fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2005  7:34 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/53989.htm

KNICKS FIGHTIN' MAD

By ANDREW MARCHAND
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Archives
Print Reprint

November 6, 2005 -- Nate Robinson wanted a piece of Jerome James yesterday. The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Robinson didn't look as if he cared that he gave 100 pounds to the 7-foot James.
The smallest Knick and the biggest wanted to fight in the middle of practice yesterday at the team's training facility.

After lunging at each other, the two had to be separated a couple of times by teammates and coaches. When the altercation finally ended without any punches being unleashed, Robinson walked to a side court, took off his shirt and was consoled by Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry.

By the end of practice, the two were making up with a hug.

After a PR tutorial, everyone involved said it was no big deal. Larry Brown said, "Nothing happened," but he was wrong. The Knicks were finally showing a little fight.

The Knicks, of course, have bigger issues than if James and Robinson are best friends. At 0-2, they have an important game this afternoon against the Warriors at the Garden (MSG, WABC, 1 p.m.). If they lose today, they could snowball into an ugly start, with their next six games out west, starting Wednesday in Portland.

To a man, the players played down the must-win aspect of tonight's third game, but they are aware of the schedule and know things could turn real negative in a hurry.

"It would be good to get a win, period," Stephon Marbury said.

Yesterday, the Knicks also played down the near fisticuffs between the rookie Robinson and the veteran James, who said it was just "competition," a line parroted by all involved.

No one would completely confirm the details of what happened, but Robinson said it had something do with the disappearance of Nate's lunch. Later, the two nearly came to blows.

James said when he looked down and saw Robinson charging at him, he was "laughing" in his mind.

"I love little Nate, and his mother's cooking" said James, emphasizing how the two ultimately made up.

To express his love even further, James predicted that with Brown's coaching, Robinson will become one of the best point guards in the NBA.

Robinson said it was just "friendly competition."

"At first when it happened, I was like, 'This is my teammate,' " said Robinson, who played football as well as basketball at Washington. "It was competition. They [James' team] were kicking our butts. There were so many things running through my mind, then I really looked at him and said, 'This is Jerome James. I'm tripping.' We have to worry about the other teams that are kicking our butts."

As for the state of the Knicks, James pretty much summed up the mood.

"I'm not panicking," James said. "I don't think the team is panicking. I know the coaching staff and the management isn't panicking. It is a new situation, new players, new coach, what do you guys expect? I guarantee once we get our fluidity and unity together, we are going to be a tough team to deal with."

Eddy Curry has a strained calf, but is expected to play today.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/6/2005  7:40 AM
See? I wasn't far off when I said it was risky for Nate, because Big Snacks might eat him.

I can just invision Nate throwing a punch and his fist bouncing off James' stomach, as Nate falls back about 20 feet. James cackles, "HAHA!!! A medium sized meal" as he chomps down Nate with one bite.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2005  7:52 AM
Better Yet I can see Nate jumping up to snuff Big Game right in the grill if he really wanted to.

That last quote by Big Game was classic. Sounds like the perfect sig.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2005  9:56 AM
gettin' your fluidity and unity together? sounds like how LB would describe a dream morning after all the elimination problems he's had.
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
11/6/2005  10:23 AM
dissapearance of his lunch? according to the post it had somethin to do with nate getting hit in the groin, so far the jerome james signing is turning out to be worse than i thought possible.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 10:24 AM]
s3231
Member: #544
USA
11/6/2005  10:43 AM
"James said when he looked down and saw Robinson charging at him, he was 'laughing' in his mind. "

LMAO!!
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2005  11:03 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

dissapearance of his lunch? according to the post it had somethin to do with nate getting hit in the groin, so far the jerome james signing is turning out to be worse than i thought possible.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 10:24 AM]

I read that Nate was edgy already after Trevor hit him in the groin earlier...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
11/6/2005  11:50 AM
why was everyone hitting him in the groin
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/6/2005  12:28 PM
Nate's a tough a kid!, It was David vs. Goliath XX!.

This is going to be a fun season, I think a little squabbling amongst the players isn't a bad thing, it gets the guys all reved up and ready to kick some butt on the court.

Remember the Oakland Athletics in the Seventies, they fought amongst each other all the time, and they won Three World Series, so let them rumble a little as long as it translates to wins on the court.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/6/2005  12:33 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

why was everyone hitting him in the groin

One of Larry's drills? "Kick the guard in the nuts"?
A hazing routine? "Kick the rookie in the nuts"?

https:// It's not so hard.
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
11/6/2005  1:00 PM
WOW, is this for real, they fought cuz james ate nate's lunch. HAHAHAHHAHAHA
LOL!!! Nate Robinson and Big Snacks almost get in fist fight during practice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy