Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  5:16 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

This is not an issue of patience, it is an issue of retarded coaching.

Well if your going to be calling Larry Brown a retard then this is where the argument stops. Theres a reason he was voted the best coach in the NBA in every category by the GMs of the NBA. He knows what he's doing.

No, he admitted that he didn't know who to play.

Given the roster he was given, I can understand that. Its easier for us fans to be here and say what we say, but he is actually coaching as his job, trying to make all these pieces fit into his vision of what a team is. He is still trying to find the identity of this team, and so far he has concentrated on the veterans. But read his last games:

1) In the first game only Nate and Ariza played, and not many minutes
2) In the second, Frye plays many minutes, Nate plays, Ariza plays starter's minutes.
3? Third game, Lee plays a lot in his debut, Nate plays almost 20, Frye and Ariza 20+

Im sure Brown is realizing that the youngsters have to play more, but specially that they have to be there when it matters if they have their chemistry going the way they did today...
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  5:17 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Knight:

This is not an issue of patience, it is an issue of retarded coaching.

I didn't like Larry's subs in the end, but this is an extremely unfair point. If we were in position to win the game in the first place is because of Brown teaching this team how to defend. Larry is a great coach, he just trusted on his veterans on a bad moment. Even he has to know that by now. Anyway, if we have been competitive this year in the first place it has been because of him.

I stand by my assessment.

Congratulations!
Knicks_Fan
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/6/2005  5:41 PM
I could understand the criticism when Chaney was the coach
I could understand it when Wilkens was the coach
I could understand it when Herb Williams was the coach

But now, we have Larry Brown, and after three games his coaching is "retarded" and he's "getting senile".

I wonder if any coach would be considred good enough, once he got here.

https:// It's not so hard.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/6/2005  5:50 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

I could understand the criticism when Chaney was the coach
I could understand it when Wilkens was the coach
I could understand it when Herb Williams was the coach

But now, we have Larry Brown, and after three games his coaching is "retarded" and he's "getting senile".

I wonder if any coach would be considred good enough, once he got here.

The way he handled that game was retarded. Like the way people misinterpret posts is retarded.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
11/6/2005  7:30 PM
Posted by efw:
Yeah, because moral victories will get us to the playoffs.

who ever said we were going to the playoffs?

90% of this board when Curry trade went down were saying "easy" 45 to 50 wins. Now suddenly it's "who ever said we were going to the playoffs?" Come on now. Which one is it. High 40 win team or lottery team?

rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  7:32 PM
I still say we are going to make the playoffs. We can withstand any injuries.

Playing boston and golden state, if any of their big two go down, they won't win another game.

We could lose marbs and still put up the same effort (though, so far they aren't wins)

But I think you see what I'm saying.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 11-06-2005 7:34 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/6/2005  7:39 PM
Its hard to criticize without all of the facts. We don't know half of what LB knows, and we also don't know what guys look like over time in practices to give Larry an impression of what they can do.

I didn't think Nate should have been in the game towards the end, but Ariza, Lee, and Frye seemed like no brainers to me.
Don't Sweat The Won-Loss Record

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy