[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What team would even have interest in Marbury?
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/5/2005  12:41 PM
Is he even tradeable? Name one team besides New York who would want him as their starting point guard.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
11/5/2005  1:29 PM
The Hawks! He played at GT and has family there. Maybe they might feel that they will sell tickets. Besides them I have no idea who would want him.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
McK1
Member: #964
11/5/2005  1:34 PM
Minnesota

Perhaps in a last ditch effort to win with KG they'll trade for him.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/5/2005  1:36 PM
Najera, Andre Miller, and Nene for Steph and David Lee? Idk, there aren't teams lining up to take Steph and his contract makes it even harder for those that are willing to take him (which probably is only a few teams right now). There are probably only a few trades we can do and in almost all of those trades it either doesn't make sense for us or it doesn't make sense for the other team (like the denver trade I just came up with).
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/5/2005  1:39 PM
i think possible destinations are atlanta, minny, and dallas.

atlanta - b/c they may want someone to put fans in seats. possibly al harrington for steph straight up.
minny - i think they would love to reunite kg and steph. probably steph + butler for wally + kandi.
dallas - they may get a little desperate as the season wears on so maybe steph for daniels + stack.

all of these are have to be extremely desperate to consider this and the chances of this happening would be virtually slim to none.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2005  2:02 PM
Why are we talking about trading Steph? I don't understand the rationale for this thread. He's the only dependable player we have. How can he be at fault when players miss point blank shots, dunks, layups? Curry not being able to play more than 15 mins, due to foul trouble. JC being 2-5, 0-1 from 3 and 0-2 from the line. The team just had an awful day scoring. Normally we're a 45% shooting team, so to me this was an aberration.

AD 1-9
Barnes 1-7
Q 4-14

That's not Steph's fault.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/5/2005  2:11 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

atlanta - b/c they may want someone to put fans in seats. possibly al harrington for steph straight up.
minny - i think they would love to reunite kg and steph. probably steph + butler for wally + kandi.
dallas - they may get a little desperate as the season wears on so maybe steph for daniels + stack.

all of these are have to be extremely desperate to consider this and the chances of this happening would be virtually slim to none.

Su, I am going to fight you!!!!! THESES PACKAGES FOR STEPH ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! WALLY + KANI??? AL HARRINGTON?? DANIELS + BRICKHOUSE?????

You are seriously losing your mind.
Knight
11/5/2005  2:14 PM
I'd do a Steph/Ariza/Lee to Atlanta for Joe Johnson and Josh Childress. You got to sweeten the pot to get Steph contract out of NY.

[Edited by - Knight on 11-05-2005 2:15 PM]
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/5/2005  2:20 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

Su, I am going to fight you!!!!! THESES PACKAGES FOR STEPH ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! WALLY + KANI??? AL HARRINGTON?? DANIELS + BRICKHOUSE?????

You are seriously losing your mind.

i didn't say i would do them nor are they fair trades BUT i do think those are the type of trades that would happen with steph.

IF IF IF we move steph, we WILL NOT get fair talent in return. moving steph would be a situation where we are moving in a different direction and would just take back the best package possible and hopefully some picks in return. we will not be getting a player that's on par talent-wise with steph.
Knight
11/5/2005  2:20 PM
Any trade of Steph will have to be addition by subtraction.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by Knight:

What will that do for this team? It would only set us back even further. At least right now we KNOW that Steph can play, cuz he's actually been the only consistent thing out there. We just have to wait for this team to gel and for LB to get his rotation set. Don't forget that we got a late start due to all the issues in camp. Q being hurt, Curry & AD coming in late etc. Trading Steph is just stupid. 1st of all no one is going to take his contract anyway. i know you guys that hate Steph don't want to hear it, but he's going to be here for a while.

Knight
11/5/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by nixluva:
Posted by Knight:

What will that do for this team? It would only set us back even further. At least right now we KNOW that Steph can play, cuz he's actually been the only consistent thing out there. We just have to wait for this team to gel and for LB to get his rotation set. Don't forget that we got a late start due to all the issues in camp. Q being hurt, Curry & AD coming in late etc. Trading Steph is just stupid. 1st of all no one is going to take his contract anyway. i know you guys that hate Steph don't want to hear it, but he's going to be here for a while.

He sucks the life out of any team he plays on. His sulking and lack of leadership abilities rubs off and leaves his teammates completely uninspired to be on the court with him. Doesn't matter what his stats are--does he make anyone better? Hell no.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/5/2005  2:34 PM
Posted by nixluva:

Why are we talking about trading Steph? I don't understand the rationale for this thread. He's the only dependable player we have. How can he be at fault when players miss point blank shots, dunks, layups? Curry not being able to play more than 15 mins, due to foul trouble. JC being 2-5, 0-1 from 3 and 0-2 from the line. The team just had an awful day scoring. Normally we're a 45% shooting team, so to me this was an aberration.

AD 1-9
Barnes 1-7
Q 4-14

no- but he is the oldest player with the biggest contract on the team.

move him and you're basically saying- we're not going to win for the next 2-4 years & we are true rebuilding with some effort to get under the cap at some point or be in a position to do a s&t for a player of LeBron's ilk (i.e., packaging Frye, Ariza, & Curry)

I'm not saying to trade him- I like what I have seen from this team in the two loses...
Knight
11/5/2005  2:39 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by nixluva:

AD 1-9
Barnes 1-7
Q 4-14

no- but he is the oldest player with the biggest contract on the team.

move him and you're basically saying- we're not going to win for the next 2-4 years & we are true rebuilding with some effort to get under the cap at some point or be in a position to do a s&t for a player of LeBron's ilk (i.e., packaging Frye, Ariza, & Curry)

I'm not saying to trade him- I like what I have seen from this team in the two loses...

Then you are really going to enjoy the rest of the season!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  3:34 PM
No reason to trade him now but I'd consider the option by the trade deadline if the team were really struggling and wanted to move in a different direction. Any team that wants to win a title or become a near contender now could use him. Teams have taken on more money for far inferior players. The Wolves, Mavs, Rockets, Pacers, Miami (they're obviously trying to just collect as many talented players as they can), Washington (slide Arenas to SG), Memphis
NotFrye
Member: #935
11/5/2005  4:33 PM
If we decide to rebuild or shed salary, we should also consider moving some of the other large ass contracts.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2005  4:40 PM
This is really silly, Martin, do a lock down. This is really offensive. Im in a public place and some dude already like walking by and snickering! "Trade Marbs after 2 games!"

Ain't anybody got any resolve? This is really sad!
Knight
11/5/2005  4:43 PM
Posted by Nalod:

This is really silly, Martin, do a lock down. This is really offensive. Im in a public place and some dude already like walking by and snickering! "Trade Marbs after 2 games!"

Two games? No, almost two seasons...
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/5/2005  5:17 PM
Posted by Nalod:

On the other hand, maybe there should just be a permanent "Marbury" thread since he's probably the most often-discussed Knick.
https:// It's not so hard.
Knight
11/5/2005  5:22 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:
Posted by Nalod:

On the other hand, maybe there should just be a permanent "Marbury" thread since he's probably the most often-discussed Knick.

Good idea.
What team would even have interest in Marbury?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy