[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What is wrong with Larry Brown?
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
11/6/2005  3:29 PM
Anybody got any ideas whatsup with him? He seems to be doing a godawful job. Just lost us a game plain and simple. Incredible.

Even senile Lenny and Herb the Dope never lost a game that blatantly. Hell Don I suck Chaney never lost a game like this.

I'm what the fck is this, you put in Rose into the game????

And just as a sidenote, Marbury is a joke. This was his game to takeover and once again he failed to deliver.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
11/6/2005  3:34 PM
calm down
79 more games left
season ends in April
It will take time...however the decision to put in ROse has to be da biggest blunder ever...rose effin sucks plain and simple...

LB should have an idea who should play now..if he doesnt he should get shot...cause in both games at MSG it was da young guns who pulled us close or help us take a lead...LB needs to wake his butt up and play the young ones...they provide more heart and passion than these veteran pieces of craps
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/6/2005  3:34 PM
Larry is a moron.
simrud
USA
11/6/2005  3:36 PM
Yeah Rose is awful. I hope JJ got hurt real bad and is out for the year. Can't take anymore of his fauling every 20 seconds.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
11/6/2005  3:36 PM
calm down y'all, mike breen was talking about how tough of a postition larry is in now becuase the rookies obviously play better but he doesnt want to disrespect the vets. anyway Im sure larry will figure out more and more as the season goes on who should play and who shouldnt, and based on what I saw tonight we'll be a VERY good team when he does, so im not worried at all.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 3:37 PM]
Rich
USA
11/6/2005  3:37 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

calm down y'all, mike breen was talking about how tough of a postition larry is in now becuase the rookies obviously play better but he doesnt want to disrespect the vets. anyway Im sure larry will figure out more and more as the season goes on who should play and who shouldnt, and based on what I saw tonight well be a VERY good team when he does, so im not worried at all.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 3:36 PM]

Mike Breen is an idiot. These veterans haven't done **** for Larry. He owes them nothing.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/6/2005  3:38 PM
Rich - how many championship rings have you earned?

>Even senile Lenny and Herb the Dope never lost a game that blatantly. Hell Don I suck Chaney never lost a game like this.

Simrud - give the personal insults a rest

once a knick always a knick
simrud
USA
11/6/2005  3:39 PM
Who the fck cares about loyalty to veterans? What is this college? Are these seniors who are not going onto the NBA and will never play bball on a team again?

This a freakin joke, layalty to what? Gusy like Rose who have been on the freakin team less than a year? Laylty to Matt Barnes, a reject signed in the offseason for the minimum? Loyalie to Davis who almost begged out of playin here? Give me a freakin break, there is not such thing as loyalty in the NBA.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/6/2005  3:39 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

calm down y'all, mike breen was talking about how tough of a postition larry is in now becuase the rookies obviously play better but he doesnt want to disrespect the vets. anyway Im sure larry will figure out more and more as the season goes on who should play and who shouldnt, and based on what I saw tonight well be a VERY good team when he does, so im not worried at all.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 3:36 PM]

Don't give me that BS, You know you wanted a win, that LOYALTY stuff is a buncha crap, IT and LB have always said that winning was the most important goal they are striving for,
so they had a win, but got this LOYALTY crap in their head and LOST!.

WINS are what matters, Nothing else!.

simrud
USA
11/6/2005  3:41 PM
I'll insult the godawfl caoches we have had all I want.

Lenny was a senile old man. Herb, I don't even know why he is a coac in general, let alonea headcoach. He is just here cause he is the number one yes man. And Chaney was just plain bad.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
11/6/2005  3:42 PM
Posted by Rich:

Mike Breen is an idiot. These veterans haven't done **** for Larry. He owes them nothing.

your right to a degree, but I dont think its that simple, I never said anything about loyalty he just didnt want to spit in their face by playing rookies over them without giving them a chance to prove, or disprove themselves, anyway larry will bench who deserves to get benched soon enough its not like he would sacrifice games to please the veterans he just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt early on, I think that every game that happens like this the less we'll have to worry about guys like jerome james malik rose playing. In fact they may have already permanently earned themselves spots in the doghouse, so theres no reason to get so upset so soon, im sure larry will figure everything out soon enough. its only the first three games and we arent even the only atlantic division to team to start 0-3 (see sixers)

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 3:45 PM]
Rich
USA
11/6/2005  3:45 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by Rich:

your right to a degree, but I dont think its that simple, anyway larry will bench who deserves to get benched soon enough its not like he would purposely sacrifice games to please the veterans he just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt early on, I think that every game that happens like this the less we'll have to worry about guys like jerome james malik rose playing. In fact they may have already permanently earned themselves spots in the doghouse, so theres no reason to get so upset so soon, im sure larry will figure everything out soon enough. its only the first three games and we arent even the only atlantic division to team to start 0-3 (see sixers)

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 3:43 PM]

He is apparently unable to realize that ability trumps experience. There is no excuse for that. At least when Joe Torre overuses veterans, it is guys who won for him. These guys haven't done anything for Larry.

[Edited by - Rich on 11-06-2005 3:45 PM]
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
11/6/2005  3:46 PM
I think Craw is as good as gone !! Penny will play in his spot on the road, just watch and see, ol LB is senile !!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
11/6/2005  3:50 PM
"Maybe we need to be a little bit more structures, execute set plays more." - Brown

Happy to see he's finally taking my advice. Swinging the ball aimlessly only makes it tougher for guys who make poor decisions.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/6/2005  3:56 PM
Simrud - do you have anything of value to add?

It will get a LOT crazier before the season is over

No time for crybabies
once a knick always a knick
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  3:56 PM
I love Larry Brown, and you can see how much he has helped this team become a better defensive team and be more prepared to games. Im sure he is teaching them so much. This will be a great team in the future. Make no mistake, we did the best in landing him.

But, what happened today shouldn't happen again. This was just Larry Brown trying to get his first win thinking that his veterans would get it done. But he forgot that his veterans are awful compared to the youngsters. I know this is the reason he made his decision, but what worries me now is to think that he won't be able to realize that his best team is the one 27 and under. This game was lost with the vets. They were the ones that got us in the whole. They were the ones that ended our chances.

Larry, I know you prefer to play the vets, but your best team is the one with the rooks in it. No other way to see it. This can't happen again. The rooks get you the lead? Let them handle it! I agree that its better to lose with the youngsters when they are playing this great than with the awful veterans!
Knicks_Fan
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/6/2005  4:32 PM
I hope Larry Brown learns a lesson from this game. When he plays our rookies, they should be on the floor as a unit... they play better than the sum of their individual talents.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
simrud
USA
11/6/2005  4:58 PM
misterearl you are one crying about how I apparently insulted you by calling Lenny senile.

Funniest thing I arent even the only one calling him that. Grow some balls or just don't read my posts.
MS
Member: #724
11/6/2005  5:17 PM
Anyone who defends Brown is a fool, he single handly lost this game, he gets the blame for the loss. Removing Frye and Lee to put Davis and Barnes back in made no sense at all, neither did leaving in Richardson when he couldn't score...Where was Ariza, what business did Rose have.....

Frankly leaving Lee off the roster for the first two games was puzzling. Its early and he is trying to get his rotation down, but Larry was terrible today as bad as anyone has coached in the past few years....

Mo Taylor should never play, along with Rose........He better wake up otherwise we are in serious trouble.....and crawford needs to be traded
OldFan
Member: #446
11/6/2005  5:35 PM
Posted by MS:

Anyone who defends Brown is a fool, he single handly lost this game, he gets the blame for the loss. Removing Frye and Lee to put Davis and Barnes back in made no sense at all, neither did leaving in Richardson when he couldn't score...Where was Ariza, what business did Rose have.....

Frankly leaving Lee off the roster for the first two games was puzzling. Its early and he is trying to get his rotation down, but Larry was terrible today as bad as anyone has coached in the past few years....

Mo Taylor should never play, along with Rose........He better wake up otherwise we are in serious trouble.....and crawford needs to be traded

Yes - anyone who doesn't see that - you and Simrud whose experience in the NBA consists of watching games - unless I missed you in the box scores or on the sidelines obviously know much more the one of the most respected coaches in the game who has a resume longer then your arm. Oh - I forgot you guys are Doctors too and from afar have decided he's senile. I'll give you one thing - you certainly have the ego of a pro athlete.
What is wrong with Larry Brown?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy