[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What team would even have interest in Marbury?
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/5/2005  6:00 PM
Very few teams.

Dallas, Minny, Atlanta, maybe Toronto.

And why are we talking about trading Marbury - b/c simply put, he doesn't fit in this offense. He doesn't push the tempo, he doesn't pass the ball quick enough, he dribbles far too much, and he doesn't take over in the 4th quarter like a franchise player and a leader should and can.

He's also far too overpaid for his position and impact. Take him off the cap and we have a great chance at getting under by next summer.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  6:02 PM
And why are we talking about trading Marbury
Who's "we"? You and Knight? I could come up with some other reasons why the two of you are and always will talk about trading Marbury
bobs3304
11/5/2005  6:04 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Who's "we"? You and Knight? I could come up with some other reasons why the two of you are and always will talk about trading Marbury

No stupid...

Nixluva asked the rhetorical question.

I'm simply indulging him...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 11-05-2005 6:04 PM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Knight
Member: #968
11/5/2005  6:09 PM
My point with this thread is that if Marbury is so great why wouldn't there be alot of interest in him? Yes he makes alot of money but don't most great players make a nice salary in the NBA? That's not the reason teams aren't interested in him. Knicks fans want to act like they are right about Marbury, that he is a misunderstood savior for this team, but everyone else in the league sees him as someone to keep off their team. Who's right?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
bobs3304
11/5/2005  6:13 PM
^ There's a thin line b/w the 2, but until Marbury proves us otherwise (that he's anything more than a scorer), then he WILL be traded again.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2005  6:39 PM
I don't think Marbs is the problem.

Still.....the Knicks seem to be changing big time and Marbs is our biggest barganing chip.

I wouldn't mind trading him to Atlanta. They got some good young guys over there......I wouldn't even ask for Joe Johnson. Childress, Josh Smith, Al Harrington, Salim Stoudamire? Some kind of combination of those players would get it done.

But we gotta give Marbs a chance to sucseed. NY was in chambles when he came on board....there is still uncertainty. No one is untradeable but Atlanta would be my number one choice to ship Marbs.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
11/5/2005  6:45 PM
It would be incredibly difficult if not impossible to trade marbury to a team like atlanta becuase save for joe johnson atlanta has underpaid players while we have overpaid ones. anyway the reason I wouldnt mind trading marbury is becuase the offense seems to be better without him despite his scoreing ablities, but as of right now I'm not absolutely sure that the offense really is better without marbury so I don't think we should trade him just yet.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-05-2005 7:00 PM]
kip3f
Member: #762
11/5/2005  6:57 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:
Posted by Nalod:

This is really silly, Martin, do a lock down. This is really offensive. Im in a public place and some dude already like walking by and snickering! "Trade Marbs after 2 games!"

Ain't anybody got any resolve? This is really sad!

On the other hand, maybe there should just be a permanent "Marbury" thread since he's probably the most often-discussed Knick.

Why stop there, how about a Marbury Forum?
bobs3304
11/5/2005  7:17 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

It would be incredibly difficult if not impossible to trade marbury to a team like atlanta becuase save for joe johnson atlanta has underpaid players while we have overpaid ones.

Atlanta's still under the cap buddy.

Harrington + Delk + Fut. 2nd for Marbury would still keep them just under the cap. And it would give us everything we need - Defensive Vet combo guard for Larry, player of Isiah's liking in Harrington (who incidently is also expiring), and a future "yoot".
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  7:22 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by SlimPack:

It would be incredibly difficult if not impossible to trade marbury to a team like atlanta becuase save for joe johnson atlanta has underpaid players while we have overpaid ones.

Harrington + Delk + Fut. 2nd for Marbury would still keep them just under the cap. And it would give us everything we need - Defensive Vet combo guard for Larry, player of Isiah's liking in Harrington (who incidently is also expiring), and a future "yoot".

That's pretty low value for Marbury, though. It's not like we need the cap space (we're still way too high even with that trade).
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  7:28 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by Bonn1997:

No stupid...

Nixluva asked the rhetorical question.

I'm simply indulging him...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 11-05-2005 6:04 PM]
Thanks; that really clarifies who "we" refers to

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-05-2005 7:28 PM]
bobs3304
11/5/2005  7:34 PM
Posted by Solace:

That's pretty low value for Marbury, though. It's not like we need the cap space (we're still way too high even with that trade).

You're not gonna get much better than that pally. If Atlanta has to swallow all 75 Mill. of his contract you can bet your sweet *** that they won't be giving up massive cap space + full value.

Also, there are 2 scenarios following this -

If we let both Delk and Harrington expire... We'd have Penny, AD, and Marbury STRAIGHT OFF. That's 45 Million. I'm not sure if H20 is expiring also now b/c of his retirement, but I'm assuming maybe not. Either way, in 1 swing we'd be right back to cap respectability.

The other scenario is that Isiah ends up resigning Harrington (b/c it's well known Zeke likes him). We 'd still have cut 11 Million off. I don't know about you, but I'll take that deal in a heartbeat.

It's not the 5 best players on the court that matters....its' the 5 players that play the best together, and Marbury just KILLS the flow and comrodery of the team on the court. He makes the offense stagnant by dribbing too long and not passing quick enough. The team just doesn't gel with him at point. But they do when Jamal is. Craw may not be as talented or efficient or strong as Steph, but atleast I know for a fact that the other players respond better to him...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 11-05-2005 7:36 PM]
Solace
USA
11/5/2005  7:40 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by Solace:

Posted by bobs3304:

You're not gonna get much better than that pally. If Atlanta has to swallow all 75 Mill. of his contract you can bet your sweet *** that they won't be giving up massive cap space + full value.

Also, there are 2 scenarios following this -

If we let both Delk and Harrington expire... We'd have Penny, AD, and Marbury STRAIGHT OFF. That's 45 Million. I'm not sure if H20 is expiring also now b/c of his retirement, but I'm assuming maybe not. Either way, in 1 swing we'd be right back to cap respectability.

The other scenario is that Isiah ends up resigning Harrington (b/c it's well known Zeke likes him). We 'd still have cut 11 Million off. I don't know about you, but I'll take that deal in a heartbeat.

It's not the 5 best players on the court that matters....its' the 5 players that play the best together, and Marbury just KILLS the flow and comrodery of the team on the court. He makes the offense stagnant by dribbing too long and not passing quick enough. The team just doesn't gel with him at point. But they do when Jamal is. Craw may not be as talented or efficient or strong as Steph, but atleast I know for a fact that the other players respond better to him...

Well, you just explained why Atlanta may not be a good trade partner. The cap space means little to us, and you say they won't give a lot back since they're taking his massive contract. So, find another partner. Pretty simple, as far as I can tell. Atlanta would have to bid higher than just cap space (which we don't need) if they want Marbury. Al Harrington is nowhere near the player that Marbury is.

As for the cap space, we've shown that we have no goals of getting under the cap. And we'd have to be at least $10 MM under the cap to sign a premiere free agent (which we have zero shot of being far enough under the cap to do). Getting under the cap has never been a Knick priority and probably never will be. So, let's not get carried away here. It's a pipe dream to think that we're making moves for cap reasons. Even if we are, it would take a lot to dig out of the hole that we're in.

[Edited by - Solace on 11-05-2005 7:41 PM]
bobs3304
11/5/2005  7:44 PM
Didnt you just hear what I said?

It's not the 5 BEST players that count....it's the 5 that play the best TOGETHER. Marbury simply kills the team flow. End of ****in story. How you, or anyone else for that matter, can't see that is beyond me.

And as far as "other teams"....you'll be hardpressed to find a better proposal. Your statement that cap space means "little" to us is so ignorant I'd only expect it from a Marbury jocker.

Remember how much New Orleans got for B-Dizzle?

Ok.....good.

Now stfu.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/5/2005  7:51 PM
I say trade him and Taylor or Rose to Philly for Iverson and Mashburn's contract since it comes off the books end of this yr, maybe through some other garbage in and you got a nice deal.

[Edited by - attaboy2005 on 11-05-2005 7:53 PM]
bobs3304
11/5/2005  7:53 PM
Posted by attaboy2005:

I say trade him and Taylor to Philly for Iverson and Mashburn's contract since it comes off the books end of this yr, maybe through some other garbge in and you got a nice deal.

I say lay off the reefer.

Knight
Member: #968
11/5/2005  7:55 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by attaboy2005:

I say trade him and Taylor to Philly for Iverson and Mashburn's contract since it comes off the books end of this yr, maybe through some other garbge in and you got a nice deal.

If Nate Robinson starts to look like a snack...lay off it bro.

[IMG_block] http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8073/jjvision3ed.jpg [/IMG_block]
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/5/2005  7:57 PM
Posted by bobs3304:
Posted by attaboy2005:

LOL, Your a funny guy Mr. Bill, I mean Bob. Is Neal near by?

bobs3304
11/5/2005  8:00 PM
^ Huh...?
Solace
USA
11/5/2005  8:07 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Didnt you just hear what I said?

It's not the 5 BEST players that count....it's the 5 that play the best TOGETHER. Marbury simply kills the team flow. End of ****in story. How you, or anyone else for that matter, can't see that is beyond me.

And as far as "other teams"....you'll be hardpressed to find a better proposal. Your statement that cap space means "little" to us is so ignorant I'd only expect it from a Marbury jocker.

Remember how much New Orleans got for B-Dizzle?

Ok.....good.

Now stfu.

Wow. You really are an ass clown, aren't you? Me a Marbury jocker? LOL. Ask anyone here whether I'm a Marbury fan or not. I'm not. But let's be realistic. anyway, what has Al Harrington done to prove that he's such a team player? Nothing. Marbury is a team flow killer? Again, ridiculous. You just hate Marbury for some reason and you want to give him away for mid-level talent.

As for the cap space issue, do you REALIZE HOW FAR OVER THE CAP WE ARE? $45 MM off the cap still doesn't bring us to where we can sign a big time free agent. So, I'm sorry jackass, but it's you who needs to stfu. You just hate Marbury. The idea of trading Marbury away for peanuts is ridiculous.

What team would even have interest in Marbury?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy