baby Steps

Something positive is starting to happen
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/6/2005  3:39 PM
Yeah, because moral victories will get us to the playoffs.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2005  3:41 PM
Posted by islesfan:

This was a year to contend. I know how you feel, I want more then ever to see this team in the playoffs, but I think there are some really good signs so far from the rookies.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
11/6/2005  3:44 PM
Isles...seriously....u want the knicks to do well, but are u really a knicks fan..good things take time to happen...most knick fans are stupid..if a team went 72-10...half the guys here would be whining about why we couldnt win those 10 games....we will get better give it some time..o yeah stupid ****ty ass rose
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/6/2005  3:44 PM
The East is so competetive this year that EVERY game counts. To waste these opportunities is disgraceful.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  3:50 PM
Posted by Knight:

The East is so competetive this year that EVERY game counts. To waste these opportunities is disgraceful.

What everyone seems to forget that we all knew coming in that it was going to be hard the first half of the year but the Knicks are showing some good signs. They just held 2 great scoring offenses to 85 poitns and under, the rookies are making their marks and really starting to get some burn. The Knicks were not and will not win a championship this year either way. Rebuilding takes PATIENCE, why can't anyone have any here? I guess the age-old argument is true with NY fans. They have no patience for rebuilding.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 11-06-2005 3:50 PM]
Knight
11/6/2005  3:51 PM
This is not an issue of patience, it is an issue of retarded coaching.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
efw
Member: #1002

11/6/2005  3:52 PM

who ever said we were going to the playoffs?

This year is about creating a foundation to be built upon for the next several years. Making the playoffs would be nice, but not necessary for a successful season in my opnion.
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  3:52 PM
Posted by Knight:

Well if your going to be calling Larry Brown a retard then this is where the argument stops. Theres a reason he was voted the best coach in the NBA in every category by the GMs of the NBA. He knows what he's doing.
Knight
11/6/2005  3:53 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

Well if your going to be calling Larry Brown a retard then this is where the argument stops. Theres a reason he was voted the best coach in the NBA in every category by the GMs of the NBA. He knows what he's doing.

No, he admitted that he didn't know who to play.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2005  3:54 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

What everyone seems to forget that we all knew coming in that it was going to be hard the first half of the year but the Knicks are showing some good signs. They just held 2 great scoring offenses to 85 poitns and under, the rookies are making their marks and really starting to get some burn. The Knicks were not and will not win a championship this year either way. Rebuilding takes PATIENCE, why can't anyone have any here? I guess the age-old argument is true with NY fans. They have no patience for rebuilding.

rebuilding means actually playing the young guys and not spending huge$$$$ on guys like mo Taylor Jerome James et al maybe the light has shined that the vets actually do sck sans 1 or 2
RIP Crushalot😞
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
I dont think the desicions larry made were that blatantly wrong. remeber the rookies were not without their fault as well, for example in the closing seconds frye blew a dunk, and nate was stripped by baron davis. but I have to admit though, the rookies had a special kind of energy about them as they led the comeback and larry ruined it with his rotations. anyway I'm sure larry has learned his lesson and we'll be seeing alot more of the rookies and alot less of james and rose. I havent lost faith in larry........just yet that is.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

Isles...seriously....u want the knicks to do well, but are u really a knicks fan..good things take time to happen...most knick fans are stupid..if a team went 72-10...half the guys here would be whining about why we couldnt win those 10 games....we will get better give it some time..o yeah stupid ****ty ass rose

i wouldn't question another fan's loyalty. i have been a knick fan for years. how did you feel the past 4 years about our team? did you like the losing? i am ashamed to say that i became complacent with the losing the past three years and this is the one year in a LONG time that i have hope. so yeah every loss hurts. the point is we are not going to be 72-10. we are 0-3 with a lot more negative signs than positive when the schedule is going to get harder. so i have a right like everyone else to be unhappy with the way they are playing.
nyk4ever
USA
Posted by Knight:

And your point is. Theres 3 or 4 players that he barely had in the training camp. We all know the guy is very meticulous, he needs time to see who he wants in the game, thats why he said what he said.
Knight
11/6/2005  3:55 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

And your point is. Theres 3 or 4 players that he barely had in the training camp. We all know the guy is very meticulous, he needs time to see who he wants in the game, thats why he said what he said.

My point is that if he didn't see that the young players were playing well he is mentally retarded--severely.
nyk4ever
USA
11/6/2005  3:55 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

rebuilding means actually playing the young guys and not spending huge$$$$ on guys like mo Taylor Jerome James et al maybe the light has shined that the vets actually do sck sans 1 or 2

Every rookie played 20 minutes today. Thats alot of minutes for any coach to play any rookie that wasn't picked in the Top5 of the draft, especially 2 that were picked in the 20's

OldFan
Member: #446
11/6/2005  5:02 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Knight:

Players 25 and younger played 150 of the 240 total minutes. Last game it was 136 minutes of the 240. He is playing the young guys. After complaining that we need to rebuild apparently what you really meant was we have to rebuild and win at the same time.
Knight
11/6/2005  5:03 PM
OldFan, the point is to play the young players when it counts and together. Not bring them in when we are already getting killed.

[Edited by - Knight on 11-06-2005 5:04 PM]
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  5:08 PM
Posted by Knight:

I didn't like Larry's subs in the end, but this is an extremely unfair point. If we were in position to win the game in the first place is because of Brown teaching this team how to defend. Larry is a great coach, he just trusted on his veterans on a bad moment. Even he has to know that by now. Anyway, if we have been competitive this year in the first place it has been because of him.
Knicks_Fan
Knight
11/6/2005  5:10 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Knight:

I didn't like Larry's subs in the end, but this is an extremely unfair point. If we were in position to win the game in the first place is because of Brown teaching this team how to defend. Larry is a great coach, he just trusted on his veterans on a bad moment. Even he has to know that by now. Anyway, if we have been competitive this year in the first place it has been because of him.

I stand by my assessment.
Don't Sweat The Won-Loss Record

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy