cryptically forewarns, a starting lineup has a way of working itself out. Without uttering a syllable, the same can be said about his team's irregular rotation and, for that matter, an entire undermanned, 15-player roster.

In fact, the Knicks' consecrated coach already began weeding his new Garden only three sterile halves into the season. Channing Frye, buried in Boston, suddenly was turned loose on the Wizards for seven points and nine rebounds in 18 minutes. Why the abrupt about-face regarding the team's top draft pick? And, as long as we're on the same touchy subject, why was David Lee attired in business casual when the season started?

I'm glad I asked.

Considering both rookie pawns distinguished themselves during the preseason, some of you might've found it odd Brown deactivated them at a time when it might make better sense for their adoptive parent/authority figure to be exhaustively encouraging.

Most basketball pedestrians never would've chanced shaking the confidence of Frye and Lee. Then again, most of us, I'm guessing, never coached an NBA and NCAA champion, or are Hall of Fame inductees. In other words, as always, I'm perfectly willing to extend Brown the benefit of any doubt re: roundball subterfuge, especially when it pertains to psychological strategy of this type. Surely there's a method to his madness . . . I think.

Had Brown gone with his rookies or his other younger players from Jump Street. he'd leave himself wide open for compelling criticism from his vets. Despite Jamal Crawford's confusion, Quentin Richardson, Antonio Davis, Jerome James, Maurice Taylor, Malik Rose and yes, even Stephon Marbury either will justify their existence between the lines, or play themselves out of minutes or quite possibly off the team.

This way the coach gave them an opportunity, so it's all on them. Yo, respect; that's what it's all about. If the vets can't get it done according to Brown's scrupulous specs, if they can't be successful individually and directly affect the team's improvement, and do it in a jiffy, then they can't pitch a legitimate bitch when they're replaced, some sooner than later.

Frye isn't the only Knick whose situation radically changed. Looking at the pair of box scores since the season started, you see a wide disparity in minutes among several players, even with the Celtics game going into overtime.

Trevor Ariza's daylight jumped from 17 to 30, Rose 5 to 16, Taylor 22 to 11, Eddy Curry 42 to 16 are the ones that leap off the ledger. Of course, it didn't help that Curry was a foul magnet Friday against Washington, or that Jesse James has been served seven infractions in his whopping 11 minutes.

Silly me, I thought the only things James could pick up that fast were seconds.

Not to say that Brown isn't making progress. He's finished second twice in New York, so already he's exceeded his resume in Athens.

Still, one step in the right direction isn't going to satisfy Next Town Brown for long. If the Knicks don't evolve more than glacially during their upcoming six-game ("Say No," campaign James Dolan) west coast trip he look revert to his glory days in Detroit. You remember: No Darko, no Arroyo, no Delfino, yes Mayo Clinic-o.

Indications are that time already is drawing near. After all, Michael Brown left FEMA, Aaron Brown is leaving CNN and Larry Brown has left every place else.

The Nets took some heat about announcing an Opening Night full house. Column castigator Frank Drucker doesn't see a problem "since the team sold out Jersey a couple of seasons ago."

Donald Sterling, owner of my beloved Paper Clips, has to fork over $5 million in plaintiffs' attorneys stemming from a suit claiming he discriminated against black and Latino tenants. To his credit, Sterling claims he didn't sexually harass any of 'em. Shaquille O'Neal is expected to miss 2-4 weeks after spraining his ankle while coming down on Ron Artest's foot. "I was stunned Artest was on the floor, not on the scorer's table," Shaq exclaimed.

As prophesied in this space the other day, the 76ers shall never recover from their opening-night tank job against Milwaukee. Philly followed that one up with a 20-point loss at Detroit and a pathetic 17-point home defeat to Charlotte. Count the OT against the Bucks and the Sixers have been outscored in 11 consecutive "quarters."

Come back, Roy Rubin. All is forgiven.

Memo to Doc (Cry Me a) Rivers: Next time it might be a good idea to contest the inbounds pass. After eyeballing how Tayshaun Princeeffortlessly found a cutting Rip Hamilton, who drained the game-winner at the buzzer, I offer this unsolicited suggestion: Put someone, anyone on the ball. I'd even settle for Mike Dukakis in an oversized helmet on a tank. Thanks for listening.

In case you missed it, Jayson Williams sold his Jersey mansion for a reported $8 million. From what I'm told he had a difficult time driving up the price because he had such a hard time just getting anyone to drive up.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2005  9:40 PM
Nalod, stop posting this is every thread. While I agree with it 100% we don't need it EVERY thread lol.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 11-06-2005 9:40 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/6/2005  9:46 PM
Im spreading the gospal, don't take it personal, some dudes have lost it man, just going off! Got to spread it man!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy