[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

were going to pay a STEEP price for keeping david lee
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/7/2005  1:38 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
i agree with briggs. i prefer to have the picks.
EVERYONE--absolutely 100%--would prefer to have the picks. It's not even relevant, though. The idea that we had a choice is a figment of Briggs' imagination, sparked by some newspaper article he once read.
I'll go out on the line and say I def. would rather have Lee than the pick. lets get it right-if we ignore the #2s, all we gave up was #1 for this year and an option for chi to switch picks the year after. All we gave up was ONE #1 pick.
Time will tell who is right.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/7/2005  2:04 PM
based on yesterday, keeping lee was the right thing to do.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/30875.htm

November 7, 2005 -- David Lee was an early preseason smash, only to wind up smashed when Larry Brown put him on the Knicks' inactive list to start the season.

After watching the Knicks lose two straight and get outhustled, the 6-9 rookie energizer finally got some good news yesterday as he boarded the exercise bicycle two hours before tip-off. He was activated in place of veteran forward Maurice Taylor.

In the other big change, Brown put struggling center Jerome James into the starting lineup to give him "a jump start." James played alongside Eddy Curry, with Antonio Davis coming off the bench.

The Lee move worked. The rookie power forward scored eight points and had double-digit boards (10) in his NBA debut, showing his great nose for the ball.

The James' experiment was a disaster and the 7-1 former Sonics center may be playing himself out of the rotation, with the rookies having success despite yesterday's 83-81 loss to the Warriors.

Lee could be on the active roster for good. "The biggest thing is giving energy," he said. "You cover up mistakes by playing hard."
does this count as confirmation?
Lee was held out of the Curry deal with Chicago, yet he was deactivated him before the opener.

"We have too many power forwards," Brown said. "I have to see where he fits."

[Edited by - rvhoss on 11-07-2005 2:08 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/7/2005  2:07 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:
Posted by Bonn1997:
EVERYONE--absolutely 100%--would prefer to have the picks. It's not even relevant, though. The idea that we had a choice is a figment of Briggs' imagination, sparked by some newspaper article he once read.
I'll go out on the line and say I def. would rather have Lee than the pick. lets get it right-if we ignore the #2s, all we gave up was #1 for this year and an option for chi to switch picks the year after. All we gave up was ONE #1 pick.

How can you say that you're going to get it right and then say that you're going to just ignore part of the trade?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/7/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

http://ultimateknicks.com/redir.asp?u=http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/30875.htm

November 7, 2005 -- David Lee was an early preseason smash, only to wind up smashed when Larry Brown put him on the Knicks' inactive list to start the season.

After watching the Knicks lose two straight and get outhustled, the 6-9 rookie energizer finally got some good news yesterday as he boarded the exercise bicycle two hours before tip-off. He was activated in place of veteran forward Maurice Taylor.

In the other big change, Brown put struggling center Jerome James into the starting lineup to give him "a jump start." James played alongside Eddy Curry, with Antonio Davis coming off the bench.

The Lee move worked. The rookie power forward scored eight points and had double-digit boards (10) in his NBA debut, showing his great nose for the ball.

The James' experiment was a disaster and the 7-1 former Sonics center may be playing himself out of the rotation, with the rookies having success despite yesterday's 83-81 loss to the Warriors.

Lee could be on the active roster for good. "The biggest thing is giving energy," he said. "You cover up mistakes by playing hard."
does this count as confirmation?
Lee was held out of the Curry deal with Chicago, yet he was deactivated him before the opener.

"We have too many power forwards," Brown said. "I have to see where he fits."

[Edited by - rvhoss on 11-07-2005 2:07 PM]

So it's ok to base things on a single game now? Cool, this should be fun.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/7/2005  2:10 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by BigRedDog:
Posted by Bonn1997:

How can you say that you're going to get it right and then say that you're going to just ignore part of the trade?

I didn't get that either.

Although I'm starting to warm up to Lee.
tomverve
Member: #878
11/7/2005  3:09 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Next we will hear a drivel-based diatribe on how this did not occur, that I am just imputing a factless account based on the charlatans of the media.

Wrong, no one said that it did not occur for sure. What has been brought up is that we can't say for sure that it did occur, and your whole premise is based on the unproven assumption that it did. Certainly the media rumor mongering has not proven to be anywhere close to 100% reliable.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
rvhoss
Switzerland
11/7/2005  3:40 PM
Once again, the pot calling the kettle black.

Read your own posts before you criticize others for doing the same, oh, i forgot, you're the kid with the typo of frye's name and then tried to defend it.

nevermind...it's just who you are as a poster. (I hear you are quite different as a person)

get a grip, if people criticize the knicks after one, two or three games, I didn't see this comment at all from your keyboard, but I post a positive article (blame MARC BERMAN) about Lee and you got nothing of substance to say...some things never change.

I wonder what you actually do all day...It seems IMHO you just look for a positive post and contradict it.

Typical WT....STFU
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by rvhoss:

[Edited by - rvhoss on 11-07-2005 2:07 PM]
So it's ok to base things on a single game now? Cool, this should be fun.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 11-07-2005 3:48 PM]
rvhoss
Switzerland
11/7/2005  3:43 PM
Keeping in mind this is the same media that said marbs was DEFINITELY moving to the 2 and that the Kids would not play all year. And also implied frye would start the home opener.
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Next we will hear a drivel-based diatribe on how this did not occur, that I am just imputing a factless account based on the charlatans of the media.

Wrong, no one said that it did not occur for sure. What has been brought up is that we can't say for sure that it did occur, and your whole premise is based on the unproven assumption that it did. Certainly the media rumor mongering has not proven to be anywhere close to 100% reliable.

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/7/2005  3:55 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Well it's an unprotected #1, two second rounders, and the potential to swap another #1 with Chicago if our pick is better than theirs. the issues is simply based merely on figments of Briggs' imagination.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2005  4:02 PM
Its Sad, if curry does not help us, the worse our record is, the better the picks we gave a way. A good trade helps both teams, in the above, we get hosed more the more curry sucks.

And visa versa. If curry helps, the trade burns Chicago.

Illogical!
King1
Member: #998
USA
11/7/2005  4:10 PM
He guarded Troy Murphy yesterday and was blocking out Foyle and getting rebounds. I would like to see Lee guard Randolph he will get killed lol. I would like to see Zach come outside and watch Lee drive around him and make a great pass like he did against Murphy. David wont be a huge scorer but he is a great passer and understands the game and can rebound.
rvhoss
Switzerland
11/7/2005  4:12 PM
Curry will definitely help us...he was UNSTOPPABLE in the first quarter scoring our first 8 points on a variety of catches in the paint...no doubt this kid if for real. As for lee, I have the same expectations for him as I have for Ariza.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 11-07-2005 4:13 PM]
King1
Member: #998
USA
11/7/2005  4:34 PM
Lee will make the game easier for people with his passing and feel for the game. The the rookies are going to be fine but they will have some really bad games also.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2005  4:36 PM
Lee will develope an outside shot. Its crazy to think any of our young guys are that landlocked on talent.

Besides, the White kids ALL can shoot right?
BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/7/2005  7:30 PM
When you quote "all those picks" I don't think you can group #1 and #2 rnd picks in the same statement. We can go out and buy 2nd rnd picks if we want to.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/7/2005  7:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, no one is saying that, but by the same token: how do we know the Bulls weren't asking for Lee AND the picks? And that the concession that the Bulls made was to just get the trade done without Lee? The trade was an 11th hour and 59th minute trade, the Bulls were under the gun.

¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
USA
11/7/2005  7:44 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, no one is saying that, but by the same token: how do we know the Bulls weren't asking for Lee AND the picks? And that the concession that the Bulls made was to just get the trade done without Lee? The trade was an 11th hour and 59th minute trade, the Bulls were under the gun.
Or they could have been asking for Lee instead of one or both of the 2nd rd picks. There's an infinite # of possibilities that Briggs won't consider.

rvhoss
Switzerland
11/7/2005  10:56 PM
true.
Ira
Member: #91
11/8/2005  6:09 AM
How do we know that we wouldn't have had to give up some of the picks if we put Lee in the package?
Bonn1997
USA
11/8/2005  7:36 AM
Posted by Ira:

How do we know that we wouldn't have had to give up some of the picks if we put Lee in the package?
We don't. Some just pretend to know.
were going to pay a STEEP price for keeping david lee

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy