[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not wins or Losses, but how you play the game.
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/5/2005  3:22 PM
I want the knicks to win a championship.

But I am realistic about the team we have and where we are headed.

We have a young team, new players and a new coach, we are a work in progress.

In the first half of the season I am not so interested in wins or losses, as much as I am about how we play the game. I need to see these things happen every game and I wouldn’t give a flying f.uck whether we win or lose:

1. Starting lineup of: Steph, Q, Ariza, Frye, Curry
2. Team rebounding and boxing out.
3. Solid team/transitional/individual defensive effort from every player on the court.
4. Pick and roll between steph and frye ala Kurt Thomas, this should be a key component of our offense.
5. Dump down to EC in the paint in the beginning especially, but throughout the game as well, this should be another key component of our offense.
6. Frye needs 25 minutes minimum, Nate between 5-15 depending how he’s playing, Ariza 25+ minutes minimum because we have no real 3.
7. Mandatory Minimum Shot attempts:
Curry 12+
Marbs take shots when the oppurtunity presents itself, but around 12.
Craw 8-12 and 75% have to be mid-range or drives to the hole. No 3s unless he's open.
Frye 7+

JJ cannot shoot unless he is in in the paint. He should not even get the ball unless he is in the paint.

Ariza can find his points in the flow of the offense, but we should run some plays for him that allow him to cut to the basket.

Q will get his shots if we execute those other things well, like dumping down to Curry, and pick and rolling with Frye.

This is all I wanna see. We will give ourselves a good chance to win every night if we do this, but if we do it and don’t win I can still feel really good about that.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 11-05-2005 4:53 PM]
AUTOADVERT
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/5/2005  3:31 PM
I want JJ on the inactive list and see what Jackie can do. JJ has no future here.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  3:47 PM
I agree with all those points. If the Knicks did points # 1 to 6, I wouldn't mind losing. We'd be headed in the right direction. Frye doesn't have to start yet, but he should be getting a min of 20 to 25 mpg right now.
Killa4luv
USA
11/6/2005  1:57 AM
Posted by Knight:

I want JJ on the inactive list and see what Jackie can do. JJ has no future here.

I think its too early, and we did sign him to 30 million, hes gonna have to play for that even if it means him using his 6 fouls in 10 minutes per game. I do think he can be useful even as trashy as he is now.

OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
11/6/2005  2:20 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I want the knicks to win a championship.

But I am realistic about the team we have and where we are headed.

We have a young team, new players and a new coach, we are a work in progress.

In the first half of the season I am not so interested in wins or losses, as much as I am about how we play the game. I need to see these things happen every game and I wouldn’t give a flying f.uck whether we win or lose:

1. Starting lineup of: Steph, Q, Ariza, Frye, Curry
2. Team rebounding and boxing out.
3. Solid team/transitional/individual defensive effort from every player on the court.
4. Pick and roll between steph and frye ala Kurt Thomas, this should be a key component of our offense.
5. Dump down to EC in the paint in the beginning especially, but throughout the game as well, this should be another key component of our offense.
6. Frye needs 25 minutes minimum, Nate between 5-15 depending how he’s playing, Ariza 25+ minutes minimum because we have no real 3.
7. Mandatory Minimum Shot attempts:
Curry 12+
Marbs take shots when the oppurtunity presents itself, but around 12.
Craw 8-12 and 75% have to be mid-range or drives to the hole. No 3s unless he's open.
Frye 7+

JJ cannot shoot unless he is in in the paint. He should not even get the ball unless he is in the paint.

Ariza can find his points in the flow of the offense, but we should run some plays for him that allow him to cut to the basket.

Q will get his shots if we execute those other things well, like dumping down to Curry, and pick and rolling with Frye.

This is all I wanna see. We will give ourselves a good chance to win every night if we do this, but if we do it and don’t win I can still feel really good about that.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 11-05-2005 4:53 PM]

I agree with everything you said here except that Curry needs to play 30min & take 15+ shots. This will take him to the line for easy points (if he can shoot around 72% like he did last season) and put the opposing big men in foul trouble.

I don't care about the record this season as long as the team improves in all areas of the game and become a young solid, tough, competitive team.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/6/2005  3:23 AM
There's only 2 ways to win a championship:

1. Have the best player in the game on your team

OR

2. Have the best defense in the league.

We're 0/2, and not even close in either department.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 11-06-2005 03:24 AM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2005  4:08 AM
I'm missing your point. None one (or almost no one) thought this was a championship team going into the season. It strikes me as hardly shocking that we don't have the criteria you say are necessary to win a championship now.
Killa4luv
USA
11/6/2005  3:57 PM
I am not too upset over the gs loss. The rookies platyed GREAT, we looed better offensively and on D.

Nate shouldn't have come back in.

Rose never should have taken off his warm ups.

Frye needed more minutes.

Craw had a few moments.

Steph was off, but still played solid.

Q stunk it up.

JJ is still a big fat pile of crap.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2005  4:00 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

There's only 2 ways to win a championship:

1. Have the best player in the game on your team

OR

2. Have the best defense in the league.

We're 0/2, and not even close in either department.

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 11-06-2005 03:24 AM]

To me I think we're playing pretty darn good Defense. We just held 2 very good scoring teams to 85 points and under, thats pretty damn good.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/6/2005  4:31 PM
It was already over when Nate came back in--- the damage had already been done.

You're right, Rose should never have been in the game. Curry maybe--- but Rose, no way. Were we supposed to be making 1 defensive stop over the last 4 minutes? Larry Brown must have had a major brain fart.

Our SGs (Crawford/Richardson) still do very little for us.

Marbury continued to be off--- but he had flashees running w/ the rookies. Maybe it simply comes down to the veterans stagnating on offense. The young guys move w/o the ball more... and move w/ the ball more. Marbury still has a tendency to dribble 3 seconds off here and there w/o anything happening w/ the ball.

Ariza was excellent... David Lee was unbelievable... Frye was outstanding in the first half. As he develops, Frye is going to be an outstanding shot blocking threat in the NBA.
Posted by Killa4luv:

I am not too upset over the gs loss. The rookies platyed GREAT, we looed better offensively and on D.

Nate shouldn't have come back in.

Rose never should have taken off his warm ups.

Frye needed more minutes.

Craw had a few moments.

Steph was off, but still played solid.

Q stunk it up.

JJ is still a big fat pile of crap.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Killa4luv
USA
11/6/2005  7:36 PM
Ariza Frye and Lee were incredible, and for that I am very very pleased.

Also, we are playing defense and rebounding. Steph is playing great D, challenging many shots and forcing guys to miss.

Curry is still a work in progress, but should be developing nicely over the course of the season. We have alot of things to be happy about.

We need Q and Craw to at least give us 15 ppg.

rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  7:49 PM
that's interesting, marbs did perform much much better with the rooks in there. Nate plays much better at the 2 than the point.

I think marbs likes to run and also likes competent team mates, the young squad provided him that.

I've also noticed the board is lightening up on marbs and directing their ire towards crawford...shows the difference between preseason and the regular season.

Craw will get his head right before we know it, maybe heading west will wake him up a bit...a little home cooking.

Ut Oh...fish is posting, I better get going before all my posts get ripped for no reason other than they are my posts.

Talk at you guys tomorrow.

Go knicks.
all kool aid all the time.
Not wins or Losses, but how you play the game.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy